It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMAZING MUST SEE images - phenomenon in australia. WOW

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
this is amazing!
when I was in the US navy, i used to sit top side and gaze below at the glowing green trails left behind by our propellers churning the bioluminescent phytoplankton into fat streams behind our ship.

often times, when I was on the signal bridge, I'd look down and see a pod of dolphins or porpoise swimming along side our ship also creating this beautiful stream of color as we cruised silently through the waters.

BUT, in all of my instances, the bioluminescence was always green, and I have never seen the blue hue till today.

what an amazing plant we live on peeps!
I would love to see what settings the photog used for these beautiful shots.

thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Thanks for the pic star! all is appreciated

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
From the article:

These images are particularly stunning because the concentration of the micro-organism 'Noctiluca Scintillans' was abnormally high when he took the photos at Gippsland Lakes in Victoria, Australia.

Phil said: 'To be there watching this bioluminescence is spellbinding and to see it like this is very rare.

'I am a program director with an organisation that has been running canoeing camps on the Gippsland Lakes for 50 years. Nobody can remember the bioluminescence ever being as bright as this.

Unbeknownst to these people, the reason that the anomaly has not been witnessed to such a degree is that this typically occurs right before a geographic pole shift.

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

edit on 16-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: typos

edit on 16-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Not to worry as usual its the images that are most popular,its a bit becoming tabloidy on ats ,maybe they should start a monthly magazine.....there are loads of rehashes,imaginations are becoming limited.I read somewhere that those microbes are actually dangerous although a spectacle to view.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Thanks 4 pics
Absolutley Beautiful.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Full moon at Laguna Beach and you witness the same thing except much less intense (usually when a wave breaks) and the color is green instead of blue. Amazing pics though.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
You know, sometimes I really believe that this world we live on is, really beautiful... a fantastic example.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

oh no its aqua man or somethin haha pretty cool

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Good find!!

Thank you for posting this.

I thought the "snow rainbow" I recently saw was neat but, these pics edge it out.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I remember seeing this posted in 2008 still cool tho.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

this one was taken from a satellite on 2005.

Link

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Stunning, never known anything like it. Imagine the effects that big waves crashing would give!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Wonderful pictures, I really would like to visit that lake

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I've seen this phosferessence in person when I was a child in Scotland. Only it was at the beach. Your footsteps would light up behind you as you walked along the wet sand at the waters edge. Also throwing objects into the water would cause the same effect. It was beutifull.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Incredibly Beautiful Photos Thnx!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I was lucky enough to see this in person many years ago with a bunch of friends while camping at the beach in St. Augustine, Florida. We had also ingested some illegal psychotropic substances (I am in no way condoning drug use) which didn't hurt at all. I've seen it a few times since without the chemical aid and it's just as beautiful.

The best part is that it's interactive, the phosphorescence gets brighter when it's stirred up. Such an amazing world we live in.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Quick question if I may how long does this last?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It looks like something from the movie Avatar. no but i was just wondering if it was the algea that sometimes luminates in the moonlight. its called bioluminescense. nothing interesting here

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Wow never seen anything like it before. It is quite beautiful.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
those pictures are amazing! I would love to see something like that with my own to eyes ..its a fascinating planet we live on ..thanks for the thread

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join