It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large "fireball" Seen Over East Coast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I saw the biggest shooting star of my life this evening; at least that's what I called it. I looked out my deck patio sliding glass door as I was going to turn off the outside light and there it went across the sky big and brilliant. I was so excited I yelled for my son to come see but it was over in a flash. I suppose it was really a meteorite (I made a wish anyhow). I'm not on the East Coast, though. I didn't catch the exact time but it was probably around 7:30 pm? Very, very amazing. I've never seen one that big and close but it was gone so quick and I stood out on the deck hoping I'd see it again or another like it, I didn't. I'm about an hour and a half north of Minneapolis. Wonder if anyone else caught it?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FTD Brat

Wait, the MSM used the wrong term to identify something scientific? Jeez, that never happens!
^sarcasm^

Btw, I forgot to say "good post" earlier. So, good post! S&F

edit on 16-2-2011 by dalloway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalloway
Wait, the MSM used the wrong term to identify something scientific? Jeez, that never happens!

Get a load of this Fox report...

It was actually space debris breaking up but dang... these guys get PAID?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Right if it was a meteor or asteroid, it is an asteroid if it doesn't impact earth and only called a meteor if it does impact earth. Of couse the news probably wouldn't know the difference.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FTD Brat

According to reports from hisz.rsoe.hu... A meteor struck the UK yesterday near Tadcaster North Yorkshire. It was first reported as a plane crash. Although nothing was found as it hit a remote area.
I hate coincidences, especially when two such rare events happen on consecutive days. I wonder what is going on.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roystun I wonder what is going on.

Be prepared for Wernher von Braun's #3

"America will manufacture 4 enemies
1) Russia (bin there done that)
2) Terrorists (daily news)
3) Asteroids

4) False flag alien invasion

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join