It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Calls For Total US Control of Canadian Border

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

I respectfully disagree. Far and away, most Canadians when speaking of our profound dissatisfaction with "America", are speaking of your government and institutions. The American people are great people and are ever more aware of the cloak of tyranny settling over your land. I have literally wept for my very good friends and relatives in the US. Corporate fascists and Government communists are destroying a great idea. I sincerely believe that there is an exodus that will happen soon from the USA.

The US Constitution, Declaration of Independance and the Bill of Rights are some of the greatest documents produced by humankind.

Run Ron Paul, Run!!

Jason

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hthjason

The title of your thread is wrong when the first part of your research says this ...

WASHINGTON - Every inch of the Canada-U.S. border and the American boundary with Mexico should be under "operational control" of American border officials, a U.S. lawmaker told a congressional hearing into border security on Tuesday.

Your implying one side of our border in the title .. When, in reality, even though the senator puts forth both borders, Us has no issues on the Northern side ..

edit on 16-2-2011 by VI0811 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811

Originally posted by Billmeister
Once again, the politicians and mainstream media are attempting to keep the American population crippled with fear... it appears to be working.

STOP BEING AFRAID!!!

Then again, there is a lot of money to be made with fear, and the economy needs a boost so, never mind...
BE AFRAID!!! BE AFRAID!!!

Sheesh, this kind of politco-phsycho babble is getting annoying.

the Billmeister

What are you talking about ? Your off topic ? What does that have to do with border security. Its not about terrorist pal. Use your head. I am not afraid, nor have I ever been. Who are you to judge me ? Who are you to judge my family and tell us how we feel. Get a life and grow up ...

I'm afraid that I am very much on topic.

This post was not directed to you or your family, but to a society which seems to let fear dictate its foreign and domestic policy to an increasingly disturbing level.

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

Amen Bill. You're right and I need to tone down my own rhetoric. I apologize for getting upset. I love the USA as I do my own country....we are kin. It just saddens me deeply to witness the assault on our liberty.

Man I tell ya, were the founding fathers of the Republic ever prescient. How'd they know?

Jason

edit on 16-2-2011 by hthjason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Once again, the politicians and mainstream media are attempting to keep the American population crippled with fear... it appears to be working.

STOP BEING AFRAID!!!

Then again, there is a lot of money to be made with fear, and the economy needs a boost so, never mind...

the Billmeister

What are you talking about ? Your off topic ? What does that have to do with border security. Its not about terrorist pal. Use your head. I am not afraid, nor have I ever been. Who are you to judge me ? Who are you to judge my family and tell us how we feel. Get a life and grow up ...

This post was not directed to you or your family, but to a society which seems to let fear dictate its foreign and domestic policy to an increasingly disturbing level.

the Billmeister

Fear, I am sorry, I am just not seeing it anywhere in the area where I live ? Making money off fear ? How ? What is if that I am running out and buying to feel safe ? The whole issue of borders, in which their is none on the Northern side, is illegals coming here and mooching off of us. I've been in favor of a stricter southern border long before any terrorist threat.

As far a Canada, I been their quite bit. Your media and populace are not much different at all.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

Thanks for the lesson in hijacking someone else's thread for your own enjoyment.
Since you seem to be into taking everyone's reply personally, maybe you should check you own insecurity and sense of self-importance. Just my 2 cents. Sorry for the "off topic" poster.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

I'm not sure of your attention to the matter of our mutual border security but far too often some American legislator comments about the porous northern border and the need to implement stricter controls . Which is ironic because it's the southern border that seems to be deliberately gored.

Jason

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

STOP BEING AFRAID!!!

the Billmeister

the Billmeister

Fear, I am sorry, I am just not seeing it anywhere in the area where I live ? Making money off fear ? How ? What is if that I am running out and buying to feel safe ? The whole issue of borders, in which their is none on the Northern side, is illegals coming here and mooching off of us. I've been in favor of a stricter southern border long before any terrorist threat.

As far a Canada, I been their quite bit. Your media and populace are not much different at all.

Actually I get better American news from Canadian MSM than from the US MSM. However, neither competes well with INFOWARS.COM or the Drudge Report or Informationliberation.com

I personally do not have problems crossing the border but I know of many illegitimate issues taken up on both sides by Customs goons.

As far as you not noticing fear in your community; I find that heartening. Good for you guys to n ot succomb to DHS and TSA's fearmongering.

Peace and Love brother. Live long and prosper.

Jason
edit on 16-2-2011 by hthjason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Is this Congressman unaware of how boarder patrol/customs work?(at least along the Canada/US boarder...). On your side you do have complete control of your boarder, and control of who gets in(umm *cough* thats what customs are for you stupid American *cough* Congressman). This whole article is a waste of time because all it is, is American Propaganda. When has Canada(the country that is supplying the US with water/electricity/gas/oil) ever posed a threat to the US in it's security measures(besides the 9/11 lies that were dis proven). I think this idiot needs to wake up and realize this is not a time to be Pig Headed, and trying to interfere with the country that could completely destroy whats left of continental USA by simply cutting off it's life line(and selling it to China).

But you know what, go ahead US Congressmen, pass some more bills and spend even more billions that you don't have on sending your army to drive back and forth across the 49th Parallel. Idiots....

***ADD***

"In the days since the GAO report was released, the term "operational control" has become a border security catchphrase on Capitol Hill, particularly given its assertions that Islamic terrorists were more likely to enter the U.S. through Canada than via Mexico."

Yes.... let's enter the US through a country that has been fighting in the middle east for the past decade, because they surely would have no idea whatsoever to look for in in identifying Islamic terrorists. Forget about that southern boarder that the people of Mexico have proven they can infiltrate the US by the thousands each year undetected. .....
edit on 16-2-2011 by loagun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think this article proves that, while once Canada was the little sibling nation that followed behind the US, the US really has gone off it's deepened. Canada is all grown up now and becoming a major player in the World, and the US has becoming the little retarded brother...

I love how the Congressman mentions they spent $3 billion annually on the boarder like it's some 'Huge' number, and yet the US Gov spent $1.449 trillion on it's over sea's military defense budget in 2010. Oooo 3 billion....

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
reply to post by VI0811

Thanks for the lesson in hijacking someone else's thread for your own enjoyment.
Since you seem to be into taking everyone's reply personally, maybe you should check you own insecurity and sense of self-importance. Just my 2 cents. Sorry for the "off topic" poster.

ganjoa

Grow up. I made a valid point only to, once again, have people start pointing fingers at America as a whole. Border security was an issue before terrorists were running ramp-id. When you say, you Americans, that includes me as well. I will not remain silent at accusations that I am a certain way because governments cannot play well together.

As far s border security, Once again, I believe their are no issues on the Northern side. But, the southern side is in definite need of attention.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hthjason

I disagree.. I think we should annex Mexico fully into the US and form several new states. Mexico is a very wealthy country ruled by morons. We should run the region by martial law while we establish the new state government constitutions and tame the country. Mexicans will get us citizenship and everyone is happy.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Realistically, the US has no way of totally protecting any border. A terrorist only has to get lucky once. I always find it funny that people scream about the Southern Border when it comes to Terrorist but have no concerns of the possibility that one or some may come across the Northern Border. Many also seem to have no problem with the fact that prior terrorist have entered the US legally yetI never hear them chanting that we should quit giving out visas.

The fact is that many are concerned about the Southern Border because of illegals and drug wars-not terrorism. If this is the real concern, then wouldn't it be easier to solve the problem by maybe doing the following

1) mandate all employers use the governments E-Verify.
2) Make the SS card counterfeit proof. Amazing how they can do it with our money and driver licenses.
3) Come up with a new plan for the war on drugs. America must address its dependecy problem that is making the cartels rich.
4) Restructure the visa process making it more difficult for anyone to overstay their visa.

These are just some solutions that IMO would be cheaper than building walls to keep illegals out.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

That's a possibility worth looking into. But, it would definitely have to have an epic makeover. And, if the Mexican people don't want it. Then we shouldn't peruse. I think it would be better if the Mexicans would organize and straighten out their own country. Then we can take the fences down.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Realistically, the US has no way of totally protecting any border. A terrorist only has to get lucky once. I always find it funny that people scream about the Southern Border when it comes to Terrorist but have no concerns of the possibility that one or some may come across the Northern Border. Many also seem to have no problem with the fact that prior terrorist have entered the US legally yetI never hear them chanting that we should quit giving out visas.

The fact is that many are concerned about the Southern Border because of illegals and drug wars-not terrorism. If this is the real concern, then wouldn't it be easier to solve the problem by maybe doing the following

2) Make the SS card counterfeit proof. Amazing how they can do it with our money and driver licenses.
3) Come up with a new plan for the war on drugs. America must address its dependecy problem that is making the cartels rich.
4) Restructure the visa process making it more difficult for anyone to overstay their visa.

These are just some solutions that IMO would be cheaper than building walls to keep illegals out.

Wow... trying to tackle the root causes of a problem... what an interesting concept!

I tried to bring up the same subject matter here

The main obstacle, as is often the case, is that there is little or no money to be made with actual solutions. Constant problems on the other hand are massively profitable.

Star and flag for you my friend (for whatever these virtual trinkets are worth)... if only the politicians would consider such "radical" ideas.

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

That would be a good start. I agree with you. Should also simplify becoming a US citizen without any free rides or handouts. It should be a hassle. We all have friends who are here, working, and doing their thing, that have been waiting years to get citizenship. The solutions are simple and realistic, we just need a leader that will stand up and implement them.

As far as drugs and the border. I am not sure of the answer. People have been doing drugs since the beginning of humanity ( all over the planet -- not just the US ) and will be doing so at the end. You can't control it and will never be able to ban it. Maybe ( not sure though ) make all drugs legal in certain areas to keep and eye on things, and have employers step up on drug testing. If you want a good job, your can't be a coke/crank addict .... I just don't know on that one.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Reply to post by hthjason

You guys are a hoot.

Have to take a stab at Bush, even in such mundane topics as this.

*sigh*

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

Are you a few bricks short of a full load?
What is the Patriot act if not a fear driven piece of paranoia used to restrict and abolish even the constitutional rights of americans?
The fact the the Oklahoma and 9/11 bombings were perpetrated by powers with your own goverment....and used to initiate a police state and world changing ,military adventures in conquest says it all.
As a Canadian i want no part of this merger.
Thats why the goverment has done it secretly!
if they had a referendum theyd get their asses handed to them!
This has been ongoing for decades.....this merger will not be stopped without bloodshed.
Why would we wish to give our sovreignty to a country that has regualrly raped and pilaged every country it has allied or done business with?
We dont agree with your prison policies ior your sentencing.
Your very prison system is one giant corporate scam!
The people imprisoned perpetually for profit!
Time to dig up the stash and do something rash methinks.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by hthjason

You guys are a hoot.

Have to take a stab at Bush, even in such mundane topics as this.

*sigh*

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Easy target....*sigh*

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
reply to post by VI0811

Are you a few bricks short of a full load?
What is the Patriot act if not a fear driven piece of paranoia used to restrict and abolish even the constitutional rights of americans?
The fact the the Oklahoma and 9/11 bombings were perpetrated by powers with your own goverment....and used to initiate a police state and world changing ,military adventures in conquest says it all.
As a Canadian i want no part of this merger.
Thats why the goverment has done it secretly!
if they had a referendum theyd get their asses handed to them!
This has been ongoing for decades.....this merger will not be stopped without bloodshed.
Why would we wish to give our sovreignty to a country that has regualrly raped and pilaged every country it has allied or done business with?
We dont agree with your prison policies ior your sentencing.
Your very prison system is one giant corporate scam!
The people imprisoned perpetually for profit!
Time to dig up the stash and do something rash methinks.

Their ya go again, "you Americans" Always implying that everyone in America is exactly the same. Its a good thing I have many relatives and friends in Canada, or I might fall victim to your hate and imply the same. Get a life buddy. Stay in Canada. You people wouldn't even exist if it wants for America. Your economy wouldn't exist, your very way of life would not exist if not for the U.S. you so dog on constantly. What does any of your rhetorical nonsense have to do with the borders. I try to debate and find a solution, instead, we get people like you implying that everyone is the same within a given territory. I'll say no more as I have gone off topic ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join