It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Calls For Total US Control of Canadian Border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

"WASHINGTON - Every inch of the Canada-U.S. border and the American boundary with Mexico should be under "operational control" of American border officials, a U.S. lawmaker told a congressional hearing into border security on Tuesday.

"The acceptable level for the American citizen is total control of our southern border, our northern border, our natural ports of entry," said Republican Jeff Duncan, a South Carolina lawmaker and a member of the House of Representatives subcommittee on border and maritime security.

Such control would allow Americans to protect "this beacon of freedom," Duncan said, "where we determine who comes into this country, how many folks come here through legal means annually, what they come for, whether they're seeking citizenship."

www.winnipegfreepress.com...

Perhaps what Mr. Duncan dosesn't realize is that there are many on both sides of the US/Canada border that worry about Americans and there cadres of terrorist cells "flooding" Canadian soil after TSHTF in the US. Mr Duncan seems blithely unaware that his "beacon of freedom" is rapidly becoming a liberty-hating police state. There are vast numbers worldwide that laugh at America's asserion that they are the world's greatest democracy.

Mr Duncan, are you oblivious to what has happened to your once great country since , and if not earlier, the election fiasco of 2000? OK how about 2004? At least Canadian cabinet menbers are elected!

Jason

edit on 16-2-2011 by hthjason because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2011 by hthjason because: Clarity

edit on 16/2/11 by masqua because: Added 'ex' tags, a link and trimmed large c/p

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hthjason

Maybe Mr Duncan can have the US Army initiate the Northcom protocol and send the tanks over the Sarnia/Port Huron's Blue Water Bridge and save the CB people the trouble.

Duncan=Stasi=Berlin Wall....yay!!

edit on 16-2-2011 by hthjason because: Fat friggin fingers

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I am not familiar with Congressman Duncan or his policies but I completely agree that the US needs to patrol it's borders. It only goes to reason if the US locks down the Mexican border people will start coming over the northern border so you might as well get control of both of them. There is nothing "wrong" or "unjust" about a country controlling it's OWN borders.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi[/i

Have you ever crossed the northern border? What do you think goes on here now? It's no walk in the park trying to enter the US from Canada. And I reiterate: When TSHTF itll be the Canadians wanting "total control" over the flood of American refugees.

Jason

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

you said it brother!

stop that crap, you think you can swim into russia?

cross into china?

hang out in japan?

you can't even sneak into iran if you were a terrorist!

overstay your visa in gaza, lol.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
canada is not in the middle of a narco-insurgancy.

this seems foolish.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I am not familiar with Congressman Duncan or his policies but I completely agree that the US needs to patrol it's borders. It only goes to reason if the US locks down the Mexican border people will start coming over the northern border so you might as well get control of both of them. There is nothing "wrong" or "unjust" about a country controlling it's OWN borders.

Once upon a time not so long ago, we were friends - Canadians and Americans. Since you have lost your collective minds and become totally paranoid of the the non-existent boogieman terrorists, it is becoming ever so difficult to maintain that friendship.

I feel sorry for you, but the current ridiculous, idiotic course you are on is all of your own doing. Putting up a wall, absurd as that notion is, would probably do more to protect us from you than the other way around.

ps. Canadian here in case you hadn't figured that out.

edit on 2/16/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hm...me thinks its not to keep People OUT ,but to keep People IN ...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

There's fantastic co-operation between our countries now; mutual control. You know like good neighbours with a nice fence. Both property owners respect the fence and realize ezch has a say. What happens when one neighbour says: I want control of your part of the fence, too?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Berlin Wall. Liberty seeking Germans died trying to get out of that hellhole. (No, I'm not calling your country a hellhole.....yet)

Jason

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Once again, the politicians and mainstream media are attempting to keep the American population crippled with fear... it appears to be working.

STOP BEING AFRAID!!!

Then again, there is a lot of money to be made with fear, and the economy needs a boost so, never mind...
BE AFRAID!!! BE AFRAID!!!

Sheesh, this kind of politco-phsycho babble is getting annoying.

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
so what the/are you saying?

look, you let them pass and we reserve the right to let them in.

do i have a border protocol malfrikin function?

why should we trust you and visa versa?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hthjason

I'm forced to agree. I am sick of people coming over illegally and sick of dealing with them. They take absolutely no respect in anyone or anything. In my business, I have had run ins with Illegals for years. They have no rights and no right to violate our country. If they made as much of an effort to straighten out their own country as they do trying to come to ours, their would be no borders. It to bad they can't band together and stand up and demand that their government finally reign a new season of change. Instead, they run away. Pathetic to say the least.

As far as the Canadian side. I go their all the time and really see no issues on that side.

I also think that becoming a citizen should be simplified. Speaking English, pledging your allegiance, and passing a basic IQ test. Then give them an SSN, and they can become citizens right away if they follow these three simple things. No free rides, no special favors, no history month, and no extra title but the title of American.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by hthjason
reply to post by jjkenobi[/i

Have you ever crossed the northern border? What do you think goes on here now? It's no walk in the park trying to enter the US from Canada. And I reiterate: When TSHTF itll be the Canadians wanting "total control" over the flood of American refugees.

Jason

American refuges ?? What ? I have relatives in Canada, and frequent there all the time. I see no, and have no issues with entry into Canada or getting back to the US.

To me your response makes no sense ...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Why would people come across the Northern border? Have you ever been to Canada ? I don;t see that happening.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

Once upon a time not so long ago, we were friends - Canadians and Americans. Since you have lost your collective minds and become totally paranoid of the the non-existent boogieman terrorists, it is becoming ever so difficult to maintain that friendship.

I feel sorry for you, but the current ridiculous, idiotic course you are on is all of your own doing. Putting up a wall, absurd as that notion is, would probably do more to protect us from you than the other way around.

ps. Canadian here in case you hadn't figured that out.

edit on 2/16/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

Gee, I am so happy that you and your ego are ever so perfect. That you can cut me down without even knowing me. ( Don't forget, when you say America, your talking about all of us ) You judge over media attention without thought. Your not a Canadian, I have many friends from there and many relatives that reside their, and I frequent there, as they frequent here. You sound more like the very kind person that countries are trying to keep out than being proud of your place and who you are ....

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister
Once again, the politicians and mainstream media are attempting to keep the American population crippled with fear... it appears to be working.

STOP BEING AFRAID!!!

Then again, there is a lot of money to be made with fear, and the economy needs a boost so, never mind...
BE AFRAID!!! BE AFRAID!!!

Sheesh, this kind of politco-phsycho babble is getting annoying.

the Billmeister

What are you talking about ? Your off topic ? What does that have to do with border security. Its not about terrorist pal. Use your head. I am not afraid, nor have I ever been. Who are you to judge me ? Who are you to judge my family and tell us how we feel. Get a life and grow up ...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Well....you trusted us enough to follow us into 2 World Wars after we had been fighting for a couple of years.

Before the "false flag" attack of 9/11/2001 there was trust,amity and respect at our border. Since then, jack-booted thugs on both sides of the border have made life and commerce difficult along what was once considered the envy of the world: The world's longest unprotected border. (Please don't gimme any crap about terrorists entering the US from Canada on 9/11....they were already in the States training with the FBI and CIA)

BTW it is Canada, not China,Britain,Japan,Korea or Mexico that is America's largest, in terms of dollar value and volume, trading partner. Making the border ever more difficult to traverse hurts the USA, too.

Jason

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Found this today.....

thewarningsigns.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811

Why would people come across the Northern border? Have you ever been to Canada ? I don;t see that happening.

I believe, and I may be wrong here, that the reference is to potential illegal Latino-muslim terrorizers choosing to invade the U.S. from all possible fronts. Not the real Canadians who look and talk just like Americans with an added "eh" and that annoying "zed" instead of "zee".

A real solution would involve looking into those who hire employees without the proper paper-work, the rational behind the drug war and the effects of "free trade" (among other social factors), but that would be too easy.

It is much more profitable to the national security industry to build laser-shooting, electrified walls, patrolled by robot-soldiers.

the Billmeister

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join