It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Car reportedly developed by Indian inventor A.K. Vishwanath.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Heres the link:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Maruti 800, which is the first ever small car in India is just a simple, rattley looking old car but has been tested in wind tunnels according to the daily mail. (I know, its the daily mail so it's probably bollux.)

This is a serious invention however and the inventor is waiting for the go ahead to begin test flights. I know we have had flying car threads before but I thought this was incredible. The best part is, it's been designed to take off vertically. If this car works it will be amazing. I will keep anybody who is intersted updated with any further news.

Related links:
www.indiancarsbikes.in...

www.ciol.com...

Some aren't sure the technology will work but it would be awesome if it did: www.crazyengineers.com...

This great, would be interesting to hear what you all think

edit on 16/2/2011 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Just wondering about its energy efficiency. Doesn't seem the most streamlined car.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
With the looming oil crunch in the next few decades the cost of fuel for this car will make it nothing more than a toy for the wealthy....and privledged.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Would you guys really like to see the A-holes that drives insane weaving in and out of traffic, or the guy running from the cops smashing into others, or the local business man that has too many at the bar, hop into their flying cars and crash into say a school or your house at night as you and your children sleep at night? In my opinion flying cars should never be considered an option for the future. It has bad written all over it in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by CaptGizmo

The same was said about conventional cars and airplanes.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I don't think there is any risk of this going into mass production and to be honest I'm pretty glad of that also. I thought this would be an interesting thread because this has been made by just a, 'normal guy' and he has changed a, 'normal car' into a flying machine. It just goes to show what we are capable of without a mass group of scientists and unlimited amounts of funding.

top topics

join