It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm an agnostic with a question for the christians about your omniscient all knowing God.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Thesickness

Hey brother! I think you are focusing on the wrong thing. First, you have a valid question. God doesn't know what choice you are going to make, but he does know the heart and carnal nature of human beings. This is why you can read that God hardened Pharaoh's heart in the Book of Exodus before the Jews were allowed to leave Egypt. With that said, every person is the temple of God. When Jesus died on the cross, he was the unblemished/perfect sacrifice for all sins. Therefore, after that time, there was no need to have a "brick and mortar" temple because there was no need to have sacrifices at a physical temple. We are the temple of God. He is our God and dwells within us. God is in you right now! If you feel sorry for people under bad situations or suffering, that is God in you hurting for mankind. He is our God and we are his people. Anti-Christ is anyone who denies that Jesus Christ is the Messiah, Savior and Son of God. The fact that you have asked the question tells me that you want to believe, but you are trying to logically put the pieces together.

With that said, are you willing to gamble with eternity? Is it so bad to believe in God and Jesus Christ? What is the negative effect in your life if you believe? I can tell you that God does protect his children. Everyone has tribulations in their lives. No amount of worldly goods will prevent bad things from happening in your life. However, eternity is forever. Would you rather spend "forever" in pain or being truly loved? That is the basic question. I think that if you accept Jesus Christ into your heart and let him reveal his love for you then all the other questions will be answered.

I apologize if my answer is not what you are looking for, but this is my advie. I earnestly pray that you do accept Jesus Christ into your heart. By the way, when you do accept Him there will be rejoicing in heaven by all the angels! Put it this way, I am not willing to not take a chance on being seperated from the One who created me and is responsible for allowing me to experience the love of my wife and children. The Lord our God in Heaven is truly amazing and He deserves all my praise! Take care buddy and I hope you make the right choice.

www.castmycrown.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Marulo

I was joking about you guiding the child to harm. It was really, I suppose, just to emphasize possibilities that there are more ways to view volition and responsibility that "either/or".

The a difference between God's foreknowledge and our free will is one of perspective.

God may know our choices but He doesn't exacly tell us ahead of time.

Consider this analogy, if a time traveller knew what we were likely to do and did not tell us, would they be responsible for the consequences of our actions? If they were not, then neither is God.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You know its a very valid question you pose. I am a Christian, and I have wondered that myself. I've made many decisions in my life that were not honouring to God, and for a time I walked a seperate path from God. It took almost 8 years for me to get back on track in my life. Everyone has their rock bottom, for me it was getting pregnant, I was resentful of everyone, my unborn child at the time included. I now have a wonderful daughter and I wouldn't change any of it for the world. But in that time I was on a different path, I couldn't go to church most of the time with my family because I would feel the spirit of God on my heart, convicting me. I knew the road I was on wasn't what God had planned for me but I did it anyway. It wasn't until my daughter was about 4 that I really got right with God again. It was a long hard road, but I am now there, and its a work in progress everyday.
Now getting back to your question.

I questioned God, and I wondered that same question, and After reading a fiction novel called "The Shack" by William P. Young, which explained it the best for me. Basically he said that Adam and Eve started out "right with God" but he also gave them the freedom of choice. It's kind of like a relationship with your spouse or significant other, any love that is forced isn't love at all, but fear and manipulation. Well God doesn't want us to be manipulated by him or in Fear of him. He wants a loving relationship with us. So we have the right to choose him or not. He knows our hearts he also knows the future, but its kind of like those stories that we use to read as children with the different endings the ones where you make your own ending by going to different pages where it states. Anyway. Mack the character in the Novel was questioning God, and in it he asked God how could you let this bad thing happen, and God stated something like I don't let them happen, but I don't stop them either, if your walking beside your child and they trip and fall, you don't allow it to happen, it just does, you feel bad and your there to help them up when they fall but you don't allow it to happen. When Adam and Eve chose to sin, they gave the world the freedom of choice, and they introduced sin, if God was to stop every bad thing from happening to people then he would be taking away that freedom of choice, and taking away our rights. God doesn't like what happens but he is there for us when we fall and to pick us back up and carry us if and when we ask.
God it the same way with us. He wants us to have a relationship with him, he could force us, but if he does how is that a healthy relationship. He wants us to freely choose him. He guides us in the ways he wants us to go, but we still have the choice to follow or go the other way.
he laid on my heart for years to go back to him, and repent for what I was doing, it wasn't until I got pregnant and crashed that I started to see what I was doing was wrong, and I finally repented, and you know, my life has been fuller, richer and much happier since I stopped that behaviour, and started walking with God again.
Today I have a wonderful daughter, amazing friends who always stood by me no matter what, a great family and I have finally found the love of my life in a wonderful man and his amazing daughter.
God is amazing, and I'm sorry if I was rambling on in this, but the book although its a fiction, is a good read and although it may not change your mind on many things it will broaden your thinking.

God Bless you

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Thesickness

This is my two cents: Since I do not have complete understanding nor infinite knowledge, that is about all I can contribute to this subject, an understanding and knowledge that is finite. That which has been given to me, the revelation that has been entrusted unto me and all others whose responsibility it is in the appropriate handeling of the Word of God is a matter that must be handled by the wisdom of God and that in love.

To say that God knows all things before they happen. I believe this to be true to a certain extent. In the case of the first man, Adam however, and all mankind afterward as you have aluded too, that God has given mankind free will, God does know what the road looks like and where the road leads by the choice mankind makes on his journey. Mankind is free to choose what road and which exits we travel. God I believe does not know our choice until the choice is made. From His vantage point being omniscient however, when a choice is made, God knows the outcome of right or wrong choices, right or wrong according to His standard of rule. Our decisions are based on light and dark, truth or lie. Since God declares that He is the Author of life, then the stardard of living that trust's Him is a choice of which most pleases God because He KNOWS the outcome of that standard of living. Since God declares that He is the Author of life, then the standard of living that is contrary to His rule book, a life filled with doubt, worry and fear, God KNOWS as well the outcome of that standard of living. God is not a puppet master! God does not know which way we will choose on this journey. But, God does know the final destination down the roads of those living in Light or Darkness.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join