It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMAZING MUST SEE images - phenomenon in australia. WOW

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I would love to road trip it there with some mates it looks amazing im stunned i guess i am lucky to live in a country like this.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Wow reminds me of the movies,Avatar and Contact. Never seen this before , what could have caused this ?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
WOW!! That is just amazing. I wonder what it is that would cause that. Maybe something similar to the green river see Vancouver not too long ago but on a much larger scale? Good find.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

You probably forgot the words AMAZING MUST SEE and WOW because that jump-starts

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Pretty neat, I find it also quite surprising no one has attributed this "phenomenon" to either "2012", "The magnetic pole shift" or "an asteroid (aka Planet X)" or even Government conspiracy!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I really love the time lapse photo where the stars have formed a swirl, it's like an impressionist painting. I have seen some mild luminescence in a ships wake but nothing at all like these photos.

Simply incredible, thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is as real as it gets, however certainly not unique.

There is an island off Puerto Rico named Vieques, in which I have visited at least 4 times. There is a biolumincent lake there as well, in brackish water, in a lagoon that has open access to the ocean at high tide. It is surrounded by mangrove trees, and is certainly an ecosystem unto itself.

There is a symbiotic relationship between the temperature, the fresh water, the salt water, the mangrove roots in the water and the incredible bioluminecent one-celled bioflagilates in the water whose species can live only there.

You jump in the water, and it's fireworks. As you paddle a boat, the water lights up when disturbed, and fish that live there leave trails of light like comets as they swim.

When I was there, I filled a coke bottle from the lagoon, and you could shake it most of the night and it would light up.
However, it never survived the trip back to the states. When I got home, it was just a coke bottle full of dull salty water.

Incredible, and this here is really amazing because it is certainly the same effect, but different in it's ability to glow like this.

Let's hear from some biologists on how unique an environmint this is, and where else in the world are there such pools of water where these microorganisms grow?

Great post, * and F for you!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Its called Bioluminescence, Caused by disturbing a living organism in the water. I heard about this on a wildlife doctumentary
Look it up on Google.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Dayne because: added more detail

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I have experienced this phenomenon first hand at a beach in northland, New Zealand. It was caused by algae, any movement would cause it to glow. If you swam in the water all the movement around you would glow, if you walked on the sand your foot prints and around your feet would light up. You could pick up a hand full of sand and throw it where it scattered along the beach would glow/ Every wave that came in would light up the water - I was drunk as when we went down to the beach and found out it was all glowing - it was a very magical experience. The colout was no where near as electric as this though - it was more of that greeny glow in the dark colour that stickers etc make - but a bit lighter, this however looks like a different reality very bright and electric blue - how cool!
edit on 17-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
that one dude has a mean muffin top goin on

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
yea, those guys are care free lol

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
beautiful!

Reminds me a lot of the movie Avatar.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
YES! Avatar that's what I was thinking.

It is beautiful and such a rare site to see.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
That's amazing.

I have had this picture in my collection since atleast 2006, satellite image of the same thing in another area.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e0ff5f7795e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ah yes, I think this is called 'sea fire', only once ever read about it in a mag, must be really rare, cos such a cool thing would be filmed a lot more.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join