It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal in T-Mobile Commercial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Wasn't really paying attention to this commercial but as I caught a glimpse of the end I had to take a second look on YouTube...

Look at the DJ booth and listen to what the guy says

Maybe it means nothing but it's definitely interesting!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Quite interesting! Most absolutely delighted that you have an eye for that. Thank you for sharing. Eye actually believe Subliminals in Commercials should be a forum category here.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
May I ask what you are hearing? I can't seem to catch it :-P

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
interesting, but i don't think there's anything particularly subliminal. the duo in the background is a DJ collective called nasa: www.playlive.fm... (notice the logos)

like i said, interesting, but seems benign imo.

sorry, didn't mean to seem like i was promoting them, but no other page had a visible logo of theirs, so that was the only option that seemed available.
edit on 16-2-2011 by WilliamRikeronaSegway because: apology

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
You mean the "It's the final countdown..." part??

If that's what you mean, I see what your saying.

It could be a coincidence though, and even if it wasn't a coincidence, that doesn't mean that those who believe it are correct in their assumption.

But individually, every human dies eventually.

We will have different ideas depending on which aspect or perspective we choose to examine.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
woowwww thats straight up blatantly obvious, he even looks back at the guys in the dj booth....what could it be signifying though? Any ideas? Could it possibly mean disclosure could be occuring soon? What else could it be?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
When you really start looking for stuff you can pretty much find all kinds of things in 9/10 commercials

If people really wanted to examine it and make all kinds of threads on it, you could easily justify it gaining it's own forum just to sort manage it.

From the oddities of car commercials, to the outright dirty tactics of the pharmaceutical companies...

Just think of how they target children during cartoon hours and use all kinds of subliminal approaches like showing the kids SUPER HAPPY all the time with that product. Yeah. Everyone accepts it as a fact of life, yet people fall for it and it's borderline scam tactics.

And think about how they sell those new "medicines" , every commercial shows the "target audience" in these super romanticized and happy lives, THANKS to this new PILL.

And then super fast at the end they list all these bizarre side effects and warnings for people with various conditions. Geez.

Subliminal might not be a good word for it.
More like outright attempts at "programming" false information or double think.

It just gets so repetitive and cheezy and absurd that you would think no one would fall for it.
But they obviously do make good sales off tactics like this. Otherwise they wouldn't do it.

What happened to the days when people cried "false advertisement" and stopped buying products from said company to show them the lesson of free market economics?

Instead, there has been a system developing where people have "insurance" provided by corporate or govt entities and will just run and grab the newest medicine if it's covered.

Of course the telecom corporations want to get govt legislation passed to appropriate funding to providing welfare people with free cell phones ( it's true apparently). Of course the pharma corps want to get healthcare bills passed that pay for all kinds of pointless or dangerous procedures on people who may not actually need them.

Doesn't a conflict of interest exist here? On one hand you can get away with running highly suggestive commercials, while at the same time getting taxpayer money to make sells off of said suggestions.

Remember that Bill Hicks joke on Marketing? If you don't know about it, viewer discretion advised.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by taters2468
woowwww thats straight up blatantly obvious, he even looks back at the guys in the dj booth....what could it be signifying though? Any ideas? Could it possibly mean disclosure could be occuring soon? What else could it be?

It could mean anything.

It's just suggestive and feeds into the consumerist tendency.

Better get it now.
"It's the final countdown!"
edit on 16-2-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
No conspiracy here, or subliminal messaging. As stated above the duo is a legitimate duo.
As far as the song choice, I think its a reference to the countdown for every rocket launch. Whenever I think of countdowns I immedistely think of a NASA style tminus 5 4 3 2 1 liftoff...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Misread post. /delete
edit on 2/16/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

Never mind I was right, I posted the same video as the guy below..
edit on 2/16/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
With all due respect to y'all here...

What am I missing? Two DJs and an 80's song. OK...??????????????? It seems you all see something really special in this but are reluctant to state what exactly it is you all think is so special in this ad. Please someone help me out here.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Interesting spot.

i don't think most people would spot the name nasa on first view.

They have worked with big people including kayne west. Probably just clever marketing.

They have some very interesting videos which makes me wonder if they visit sites like this.

Check out the videos. www.playlive.fm...

BTW this proves the advertising works.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I think it's different in the UK then because our regulations have it so that fast food chains can't advertise during children's programmes any more due to the child obesity thing, in fact we've had regulations for decades with subliminal messages banned from all tv and media in Britain for that time.

We're only just getting product placement in tv shows now with a logo released to get people used to what will flash for a few seconds before and after a show featuring product placement as well as during that show's ad breaks because that was banned for a very long time over here.

As far as the ad in question, I can't comment as I can't watch videos right now but I'd hazard a guess that like other ads discussed on ATS recently, it's just a lot of fuss over nothing.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
It means T-Mob''s going to obliterate AT&T with its 4G offering. Nothing subliminal about that.

top topics

join