It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High-fructose corn syrup (HF CS) can raise blood pressure by 32%

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Even on healthy adults that follow a low fat, low sodium diet may be at increased risk of getting high blood pressure, as many of the marketed low fat/low sodium diets are ridden with (HFCS) use to enhance flavors.

A University of Colorado study found that even people who eat a healthy, low-sodium diet may be at risk of high blood pressure due to a commonly-found food additive. High-fructose corn syrup (HFCS), which is found in almost all processed, prepared, or packaged foods, was shown to increase blood pressure by up to 32%.

According to the study, HFCS causes inflammation in the bloodstream which causes the blood vessel walls to tighten, resulting in blood pressure increases. Even people who ate a healthy diet with periodic ingestion of HFCS experienced the blood pressure increase.

www.lowerpressure.com...

Even with so much compelling data on the harms of this sweeteners the FDA still claim to be safe for consumption.

Taking into consideration the powerful lobby of the multi billion dollar empire behind (HFCS) in Washington we will still continue to get the poison on our food chain.

Other names where you can find (HFCS) under in your food labels.

corn syrup, fructose, high fructose sweetener, natural sweetener, or other type of sweetener

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Yeah they leave all this crap on the market because they deem them safe "in small quantities", but they damn well know people can't control themselves and over eat and drink all the time.
If people still aren't getting the clue that the FDA works for the big corporations & NOT the people, then I don't know what else to do to wake them up. The corporations get their people into government, then deregulation for that corp. products happens, like with Aspartame, then it's released to the consumers for a profit.

They are breaking us all down, then we go to the doctors and get medicated up, and these sickos make a profit on both sides of that equation. Depopulation with a profit.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Is an old say that you are familiar with in our nation of corporatism, money talks and BS walk and that is exactly what is going on in Washington for decades, we have nothing but whores in congress that are been manipulated by the pimps in corporate America.

See the can afford with dirty money to eat and live like Royalty, so we the populace are nothing but numbers and more money in their pockets.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
it's called glucose-fructose in canada and it's in EVERYTHING. i refuse to eat anything that has this poison in it but it's hard to find stuff without it. there is like 3 cereals i can eat and i've only found two brands of bread that don't use it. i wish this information was better known, but unfortunately even people who do know the truth don't seem to care.
edit on 16-2-2011 by ZiggyStardust because: typo

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyStardust

And that is the biggest problem when it comes to find food items in our manufactured food nations to eat, the (HFCS) are cheap and they are food flavor enhancers, is even added to dog food many baby food also have the additive in it.

When the propaganda of moderation is used it doesn't tell that the poison is every where something that is hard to avoid unless you eat only raw food.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Reply to post by marg6043

Take caffeine then, as it opens up the blood vessels.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Actually I am a caffeine drinker, I have been seen childhood as coffee is part of our traditions in the Caribbean.

But rather than a poison like soda manufactures made it to be in order to boost their sugar water drinks, is packed with powerful natural antioxidants.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Yea it can also make an entire population of 300 million extremely fat because it makes everything tasty and it is in almost everything.

Off topic but pizza hut did a study to make the most disgusting looking pizza like donut and strawberry glaze or oreos and glaze, and found out that the more disgusting looking/sounding pizza will be bought more and more than normal pizzas. Just goes to show that we like to eat things that taste good, but since it does not make you fat the next day, you continue to do it over and over again, which is the definition of crazy.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

Addiction to sugar is high in the US we consume more sugar than ever and the results are not pretty, it takes time and effort to get off it because the addicting side and finding more healthy choices is a big chore.

It has taken me years to eat now the way I do, but I am winning the war against junk food.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Everyone who watches Endgame, World According to Monsanto, and the Fluoride Deception should automatically change their entire eating habits. If it doesn't, watch them again.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Great topic, but crap!

Everything that is in everything we like to eat and drink.

Still, I'd rather give stuff up than have to take more meds.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Thank you for this information. While that stuff rarely passes into me, I have plenty of friends who just got this link.

On a side note, as more and more of this kind of thing is coming out, fewer and fewer physicians are even broaching the subject of diet and exercise when it comes to things like high blood pressure and out of whack blood sugar and instead reach straight for the prescription pad. Crazy world.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I challenge you to go to the grocery store and shop and buy nothing that has it in it. Can you do it? If you can, you have spent probably twice as much, if not more, on groceries. I spend a little more on products that don't have it, but even I'm guilty cuz its in everything!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yes is in everything the government knows it, the FDA knows it and nobody can fight the mulitibillion dollar empire that is behind it.

They got lobbyist to fight for their money we don't have anybody to fight for our health.

Still is hard to find food items manufactured that doesn't have the additive in it, because our food chain is control by the same people that are poisoning us.

If we don't fight nothing is going to happen, this stuff is even in our pets and children food, what a joke.

Now that the big pharma and health insurance have our lives in their hands thanks to Obama care is more money for their pockets.

I will not be surprised that standards for certain illnesses like cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes numbers will be "modified" so more people can be squeezed into prescribe drugs that are proving not only to help at all, but they are dangerous and addicting.

This topic comes close to home as I have been on blood pressure medications since my 30s, I am healthy, slim, exercise all my life and still by the medical standards my blood pressure is high.

So far I have steadily finding alternative medicine to keep my blood pressure medication at a minimum and is working so far for me.

Soon enough I will kiss big pharma goodbye.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
this makes me unbelievebly mad ,i swear,my blood pressure is up at least 30 percent after reading ur thread....
or is it the microwave dinner i just ate?

just kidding star and flag

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marge, thank you for the warning.
High Fructose Corn Syrup is mostly made from GMO corn.

A product of the complex process described above, it is genetically modified.

In 1982, when the artificial sweetener was introduced into the American food supply, children for the first time began getting type II diabetes and obesity rates soared. In at least one study, the syrup has been linked to both.

The syrup also has been shown to interfere with people’s metabolism so that a person feels hungrier than they really are. This is because high fructose corn syrup also limits the secretion of leptin into the body’s system.
www.highfructosecornsyrup.org...

This is shameful on the part of the manufacturers.

Pass it on

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Is not only shameful but outcry obscene that with all the medical information about the dangers of this poison and the GM crops the government whores still allow monspanto to keep intruding into our food supplies.

I read in another report that fructose from corn syrup is the one that is increasing the waste line of adults and children causing the dangerous visceral fat that is going on around.

30 years ago visceral fat or fat waist lines were not as common as today, we used to call it from baby fat to beer bellies and post pregnancy fat.

Now we can rightfully call it, for what it is high fructose consumption fat.

edit on 5-3-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Marge, wow...
I actually did not know that! I dont eat this stuff, avoid it all together.
This is just one more really good reason to aviod it like the plague,
and now I am going to send out an email on this, to pass it on!

Here is a really great expose on your point!

Compared to animals eating only rat chow, rats on a diet rich in high-fructose corn syrup showed characteristic signs of a dangerous condition known in humans as the metabolic syndrome, including abnormal weight gain, significant increases in circulating triglycerides and augmented fat deposition, especially visceral fat around the belly. Male rats in particular ballooned in size: Animals with access to high-fructose corn syrup gained 48 percent more weight than those eating a normal diet.

"These rats aren't just getting fat; they're demonstrating characteristics of obesity, including substantial increases in abdominal fat and circulating triglycerides,"

www.princeton.edu...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You probably already know this, but they developed HFCS as a replacement for real sugar made from sugarcane because sugar was costing too much because of embargo on Cuba. The U.S. government also gives more subsidies to farmers who grow 'yellow corn' than any other agricultural product combined.

They start out with genetically modified corn, 'yellow corn' (real-natural corn, maize, that the Native Americans ate looked nothing like 'yellow corn' and it was much more nutritious) and convert some of its glucose into fructose to make it sweeter. In essence, they are genetically modifying the already genetically modified crop.

It is true, that HFCS is what is making the majority of us fat, and now it’s proven to raise blood pressure drastically. WOW! I wish everybody knew this so something could be done.

edit on 5-3-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Yes I know how the despicable "corn syrup" made it into the food chain, but believe me it was not about Cuba it was about sugar made in lab for increase in profits, then they got the corporate owned government into putting the crap into everything because it acts as a preservative also so your food doesn't need to be sweet to have the crap in it.

For some reason Food manufacturing while cost more also yield more profits because the manufacturing industry control food markets thanks to the FDA.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join