It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RISING FROM AMNESIA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Velikovsky theorized that humanity suffered a collective amnesia on the subject of catastrophes. As a reaction to the repeated near-destruction of human civilization, a deep scar has been left on the human psyche. Although the solar system has been settled for 2,700 years, he notes a 700 year cycle in the human collective consciousness.

Christianity in the first century A.D. and Islam in the seventh [century] were both founded on apocalyptic visions of the transformation of the world by fire. The fourteenth century was the time of the Black Death and the Hundred Years War which reduced the population of Western Europe by two-thirds.

Velikovsky's fear was that in the twenty-first century this trauma would be re-enacted by humanity, who is now in possession of the means of its own destruction.

An examination of the facts may help the recall of our memory, the suppression of which could be the cause of great violence in our history.

THE BOOKS OF VELIKOVSKY:

Worlds in Collision, 1950

Ages in Chaos, 1952

Earth in Upheaval, 1955

Oedipus and Akhnaton, 1960

Peoples of the Sea, 1977

Ramses II and His Time, 1978

Mankind in Amnesia, 1982

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Awesome find! I am reading some of this guys work and he is on point with his work. S&F

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Worryingly so. I managed to get a copy of Worlds in Collision off of eBay for free a few years back as the seller said the condition was so bad. It arrived and looked pretty good to me. Smelt great too like only old books can. Been hooked on his re-enactment (note: do not use the term theory when discussing his work!) of history since.

new topics

join