It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by ButterCookie

Well if we continue to report from the various areas within the suspected NMZTriangle, we may get a picture of where the weakness in the faultlines will be when it does send off the big one.

I always thought San Andreas was going to happen first and then like a chain reaction NMZ would go second.

If NMZ does go and all that we see is a 6. we will have dodged the bullet even though there will be a tremendous fallout. My intuition has always been more in the lines of a 8. or greater.

I agree....

When this thread 1st came out, I felt that there would eventually be a 5.0 or (greater) that will make national news and be felt in Memphis and St Louis....last night was the 4.7

Then I predicted that a 6.0 or greater would occur .....we will see

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I was on my computer when I felt the 4.7 at 11pm last.....neighbors report the same time they felt it too

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Yep expected high today 78 here and low tonight in the 30's. We are expecting heavy storms this afternoon and evening *Duh* and we may just see the night of the twisters...

It is going to get bad. Could this be the night NMZ happens?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm going to be fair. Or try to be fair. They are now posting the 2+ quakes.

It was also the case during the Yellowstone swarm that they would focus on the big quakes and then add the smaller quakes. They've explained that they are busy and they do eventually post them all. So make your own conclusions. I'm trying to act like a reporter. Even if that's a Gonzo Reporter.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

So you are saying it happened at the exact same time in Tenn as in Ar. ? What does that mean guys?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I very much agree!!!!!

All this tornadic activity and now quakes felt in several states???

Also, my dad said he felt a little seasick this morning, even though he was asleep during the quakes last night...

my theory is that quakes release seismic energy in the air that gives people that 'seasick, off-balance, dizzy' feeling...

Sound crazy??

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Yep expected high today 78 here and low tonight in the 30's. We are expecting heavy storms this afternoon and evening *Duh* and we may just see the night of the twisters...

It is going to get bad. Could this be the night NMZ happens?

You could be right. But I expect we would see small quakes popping up in other zones. As the big quake started to move. It would be loading on adjacent areas. I think there would be some more warning signs first. This is the begining of a process. During the quakes of 1811/12, there were four quakes over weeks. But we don't know how many quakes preceeded the big event. There was no siesmograms keeping track. I would think that there were probably swarms in different areas before the big faults unlocked.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Good question.......

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
My son who is in 6th grade said his teacher told them last Friday that there are going to be EQ drills this week at his school. They told them that 'if' something happened before the drills, that they are to hop under their desks with hands over back of neck.

Interesting, fire drills yes, EQ drills, this is a first.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Well I can't get over the fact that everyone felt this earthquake here in the Memphis area BUT ME! And I'm the one who is annoying people around me with the reports of all these quakes in Arkansas. I was actually outside with my cats and looking up at the clear night sky when the 4.7 was felt. I guess I was distracted big time, but yeah I did feel a great deal of lightheadedness, nausea and the best way to describe it is a surreal feeling around me.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by antar

I very much agree!!!!!

All this tornadic activity and now quakes felt in several states???

Also, my dad said he felt a little seasick this morning, even though he was asleep during the quakes last night...

my theory is that quakes release seismic energy in the air that gives people that 'seasick, off-balance, dizzy' feeling...

Sound crazy??

I am working on another hypothesis. But I don't want to do too much speculating here. I will post it on my other thread. I'm waiting to see if a geologist can explain something to me. There's is a reason you felt sea-sick. If you all want to race ahead of me and do your own thinking. Think tides, air pressure, saturated soils. Swarms, Moon.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

NOT at all! I am no expert, but AM very sensitive. I can get headaches from barometric drops and such, it is science with me.

Man I need to get offline right now but am just enthralled by this thread right now, have been glued for weeks.

It just seems like this thread is the best place to understand and be pre-warned, prepared.

link   

Originally posted by justsaying

Well I can't get over the fact that everyone felt this earthquake here in the Memphis area BUT ME! And I'm the one who is annoying people around me with the reports of all these quakes in Arkansas. I was actually outside with my cats and looking up at the clear night sky when the 4.7 was felt. I guess I was distracted big time, but yeah I did feel a great deal of lightheadedness, nausea and the best way to describe it is a surreal feeling around me.

Really? Very interesting....you could have very well been distracted because unless you were sitting still and it was quiet, it would have gone unnoticed....A lot of people here are so sick of me constantly talking about the quake cuz they didn't feel it (lol) but I'm usually up and on ATS at the time of night

Yep, I have had a on again off again seasick feeling most of Feburary.

The local news is reporting that it was felt in Bartlett, Raleigh ( where I live) , Frayser and Walnut Grove (Baptist Hospital area). The hospital staff had stated that chairs were moving and phones slid off of desks...

Who do know that felt it?

link   
reply to post by KathyG427

I am a tropical fish professional with 10 years of wholesale experience and a lifetime of raising/breeding/caring for fish.

Just saying that so everyone understands.

Bottom feeders like drum are more sensitive to changes because they eat detritus. Eat the wrong food and die. They also have more sensitive eardrums and other senses because they are mostly in darkness and need all the help they can get to find food and avoid predators.
They are the canaries in the (watery) coalmine.

And we did feel a tremor in North St. Louis about 11 PM but there was a raging storm so I think people blew that off.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

NOT at all! I am no expert, but AM very sensitive. I can get headaches from barometric drops and such, it is science with me.

Man I need to get offline right now but am just enthralled by this thread right now, have been glued for weeks.

It just seems like this thread is the best place to understand and be pre-warned, prepared.

I agree!!!

I got a lot of peers and family now calling and texting me today wanting me to speculate; they assume I am an expert because I always tell this stuff that happens, but they just need to be apart of ATS; REAL NEWS

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Describe what you felt last night....I am enthralled with this whole thing too!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by katfish
reply to post by KathyG427

And we did feel a tremor in North St. Louis about 11 PM but there was a raging storm so I think people blew that off.

I was up watching the news and tracking the storm because I thought a tornoda was knocking on my door here in St. Charles. I did not feel anything though. Distracted I guess.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by katfish

The raging storms last night in my area could have also been EQ as the ground shook under my feet, we do live in a Mobile home though so...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by katfish

You are right...all the storms going on last night, probably more people felt it and didn't differentiate the two....probably thought the tremor was heavy thunder

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

A tree in my apartment complex is down today...not sure if it was the quake or the storms........

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join