It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMAZING MUST SEE images - phenomenon in australia. WOW

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Meanwhile off the coast a suspicious looking tanker drains untold amounts of industrial chemicals and waste into the ocean during the day when it won't glow.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
Meanwhile off the coast a suspicious looking tanker drains untold amounts of industrial chemicals and waste into the ocean during the day when it won't glow.

Us humans and our chemicals,
although i do have to admit I benefit from the products of the industrial process. We need a better way to create things.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Can someone tell me what that stargate looking portal is in the sky, wth?

Deebo

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Do you mean the time lapse photo of the stars that create a circle pattern in the sky?
I've walked on the beach at Cocoa Fla. when they were dredging fill and the everything lit up from the organizims.
This was in the early 70's late at night, with a little help from my freinds. The colors were amazing.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikester
reply to post by Deebo

Do you mean the time lapse photo of the stars that create a circle pattern in the sky?
I've walked on the beach at Cocoa Fla. when they were dredging fill and the everything lit up from the organizims.
This was in the early 70's late at night, with a little help from my freinds. The colors were amazing.

Yes the time lapse one.

Deebo

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo

Originally posted by spikester
reply to post by Deebo

Yes the time lapse one.

Deebo

what you are seeing are the circumpolar stars, that neither set or rise, this is due north.
the earth is spinning.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
When I was about 13 back 30 years ago my father and I used to drag a prawn net ( shrimp net for you Amelicans ) in the local Estuary and all you would see is a green glow everywhere we walked. It was nearly as stunning as those photo's and I was told as a kid the glow was caused by micro organism's that when disturbed they glowed bright iridescent green.

Now if I even walk in those areas there is nothing, not a single sign of a glow, along with all the fish in my area and crabs.....mostly gone.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayedd

Originally posted by SerialLurker
reply to post by derst1988

This was also in a fictional book by Jeffery Deaver whereby a pilot loses the lights on the cockpit display and navigates back to land or something by noticing the organisms in the water... it's how he is able to tell where the water is, which was the first time I ever heard of these organisms.

This story was also told by Tom Hank's character in the movie Apollo 13.

You know what, I think this is what I was thinking of. For some reason, in my mind, it occurred in the Jeffery Deaver book but I am certain that I mixed it up with Apollo 13. DUH!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It's caused my a microbe: dinoflagellate

Google "Jamaica Luminous Lagoon", all the info is there

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Our planet has more amazing natural phenomenon then any one person could ever see in a lifetime. I never understood people who can't appreciate the beauty and wonder nature has to offer!

Thanks for the images OP. Thanks to everyone who takes an interest in nature and all it's beauty!

Peace & Respect,

SnF

AS

edit on 16-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: SnF

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I once watched a naked asian girl swim in Alaska at midnite when the water was full of the biolumens. She was treading water and her whole body was lit up and where her feet and legs were treading water the glow spiraled down like 10 feet beneath her. Where her arms swept the water back and forth while treading it looked like she had glowing wings. We were both tripping out- but i was more cause i was standing on the dock and had a better view of her and all the swirling and glowing. It was amazing and beautiful.

She looked like an angel...

then i took her back to my boat and romped her like the devil.

good times.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Romans 10:9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Bioluminescence.

Starred and Flagged!!

Absolutely beautiful! Great find! Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

I love storms and that one is really impressive! It reminds me of the giant jellyfish that are invading the shores and fishing areas of Japan.

I rotated the picture to match orientation; the diver I kept in shot for a gauge of size.

I remember a Ripley's book from way back when that the bioluminescence diatoms were dried and used by the Japanese military. Supposedly they wet their hands, poured the diatoms into their palm and had a light source to read maps.
As a kid, I thought everything Ripley's said was true. Now I'm grown and know better.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
thanks for the images
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6b45c7237b8.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
this is nothing new really:

www.biobay.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Nice pics! Kinda reminds me of that movie "Avatar" except it was
the plant life that glowed in the movie

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
i just looked again...amazing lol

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I posted this exact same thing on the 26th of January and didn't get half of the posts you did. Good on you buddy!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just to prove it.

Pred...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I have been shark fishing at night in N FL when green bioluminescence is active and it's awesome. When your fighting a fish it flashes green everywhere the water is disturbed. Basically you can watch the fish fight under water because they are lit up like a light. Also when you get going on the boat the water glows green under and behind the boat.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I've actually experienced this in the Florida Keys on Blackwater Sound the entire underside of my boat and part of the wake was glowing blue, very cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join