It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Calls For Total US Control of Canadian Border

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I am a heck of a lot more concerned about the Mexican border that I am the Canadian border.

But Napolitano tells us the Mexican border is so safe the US is pulling several hundred border patrol agents and the National guard of three out of four states away from patroling the border. She has stopped all work on the border fence. She even has the border patrol alert the CORRUPT Mexican government of the location of any civilian patrols.

Yes we Americans can sleep well knowing Napolitano's Grope-N-Fly and border policy is keeping America safe.

I detail this in my thread: Napolitano sets stage for False Flag Terrorist Attack

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Its a joke, fear mongers asking for more money, more power over people, when you guys down south are fed up of this bull#, just move up north, we wont treat you like criminals, we wont tell you what to think, and we wont make you feel less than what you are, we still ahve some freedoms up here, what ever the government says, come and visit and be at peace.

I love my american neibhors

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hthjason

Beacon of freedom? That's a friggin' joke amigo. There was a time when Americans were free but no more. Now-a-days there is a kind of cop for every kind of thing that a citizen might want to do in our great land. We talk freedom and democracy but take a look at what we do:

In Egypt right now we tended to support the powers that were hostile to the people. When the people rose up in true democracy we failed them at first. Why? Because the powers there were friendly to our selfish interests and had been for a long time.

In Iran right now we support the people immediately and wholly in their democratic uprising. Why? Because their government is hostile to us and we'd like to see it replaced.

Oh yeah.... America supports freedom for others but with the condition that the freedom that they seek will be open to American business and military interests.

Anyone who wants verification of what I say need only listen to Ms. Clinton yakking away in her statements the past couple of days.

So, it seems that freedom has qualifying riders attached. This is a very human inclination but it still stinks.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Yes are more than willing to help fellow American's excape there third world pollitial state and economic's, Lot's of room in Canada

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Typically the baby gets thrown out with the bathwater.....
I feel it important to get this message across......
Canadians as a rule dont like American policy or attitudes.
We tend to be less braggarts, and more doers.
We tend to stick to our last, and let others do same.
As far as the Candians i know go...we simply do not wany americans here.(truthfully we find them arrogant, and overbearing.)
nor do we want to be associated with same goverment policy as you guys.
We have no wish to control the world, and we dont like the NAFTA example of doing business with those who reneg on their word as a people or as a country.The US hasd a past history of dirty fealings with foriegn leaders at the expense of their peoples.
It is true for your deals with Canada as well.We certainly dont need US law enfocement in this country.
Many look forward to the fall of the US hedgemony, and an end to corporate control of your goverment.
We are concerned for the ameican people, but not your way of government.
We dont want our troops killing for your corporate aristocracy.
Wed rather sell our resources on a free world market than send them south to support the arrogant policies of Amerika.
i do hope this is a little more decorous.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well according to the US government, the Canadian is one of the new hot beds for drug and terrorist activity

Article

That changed this month after the U.S. Government Accountability Office released a report warning that the terrorist threat from Canada was higher than from Mexico because of the vast swaths of unprotected frontier. Just 32 miles of the 4,000-mile border have an acceptable level of Border Patrol security, with agents available to make on-site arrests, the report said.

I tend to agree with what this guy says below...

"There are more drugs on Wall Street than here," said Jonathan Maracle, 35, who owns a gift shop on the 12,000-member Akwesasne Mohawk reservation, straddling New York and Canada on both sides of the St. Lawrence River. "All they're trying to do is make us look bad up here because they can't control up here. The United States government is nothing but bullies."

ATS Thread

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I thank the Republican Party, for their ongoing campaign to remove The USA from the World Economy and to effectively alienate their people into a big jail.

Again though, could you guys do it QUIETER. In the hand off of power, it'd be mighty appreciated if you'd go down in flames less obviously.

Toppled by your own bureaucracy. Nasty way to go.
edit on 2011/2/16 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Pretty much, yeah. This is basically yet another conservatives making a grab at turning America into an armed police state with borders closed from both directions.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Typically the baby gets thrown out with the bathwater.....
I feel it important to get this message across......
Canadians as a rule dont like American policy or attitudes.
We tend to be less braggarts, and more doers.
We tend to stick to our last, and let others do same.
As far as the Candians i know go...we simply do not wany americans here.(truthfully we find them arrogant, and overbearing.)
nor do we want to be associated with same goverment policy as you guys.
We have no wish to control the world, and we dont like the NAFTA example of doing business with those who reneg on their word as a people or as a country.The US hasd a past history of dirty fealings with foriegn leaders at the expense of their peoples.
It is true for your deals with Canada as well.We certainly dont need US law enfocement in this country.
Many look forward to the fall of the US hedgemony, and an end to corporate control of your goverment.
We are concerned for the ameican people, but not your way of government.
We dont want our troops killing for your corporate aristocracy.
Wed rather sell our resources on a free world market than send them south to support the arrogant policies of Amerika.
i do hope this is a little more decorous.

You might try alittle decorum yaself!

My American friends,

The preceding post does not reflect the majority of Canadians' opinions. The poster did bring up some valid points but to suggest that we don't want you is quite frankly, idiotic. Too many of my compatriots dis Americans without thought; it's a reflex.

My Canadian friends,

Please realize that the corrupt US government (USDA giving the nod to even more Monsanto evil) speaks for less than 20% of the populace. As much as we abhor many American policies, we need to do less carping and more doing. Let our neighbours know that their awakening to the tyranny is welcome here in Canada.

Jason
edit on 17-2-2011 by hthjason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
Well according to the US government, the Canadian is one of the new hot beds for drug and terrorist activity

Article

That changed this month after the U.S. Government Accountability Office released a report warning that the terrorist threat from Canada was higher than from Mexico because of the vast swaths of unprotected frontier. Just 32 miles of the 4,000-mile border have an acceptable level of Border Patrol security, with agents available to make on-site arrests, the report said.

I tend to agree with what this guy says below...

"There are more drugs on Wall Street than here," said Jonathan Maracle, 35, who owns a gift shop on the 12,000-member Akwesasne Mohawk reservation, straddling New York and Canada on both sides of the St. Lawrence River. "All they're trying to do is make us look bad up here because they can't control up here. The United States government is nothing but bullies."

ATS Thread

According to the US Government???

Sorry, It took me awhile to stop laughing. According to your government??? What are you doing on this site if you believe your government? Wow!

Jason
edit on 17-2-2011 by hthjason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

No one appointed you the guardian of Canadian wants and needs. Thanks for trying out.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hthjason

My Canadian friends,

Please realize that the corrupt US government (USDA giving the nod to even more Monsanto evil) speaks for less than 20% of the populace.

Maybe it is time that the 80% remainder of the American population take a lesson from what the ordinary folks are doing in Egypt. But they won't because unfortunately I don't really think you are right with your stats. 90% of the American population does not give a hoot what their government does abroad -- never did; never will. They have the government they do because they don't care for anything but their trinkets, toys and fast food. They don't even care to defend their rights anymore so long as they can still get the next gadget the tv tells them is important to their life.

As for us in Canada, we let Harper make this harmonizing of laws deal in secret. What are we going to do about it? Whine, or take action?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join