It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 Mentally ill and pregnant. What to do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

here is my story when i was a young woman.......

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sk8erchick

Most of them are mental due to drug abuse. I agree with what your saying but mental or not....People need to start getting children when they are capable of ensuring them good lives. Go to Africa....80% of the families have over four children with a paycheck of $50 a month. They get plenty of children hoping one will get rich and get them out of the slum. The boys go into child labor or beg on the streets and the girls have no choice but turn to prostitution when they hit puberty. What kind of a life is that? It's one thing for some members on this site to sit back in the great U.S.A and post ridiculous comments, It's another story altogether for the few of us that have lived in 3rd world countries. It's something people need to experience for themselves.

reply to post by alysha.angel

50% higher than mine and you will be in for a treat....pun intended. This idiot (Me) is a responsible adult who will not bring children into this world until I'm ready to fully commit myself to their upbringing.

Now i understand some people on ATS got their kids young and raised them well, I respect that.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I read your history and cudos to you for your honesty and courage. I love these stories and I think many of them should be compiled in to a published book. I know some endings are not what we want to hear but a majority always turn out good in the end....and so do our children.

Some of the most brillant and successful people in this world today come from single parent homes; for the most part these kids do have a well balanced happy life. It's a shame society only wants to hear the bad stories but good news stories always put a smile on my face with the occasional tear or two.

Society is harsh, uncompassionate and judgemental...however mark my words many of their lives are not a pretty picture when you start scratching below the surface; they too have skeletons in their closet.

I don't know if you have any contact with your older two children, if not, it will happen and a new page will begin. In the mean time, you take good care of yourself and your babies. One day at a time, each day is another step forward for you. You are blessed.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Most mental illnesses are not caused by illegal substances. In fact, society in general don't even know the difference between a biological disorders, brain damage and mental illnesses.

The saddest part is many parents don't cope or don't want to cope with a child thats "different" from mainstream kids and all too often just dump them in to the system or out on the streets.

Let me tell you something else...of the kids, once they become adults, are dumped in to shelters or disability homes, you have no friggin idea what goes on inside of many of them and what some of those carers get up to....whats worse, the pharma corporations use them as human guinea pigs too.

I'm quite well aware of what goes on in India, China and Africa. What most people don't realise is thats not part of their culture....there's a good video on Youtube in regards to Santa's workshops in China. Kids as young as 9 working from 6am until 10pm sometimes even longer. Whose fault is that? Ours...the Western people.
edit on 17-2-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Doesn't the UK have the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe?

You should point them to Jesus Christ and a conservative church environment. Godlessness is what is destroying Europe.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

I read your history and cudos to you for your honesty and courage. I love these stories and I think many of them should be compiled in to a published book. I know some endings are not what we want to hear but a majority always turn out good in the end....and so do our children.

Some of the most brillant and successful people in this world today come from single parent homes; for the most part these kids do have a well balanced happy life. It's a shame society only wants to hear the bad stories but good news stories always put a smile on my face with the occasional tear or two.

Society is harsh, uncompassionate and judgemental...however mark my words many of their lives are not a pretty picture when you start scratching below the surface; they too have skeletons in their closet.

I don't know if you have any contact with your older two children, if not, it will happen and a new page will begin. In the mean time, you take good care of yourself and your babies. One day at a time, each day is another step forward for you. You are blessed.

my babies are 13 year old twins to whom I RAISED MY SELF and they turned out to be awesome gentle loving girls to whome think im the best mom in the world dispite the fact that the local cps took them from me as well but its only been 18 months since the twins were stolen from me ...

i not a drug user nor am i a boozer .. their reason was b ecause one twin has adhd and that was at first acording to them my fault for how i was raising her .. the whole case was BS ...
but im not done fighting for any of my girls .. my oldest from what i can gather was told a lot of lies about me over the years and for the other i get daily updates about her from my sister so the middle girl has two mothers instead of one ... lucky girl if you ask me ...
edit on 17/2/11 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

You know, we are all put to the test at some point in our lives...how we adapt and act out whilst in the midest of our darkest hour decides our fate. Some are not going to make it, some will but I know it's a test of our strength and most of us will look back as a reminder of where never to go again.

If there was more community spirit out there, no one should be left behind. We all need help at some point; even the 2 parent families when disaster hits.

I always say, you never learn to appreciate anything until you have lost everything. Women usually seems to adapt best when she's on her own than our male counterparts.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

ADHD is a biological disorder so I know where you're coming from. It was not that long ago society used to blame the parent; such ignorance but again, society still at large do not accept those who are "different".

You may have a hypo child but let me tell you the "AD" part is not the right description of these kids. When they find their niche, they are very creative and remarkably clever and very intelligent children.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

However if the babies stay with their mother's, what type of life can they expect, will the mother's be able to cope with the fulltime job that is raising a baby?

My mother was in a psychiatric hospital and and a heroin addict when she became pregnant with me. She did ok, raising me. Eventually she married my step father with whom she had three more children. She beat her addiction and with treatment kept her mental illness under control. Today she is a doting Grandmother to 6 grandchildren.

Just because someone is mentally ill, or an addict does not mean they cannot be a good parent. People change, and with support from their community they too can be good parents.

It's unfair to just write these people off.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Merigold because: Added a sentence

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

believe me when i say im the person who is aware of that fact of how smart my essy really is then most ... my brothers included

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think you should either go back to living in your "sheltered world" and try going through life with your eyes shut, rather than chance being shocked by something else. I think that rather than stir up a whole pile of crap for these young women and their yet to be born babies, you should just mind your own business and let their families handle it. Just because a woman is mentally challenged, it doesn't mean she would be a poor mother. So before you go off with your knickers in a knot and possibly be the cause of a mother and child being torn apart, go to some place where you could expect to see a few mothers with children (parks, malls, etc), listen to conversations between mothers and see if they all sound like geniuses. I've probably just given you a poor example, but I'm not a psychiatrist. There are too many "do-gooders", many never having had children of their own, that have made what can be a difficult job at times, even harder, now that the strap and the swat have been made illegal.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join