It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMAZING MUST SEE images - phenomenon in australia. WOW

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
i am not sure if this has been covered here, but have you ever seen anything so beautifully amazing you were that close to crying - well it happened to me today.

just look at these pictures from australia from two weeks ago.....WOW
:

The lake that glows in the dark: Eerie phenomenon that turned waters (and midnight swimmers) luminous blue
to be totally amazed and inspired please follow the link

daily mail - phenomenon

if anyone can place e the images in their posts, i would be most grateful, especially the last image with the milkyway in the background
: thanks
edit on 16-2-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I've never seen that before, that would look so cool at night, especially if the whole shore line was glowing blue. Thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Those pictures are wonderful.
Imagine if all of the oceans were like that on a dif. planet

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I saw this phenomena with my own eyes in Fingal Bay, NSW. The entire beach (which curves around to form a bay and is a very long beach) was fluorescing blue and green for about an hour one night - its an amazing sight to behold.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzscapez
Those pictures are wonderful.
Imagine if all of the oceans were like that on a dif. planet

wow...but thats just it...thats OUR planet there!... i always knew nature could be that wonerful...but to see it..sheesh. nice

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Nature is amazing! If I lived there, that would be my new favorite swimming hole

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c24b01ef7106.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa5d5dbbf5e3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I WHANT SOME

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

These are truly beautiful . It would be breathtaking to see it with your own eyes.

I’m going to run back to the link now to have a good read. Thanks OP.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

you "beat me to it"...
tinypic is quite slow these days...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Wow. That is mesmerizing and stunning. Great presence of mind to do the shot with the sand and pebbles. Nature is awesome and we are too often not her worthy stewards. S&F for bringing this to us.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Iv'e seen this phenomenon quite a few times and while it is quite spectacular I'm afraid it doesn't look quite like the photos in real life.
The camera is picking up a large amount of UV light and thats why it looks so bright, it's much more of a subdued eerie glow with the naked eye

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thats pretty awesome. It reminds me of this show I was watching, i believe on Discovery. It is called " I shouldn't be alive" or something like that. In one episode it featured a duo of scuba divers who got lost at sea and had to pick a direction and swim. I believe this took place in australia if my memory serves me correctly, and as they neared the coast a bioluminescent organism was reacting to their movement in the water, glowing white when agitated. I thought this was interesting then and even so in these pictures now. Great find OP.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

This was also in a fictional book by Jeffery Deaver whereby a pilot loses the lights on the cockpit display and navigates back to land or something by noticing the organisms in the water... it's how he is able to tell where the water is, which was the first time I ever heard of these organisms.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This happens at the beach near my house, but nowhere near as much in the pictures. You can squash the blue stuff and spread it on your skin!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SerialLurker

This was also in a fictional book by Jeffery Deaver whereby a pilot loses the lights on the cockpit display and navigates back to land or something by noticing the organisms in the water... it's how he is able to tell where the water is, which was the first time I ever heard of these organisms.

This story was also told by Tom Hank's character in the movie Apollo 13.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I have encountered this a few times here in the Netherlands while taking a leak overboard..

Only at here it is green, not blue !

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

I don’t know what tinypic is.

All I do is save pic to my comp, then upload to ATS media
Then open the pic in there I then right click on the pick and choose property’s, it will have the size Dimensions: 964 x 636 for example.

I then copy embed code, looks like this
[atsimg] http:// files.abovetopsecret. com/images/member/49fe9c4a9168.jpg [/atsimg]

Then I guestamate how much to cut it down by. In this case I made it 664 x 336
I take off the img at the beginning and the end, add in =664x336.

no spaces though, i only put spaces in to show you how it looks.

[ ats=664x336] http :// files.abovetopsecret. com/images / member/49fe9c4a9168. jpg [/ats]
That goes straight into your post no need to use the lil buttons on your reply/comments box.

By the way these pics arre awesome, cant have too many i say

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Ah yes, the television show mentioned a pilot who discovered it, but I hadnt really paid much attention. Thanks for the info

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayedd

This story was also told by Tom Hank's character in the movie Apollo 13.

Hmm thats cool too, im going to need to see that movie again, been a long time i barely remember it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join