It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of Our Existence and Universe Unraveled

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm not going to tell you that your "vision" is BS. However, your post seems like you spent too much time planning all of this out. If the purpose of this was for entertainment, then awesome story. I don't think that is the case though. Good read though =]

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gtrfr3ak
I'm not going to tell you that your "vision" is BS. However, your post seems like you spent too much time planning all of this out. If the purpose of this was for entertainment, then awesome story. I don't think that is the case though. Good read though =]

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say it seems too planned out. The intended purpose of this story was not for entertainment, but due to the fact that I am not the type to try to convince somebody of something for which I can provide no physical proof, I stated that it can be taken for entertainment purposes (if nothing else). Anyone reading it may choose to believe or disbelieve. Did I have this experience? Absolutely. Did I make any of it up? No. Do I believe in it? Yes. Am I sure that my experience is a reflection or glimpse into the true form of our Universe and existence? I don't know. Not a day goes by that I don't think about it for at least a few minutes. It's a difficult thing to forget, and it's even harder not to come up with more questions that (up to this point) remain unanswered.

Whatever you think of it, I'm happy you were at least able to enjoy it.

edit on 25-4-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bridas

Thank you for sharing that! Yet another person I've never heard of, but should be reading about. It is absolutely amazing to find that some of these exact ideas have already been expressed by other people. That's not to say that I believed I was the only one who ever saw anything of the sort. It's that I was (and still am) shocked that there are so many striking similarities. Although each person's -visual- experience seems unique in one way or another, the ideas/feelings/thoughts are very alike. Very interesting. Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

could it then be possible that all things alive and "dead" (dirt, rocks, etc.) are 'conscious' to some degree?

I'm not sure if this has been answered yet, but the answer is a definite YES.
Everything it bound by consciousness including both atoms, the solar system and even cancer. Every cell in our body is self aware. I recently read that 50% of every level of being is consciousness.

I'll add more when I finish listening to this Link

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bridas

Yet you chose to experience the magnificence of here and now in its every detail and to experience your Divine Self as the here and now creator of that reality. There were only two ways - two fields of experience - in which you could do that. Time and Space. So magnificent was this thought that you literally exploded with delight! In that explosion of delight was created space between the parts of you and the time it took to move from one part of yourself to another. In this way you literally tore yourself apart to look at the pieces of you. You might say that you were so happy, you fell to pieces. You've been picking up the pieces ever since.

Wow, this is exactly where my mind was all weekend! I clearly felt that I was dividing amongst myself and that it was my choice built on positive expectations. I literally wanted to evolve by spreading out to experience more. My initial structure was from an old thought where I once said "I'm throwing all the pieces in the air and I'm going to be busy catching them for a while". I was young and felt traumatised by some little thing but in recollecting the thought I discovered that the same feeling is called bliss when you are happily opening up to new things. Your quote addresses this feeling and brings it to light. It is so uncanny to me because it reads like the script that underpinned my thinking. It's like I heard it before and I think I must have had a premonition about reading it!

Sorry for the disjointed thoughts and confusing imagery. This business of picking up the pieces is what mediation cures. It just is. You expand your senses and have the capacity to expand indefinitely but we stop and cling to our roots. It's enough just to live in the moment.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by squanderedSorry for the disjointed thoughts and confusing imagery. This business of picking up the pieces is what mediation cures. It just is. You expand your senses and have the capacity to expand indefinitely but we stop and cling to our roots. It's enough just to live in the moment.

I think I get what you're saying Squandered.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestionsIt told me it had left small clues in our world to help us remember where it came from and why.

2many, do you remember anymore about these small clues? I'm intrigued by such things.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I'm glad you found inspiration here.
That's what it's all about, finding new ideas to work with. I look forward to the stories you come up with. Be sure to share them when they are available.

One of the posters kindly sent me a link to this man: Mellen-Thomas Benedict

When I read his story I couldn't believe how similar some of his ideas during his experience were to mine. Our experiences don't match up 100%, but they come extremely close. His experience seems more full and more complete. Seems like he had a lot more time to realize where he was and how he got there. That can be attributed to the fact that I didn't suffer from cancer, and I didn't die to get where I was. I'll quote a few of things from his website; the things I feel had some striking similarity:

we were designed to self-correct like the rest of God’s universe.

As I rode this stream of consciousness through the center of the galaxy, the stream was expanding in awesome fractal waves of energy.

I was in the Eye of Creation. I felt as if I was touching the Face of God. It was not a religious feeling. Simply I was at one with Absolute Life and Consciousness. When I say that I could see or perceive forever, I mean that I could experience all of creation generating itself. It was without beginning and without end. That’s a mind expanding thought, isn’t it? Scientists perceive the Big Bang as a single event which created the Universe. I saw during my life after death experience that the Big Bang is only one of an infinite number of Big Bangs creating Universes endlessly and simultaneously. The only images that even come close in human terms would be those created by super computers using fractal geometry equations.

Modern science called this the Big Bang. I was in absolute, pure consciousness. I could see or perceive all the Big Bangs or Yugas creating and recreating themselves. Instantly I entered into them all simultaneously. I saw that each and every little piece of creation has the power to create. It is very difficult to try to explain this. I am still speechless about this.

The Void is the vacuum or nothingness between all physical manifestations. The SPACE between atoms and their components. Modern science has begun to study this space between everything.

The biblical “I am” really has a question mark after it. “I am—What am I?” So creation is God exploring God’s Self through every way imaginable, in an on¬going, infinite exploration through every one of us. I began to see during my near-death experience that everything that is, is the Self, literally, your Self, my Self. Everything is the great Self. That is why God knows even when a leaf falls. That is possible because wherever you are is the center of the universe. Wherever any atom is, that is the center of the universe. There is God in that, and God in the Void.

I was completely out of time and space as we know it. In this expanded state, I discovered that creation is about Absolute Pure Consciousness, or God, coming into the Experience of Life as we know it.

Light is living stuff. Everything is made of light, even stones. So everything is alive. Everything is made from the Light of God; everything is very intelligent.
The first part of this quote I experienced but wasn't thinking. In other words I saw this light (the way I illustrated it in the picture I posted), but I wasn't told that everything was made of light. I didn't ask, I wasn't given that answer specifically, I just saw that it was. Funny enough a few posts ago I asked people to give me an opinion on whether or not they thought that maybe even stones were conscious because they are created with/by the great consciousness, therefore should be conscious at some level no matter how minuscule. Seeing that this guy comes to a similar conclusion is interesting. I don't know that either one of us is right, but the fact that he comes out and says so is interesting to me.

I realized that we are part of a natural living system that recycles itself endlessly. I was never told that I had to come back. I just knew that I would.

Every human has a different life and set of questions to explore. Some of our questions are Universal, but each of us is exploring this thing we call Life in our own unique way. So is every other form of life, from mountains to every leaf on every tree.
And that is very important to the rest of us in this Universe. Because it all contributes to the Big Picture, the fullness of Life. We are literally God exploring God’s self in an infinite Dance of Life. Your uniqueness enhances all of Life.

I don't know how legitimate this man is. I haven't investigated into whether or not this man can be confirmed as having had terminal cancer and that he really was dead for over an hour. I haven't seen any doctors confirm his story, but I also haven't looked into it deep enough to find out. If anyone knows anything about whether this source is trustworthy, that information would be helpful to me (and maybe to other people as well). I want to believe that he didn't make this up. The fact that we had such an extraordinarily similar experience makes me want to trust him. The only thing that throws me off about him is that he is selling a book/s on this website. I feel a little bit of distrust anytime someone tries to make money off their story. Then again why not make a buck or two off the experience? There's a market for it, and plenty of people cash in on their true life adventures. In other words I just don't know what to think.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
2manyquestions,

I was wondering if you were able to talk at length with the universal consciousness about humanity's short and long-term future. I know that we co-create our experience, but were you able to get any insights about where we might be headed?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
I don't know how legitimate this man is.

I found some more links to Mellen-Thomas Benedict.
This one has an interview with George Noory from Coast to Coast: Interview

P.M.H. Atwater has the following to say about Mellen-Thomas Benedict: "I can attest that his case is genuine and his claims about the brain tumor and the conditions of his death are true. I have met his mother and step-father, been in his and their homes, and have followed his life since - his struggles and his accomplishments - as he sought to find a way to integrate his experience into his daily life while still honoring the mission he felt guided to fulfill."

Near Death Experience

And here are some more of his thoughts:

* We are all part of a Great Self-- the sum total of all of us and everything that has ever been. * Creation has just begun, and the future is so bright. We've already made it. * There is no plan, there never was. You were given the universe to do what you will. The only meaning to life is what you give it. * Some science fiction luminaries such as Jules Verne and Gene Roddenberry were more accurate in their visions of the future than any psychics or prophets. * In the not too distant future, we'll be able to replicate food, as well as water. We'll no longer need big farms. * In the next 400 years, we'll start "star-seeding" other planets. * 2012 is not the end of the world but a "cosmological signpost." We'll see more meteor showers and cosmic events around this time. * Reincarnation is more real and dynamic than people can imagine.

Coast to Coast

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bridas
2manyquestions,

I was wondering if you were able to talk at length with the universal consciousness about humanity's short and long-term future. I know that we co-create our experience, but were you able to get any insights about where we might be headed?

Thank you for posting that information on Mellen-Thomas Benedict. That makes me feel much better about his story.

Unfortunately I wasn't adequately prepared to talk with the universal consciousness. Since I was completely surprised to find myself in this place, I was sort of dumbfounded and in awe. It's not that I didn't spend a lot of time in the experience. I was there for quite a while, but just as I realized where I was and what I was looking at, I only had enough time to ask the questions I mentioned in my original post. When you're in the experience you are bombarded with so much information and stimulation. It's like being a kid in a candy store. You're so excited and amazed by all that you see/feel/hear, that you don't know what to hold onto first. You want it all, but you only have so much time and capacity to hold onto each thing. Maybe that's just me. Maybe someone else would have been able to use the opportunity to ask every possible question they've been dying to know.

Next time I'll be better prepared and I'll have a lot more questions to ask it. I created a thread here on ATS asking people to suggest some general questions. Although the thread didn't gain much ground, the posters who participated had some interesting things to add to my list. When I find myself in this experience again, I'll know just what to ask. I don't know whether I'll receive any "true" answers or what any of us would want to hear, but it's worth a try. We'll see how it goes. For those of you who are interested, I'll definitely let you know what happens when it does.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestionsFor those of you who are interested, I'll definitely let you know what happens when it does.

Count me as one who is extremely interested in your psychonautic adventures!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This is nice...

Infinity can only be called unity. There is no reference point to call it anything else.
..From the "law of one". Just letting you know where this trail has been leading me.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by squandered
This is nice...

Infinity can only be called unity. There is no reference point to call it anything else.
..From the "law of one". Just letting you know where this trail has been leading me.

Hmm... that's a good way to look at it, 'unity'. ............. makes me think of Einstein's unified field theory, but now I think I'm just babbling.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I don't think infinity can ever be quantified

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
OP - Thank you for posting this. You've really hit the nail on the head, IMO. It's incredible that you've had a number of people respond to you, saying they've experienced or felt something similar, and they think this is the true nature of reality. Well, I'm yet another who believes the same.

Not only does it make "logical sense" when you start to really wrap your mind around our true nature, and the nature of reality, but it "feels" right and resonates deep within my being.

I wish I could spend the rest of my life focused on this particular avenue. Consciousness. It is what connects us all, and what connects us to every other realm of reality (existance? being?)... It is crazy though, to try to communicate some of this stuff, as we do not have the words to describe the feelings we have as well as the things we've seen with our minds eye.

Just last night I was online talking to a friend about someone who died. A mutual friend of ours. I said "I know she can hear me when I talk to her, because I can feel her soul touch mine, and it makes me cry. Both tears of sorrow and of joy, because I miss her but the fact that I can feel her energy when I talk to her gives me a feeling that's so good, so positive, that we don't even have a word for it here."

Again OP, thanks for posting this. I think this is what I needed to see right now, if only to remind me that there are many other people who have come to the same/similar realizations that I have, and the feeling that brings me is overwhelmingly positive.

With love to all, CWilson.

In Lak'ech

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cwilson

I'm very sorry for your loss, but I'm glad that you have found a way to deal with the untimely parting. A few years ago my family suddenly lost someone very close to us, someone we truly loved for the wonderful human being that he was. A couple of us had experiences in which his energy and presence was felt both in dreams and in waking life. He seemed very concerned for our well-being and the sadness we felt in losing him. Maybe it was wishful thinking, but certain events seemed beyond "coincidence". I'm sure you know what I mean.

I am both surprised and happy to find out that others have also experienced or glimpsed this (possible) reality. Thank you for sharing your story.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Your explanation of existence (or the Universe if you prefer) makes me think of Marko Rodin's work, and it seems to tie in with some of Nassim Haramein's work as well.

Now we're talking mathematics, but mathematics that rock!

edit on 31-7-2011 by Heliocentric because: Covered with the flowers, Instantly I'd like to die In this dream of ours!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
ty for sharing. I don't know how many will understand or accept what you have explained but for me it was just confirmation of things that I have come to know in recent years. I can't explain how or why I knew them.. it was like I woke up one day and just understood. Do you know what I mean? anyway this is the universe as I understand it as well. hopefully others will get it to.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

My pleasure, and I'm glad you are able to appreciate and understand it. Sometimes a realization comes over us. Whether it's true or not I can't say, but it does carry that "knowing" feeling with it. Maybe it's our own personal truth, something to make life a little easier to deal with.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join