It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All quiet on the Libya Front (daily report) ((update))

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Right on...after my last post to you this morning, I had just dropped my son at school and was thinking on the drive home of the two soldiers I blogged with in Iraq and how they scared the begeesus out of me (and everyone else) when they did not check in or get out of the hard places when they said they were.

So, I was upset to see you had not left, but held my tongue or typing as it were. Now that Gazrok has taken license to say so, I am going to say so too,

...get your butt out of there!

Prayers always,-aw

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hi Fellow ATS'ers

Well safe and sound in Malta now, but was mayhem at Trioli ariport, there were fights everywhere with people trying to get tickets out, at one point the Airport security waded in with Batons to try and stop scuffles.

it's only about a 20 minute drive from tripoli to the Airport, but we hit two check points, luckily manned by uniformed soldiers, we chatted to some people there who had come thru Mercenary / Militia check points and they were confinscating all bags and only alllowing you to keep your passport and the clothes you were in. they had trucks there loaded up with peoples suitcases and computer bags.

the guy on the plane next to me, told me that where he was in Gorji (spelling) a district in Tripoli he'd seen alot of blood on the streets and also he told me something which I personally liked.. he saw dead mercenaries hanging from lamp posts.

Gadaffi's got to go down and for good. the man is pure evil.

Peace...

With a Major Hangover .... Rock Ape

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

Wow, glad to hear you are safe. I was reading on CNN about protests all over the Middle East (Bahrain, Yemen, etc.). Who knows how this will all go down.

My prediction is that Bahrain will be the next to go. The King left for a "trip", but freed a lot of political prisoners before leaving. My bet is that he's going into exile, and that soon the protests there will reach revolution status. Who knows though?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hi have you heard about this?

Can you confirm it?

edition.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- A Libyan military aircraft crashed Wednesday southwest of Benghazi after the crew refused to follow orders to bomb the city, Libya's Quryna newspaper reported.
The pilot and co-pilot parachuted out of the craft, and the plane crashed in an uninhabited area, the paper said.
The Russian-made Sukhoi-22 aircraft crashed west of the city of Ijdabiya, 160 km (100 miles) southwest of Benghazi, Quryna reported, citing military sources.
When the protests began, Quryna reported regime propaganda. But it later switched, reporting on the protests and casualty figures.
CNN could not immediately confirm reports for many areas in Libya. The Libyan government maintains tight control on communications and has not responded to repeated requests from CNN for access to the country.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

Sigh of relief.

Glad to hear you are safe and have arrived unscathed except the hangover. Hilarious.

My Dad missed the Iran hostage takeover by a couple of planes back in the day, ever since then I have been a little jumpy.

Gods speed, aw

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

I missed 9/11 due to a rescheduled business trip. I already had a flight reservation to arrive that day. Of course, I would have been flying IN to NYC, so the worst is that I would have been stranded there.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Still, didn't you find that odd...I mean how did that make you feel? Do you think it happened for a reason or was it just a coincidence? Free will or fate? Guardian Angel or primal instinct?

Just curious? And here is why, I have read so many stories about people, who, that morning changed their normal routines and did something different and had no idea why. There should, or so I heard, have been at least another 700 or so people at their desks at the time the first plane came through.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

Wasn't my choice, the client decided they weren't ready. I did end up going months later.
Since I was flying IN, I wouldn't have been on one of the hijacked planes. Still though, I'm thankful I didn't get stranded there (expensive city to be stranded..although, in retrospect, I was on an expense account...so maybe that would have been nice...hehe...)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join