It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Egypt become a Meritocracy??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Now that Egypt has rid itself of much of the corrupt element that have held them back for years, is it possible that people that actually deserve important positions will get them??

Meritocracy is clearly the political ideal that all others mutate from, more or less. Why don't they attempt to emulate it in its purest form, now that they have the oppertunity??

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SunTzu22

Judging by the tweets of the Egyptians I've been following. Their old government is pretty much still in place minus that one guy. They seem to be getting more angry as the days go by. There are lots of strikes still going on and there is a big march on friday.

They are still trying to go for what you are saying but it seems like its a hard fight.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yeah this govt looks alot like the same beast with a diff. face I just hope the egyptian people havent been duped by there precious army.Wich from the looks of things was the driving force under the Muby regime to begin with.They say 6 months before elections or a new govt, thats a long time from now we'll just have to see what happens I think this story is far from over.

new topics

join