It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of Our Existence and Universe Unraveled

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I don't feel like i know anything more about existence or the universe. Thanks for the read anyway.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JollyRogers108

I'm honored that this thread enticed you to join the discussion. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, your story, and your beliefs. They are definitely highly appreciated, and I couldn't agree more with many of the things you mentioned in it.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
I don't feel like i know anything more about existence or the universe. Thanks for the read anyway.

That's O.K. That's what it's all about, discovering truths for ourselves.
I don't think anyone is here to convince anyone else that any of this is pure, 100% fact-based truth. I don't know, and I'm not sure anyone else knows either. We can only guess and believe whatever makes life a little easier to bare. Some feel it makes sense, and some will look elsewhere. There's nothing wrong with that.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

I agree. Again, thanks for the read. Objective truths are out there waiting to be discovered.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I believe there are entities, lets call them the engineers, or maintenance. They are part of a greater community of 'things' all with different purposes. I also think its possible that you or I as an individual can in fact 'become' one of these 'things' OR continue to be reprocessed by the 'calculator' until the engineers decide it has finished its 'time' and build something different. There are lots of variations to your theory floating around...it will be interesting to see what awaits us when we get there. Thanks for sharing.

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I can relate to your experience as I have had some pretty profound realizations about the Universe and my place in it as well. What Meditation do you practice? I practice Vipassana Meditation as per S.N. Goenka. I also use a sensory deprivation tank that takes my mind to the other side very quickly. The presence you felt is called the Dhamma by the Buddhists, Chi in Chinese Martial Arts, the holy spirit by the Christians, and the force by Yoda (George Lucas modeled the force after the Buddhist's idea of Dhamma). Modern science has detected a unifying field of energy that permeates all things in the universe that is being celled The Zero Piont Field.

This could also be the Dark Matter that cosmologists have been searching for. According to a friend of mine, who is an Astrophysicist at Cal Tech, we can only detect 5-7% of the matter in the universe, the rest is called Dark Matter. This Dark Matter could be the unifying force that you experienced. What you tapped into is the next profound step in the evolution of human conscientious. Keep on searching and please let us know where your adventures take you.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This kind of reminds me of a vision I had during a meditation a while back. I was sucked out of my body and thrown into space, by the time I left the atmosphere I noticed a gigantic glowing gold light above me and it warmed my body. I than was turned around to where I could see the Earth from above and I asked "what is this, what does this mean?" and as I asked that a redish orange sunflower unfolded out of nowhere as it shot out pollen.

I went into meditation depressed that day and I ended up feeling at peace with myself and my surroundings after it.

S&F

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If this calculator's creator doesn't know why or how, and doesn't care, why should the other pieces of this "one big divided being" care about why or hows?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreth
If this calculator's creator doesn't know why or how, and doesn't care, why should the other pieces of this "one big divided being" care about why or hows?

It's difficult to explain. It never felt the need or want to ask that question. It just was/is. There's no other reason for existing than existence itself. I may not be explaining it correctly. It was difficult enough to put into words what you find in the original post. During the experience you realize that words in all the human languages (and I speak three of them) just don't exist, or are insufficient.

Why should the other pieces of this "one big divided being" care? Well,... we're here living life and going through all the hardships imposed on us. We don't really have to care why or how, but I think we as individuals have that curiosity that makes us ask these questions from one generation to another. When life on earth is over and the body dies, according to my experience we are returned/reunited with the "body" of this consciousness and we discover a whole array of different needs and curiosities that we didn't have as humans. Again, I could be wrong about all of it, but that's the feeling I got.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
very interesting post here, and i honestly believe its 100% factual and not an illusion, and maybe it was an illusion, that word is just a word someone decided to put into our dictionary to describe something that "just can't be" which i believe is typical of our behavior ... i would like to write more on this as well as the very similar experience i had myself, i will check back very soon.....

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I have only been able to achieve a meditative state once. I panicked when i realised i was in this mentel state and i quickly came around again. I have tried a number of times to meditate since then but havn't been able to achieve a 'result'. Can anyone suggest a simple technique to use, without giving me a link to another web site. Thank you

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mespen

The state you are trying to achieve is in and around you all the time. It is a matter of moving ones perspective to "what is," and not so much moving or creating anything new.

It can and will take one out of their comfort zone. It is necessary as the current "bubble" of our perspective is a thing of growth. These bodies and minds are quite limited in their comprehension of the continuous universe around and in them. The "true nature" of things in their perceived totality can be.. a wee bit overwhelming to such finite perspectives as ours
If left to its own devices, it seems the mind can become a trap of little more then reflexes and pre-programmed responses, with extraordinary depth even on its own. It can be quite a bit different experientially when the "mind" starts actively observing as opposed to dissecting. two states of operation that happen simultaneously, though they might be perceived as an either/or state.

We are "already there." it seems that whether our perspectives realize it or not, we are still fully "enabled," individual but not separate, systems that interact with each other through the math and physics of the universe. massive and miniscule scales working simultaneously, with us "somewhere in the middle." as it would be, with a perspective

edit on 20-2-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I've had very similar experiences over the past few years. I wasn't meditating though. I was just in a dissociative state.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
2manyquestions,

May I suggest the Silva Mind Method? There are several short guided lessons in mp3 form available for free, so you can try it and see if it works for you. It does take some effort to get started, but it is well worth it. I tried Silva long ago with little success (it used to be called Silva Mind Control, but they changed the name for obvious reasons, with all the black ops stuff that has come out). The courses are now given by Jose Silva's daughter, Laura. I have found her approach very practical and effective. Her voice is very soothing, which helps you relax. It has done me a world of good. At first the courses concentrate on using guided meditaion to "rewrite" the negative programming that your subconscious has absorbed over the years, which is an excellent use of the alpha brain wave state. Once you get good at achieving alpha (and deeper) quickly, you can use it for anything you want. Good luck! I've come to feel that meditation does for the mind what exercise does for the body.
edit on 20-2-2011 by Videot because: To note that this is a reply to 2manyquestions

edit on 20-2-2011 by Videot because: Spelling

edit on 20-2-2011 by Videot because: Spelling again!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
about out-of-body experiences and all...
The OP is surely telling the truth about what he experienced... does it make it THE Truth? No! not at all... feelings, personal experiences, education/indoctrination has NOTHING to do with the Truth. The 5 senses can be tweaked by other entities... making you believe that what you saw is the Truth. They have the control into these other dimensions, and ALSO on earth's human dimension (3D + Time). They know our flaws. They feed on them. It's not because you 'saw' or 'feel' something that it's True. Try heroin, or even better, Salvia or another one,dmt... anyway... and come back to me. The ONLY thing important in this 'battle' is for every human to choose deception or truth. And the deception is INCREDIBLE. in EVERY subject. And it's getting worst everyday...
One day, you'll maybe believe that some guy is Jesus and makes miracles on Live TV.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by c1138

You're right in that we may never trust anything to be truth. Doubt is part of being human. Many schizophrenics find themselves not trusting anything at all, including simple objects. Truth can be subjective depending on who you talk to. I think everyone should go through life searching for truths, but sometimes we find that what we believed to be truths all of our lives turn out to be lies and deceptions instead. In my opinion the best thing to do is to believe whatever helps you become a better human being, whether it be through science, spiritual beliefs, or something else altogether.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
That is a very good description of existence and the universe.
It is time for those of you who care to bring it to others and try to explain it to them if they do not understand.
In your process of explaining it to others you may find yourself understanding even more than what you know now.
Do what you can to guide others towards awakening their awareness of everything.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing that. I believe I have an interpretation for you:

By engaging in meditation, you are participating in a religious and occultic practice perfectly designed to surrender your soul to demonic influence. The silencing of the thoughts and the process of surrender facilitate these deceptive entities and give them permission to take control, as you sublimate your own personality and control mechanisms. That other 'you' you spoke with, was a demon that has been assigned to you now, whom you will not be able to dislodge by your own efforts now.

As they usually do, the demon introduced a false cosmology for you to believe in, in order to turn you away from the true God and salvation through faith in his only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. His cosmology will have some element of truth in it, so that the lie will be easier to swallow. It is certainly true that the God of the universe does sustain everything effortlessly, and in fact this is one of the functions of the Messiah, Jesus Christ.

Other than the fact that your immortal soul is now imperiled and that you will have increasing demonic manifestations, I wouldn't be alarmed. When and if you choose to free yourself from this, you will have to commit to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

"He whom the Son sets free is free indeed".

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Amazing experience. Ive heard references to the "computer of the mind of God" and it looks to me like you were shown this in your meditation, along with a procession of the Inbreath and Outbreath of the Life of Brahma. Hindus teach that the Inbreath and Outbreath of Brahma are the creation and destruction of the Universe in endless cycles.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The experience of 2mq's really hits home (thanks for sharing it) as I have been searching for the ontological and teleological questions for years. I think this experience probably comes closer to the truth of reality than any religion or philosophy I have come across, as it's revelation is typical of many mystical experiences . E.g., the whole paradox of "One as Many and Many as One" is found across the whole gamut of NDEs (I am a researcher therein and have read hundreds which exemplify the main elements).

The question probably bugs many of us as to whether these experiences are just a figment of the imagination. However, many of the NDE experiences (some involving clinical death and anoxia during the experience) reach very similar conclusions. Here are some excerpts from a friend of mine during the final states of cancer (from which amazing recovery from terminal cancer resulted after the experience)..

When I was in the NDE state, it felt like I had woken up to a different reality. It felt like I had awoken from the “illusion” of life, and from that perspective, it looked like my physical life was just a culmination of my thoughts and beliefs up to that point. It felt like the whole world was just a culmination of the thoughts and beliefs of the collective. That is, the culmination of everyone’s thoughts and beliefs. It felt like nothing was actually real, but we made it real with our beliefs. I understood that even my cancer was not real, it was also part of the illusion, so if I went back to my body, I would not have the cancer any more.

And another thing is that there was this incredible understanding of how we are all interconnected. And how what I felt within me affects my whole universe. I felt one with everything. I felt a connection with every living thing. And it felt like the whole universe is within me. As far as I am concerned, if I am happy, the universe is happy. If I love myself, everyone else will love me. If I am at peace, the whole universe is peaceful. And so on.

Also, time and space feel very different in that dimension. It doesn’t feel linear, like it does here. It felt like everything was happening simultaneously. I saw what could be interpreted as past lives, I saw what was happening currently (my brother on the plane, and conversations between my family members and doctors), and I also saw the future of this life pan out. But it was as if they were all happening at once, and I was living them all at once. It felt like, only after coming back, my mind has to process it as happening in linear time, but in that dimension, it didn’t feel that way at all. And also, distance and solid walls did not stop me from seeing and hearing everything that pertained to me at that time.

The best example I can think of is: imagine there is a huge warehouse, which is dark, and you live in this warehouse with one flashlight. Everything you know about this warehouse is seen through the light of this one small flashlight. Whenever you want to look for something, you may or may not find it, but it does not mean the thing does not exist. It is there, but you just haven't flashed your light on it. You can only see what your light is focused on. Then one day, someone flicks on a lightswitch, and for the first time, you can see the whole warehouse. The vastness of it is almost overwhelming, you can't see all the way to the end, and you know there is more than what you can see. But you do see how all the products are lined up on all the shelves, and you notice just how many different things there are in the warehouse which you never noticed, never even conceived having existed, yet they do, simultaneously with the things you know existed (those are the things your flashlight had been able to find). Then, even when the light switch goes back off, nothing can take away the understanding and clarity of your experience.

Now move forward to my NDE. This state caused a huge internal consciousness shift within me. It felt as if I had penetrated into a reality beyond my “mind” and that, living in the mind was living in the “illusion”. Words aren’t adequate to describe the state, but it felt like we constructed this world with our mind, and that was the illusion. It felt like I went beyond that. And there was a feeling of being connected to the entire universe- becoming one with everyone and everything. I was also flooded in an all encompassing, unconditionally loving, energy. It was an energy of unconditional love - an energy that does not discriminate or judge. This universal energy is there for us no matter who or what we are. I felt amazingly powerful and magnificent. It was in this very awake state that I made the decision to come back into life. It was one powerful decision to come back and experience LIFE in this body again. You see, as soon as the choice to live or die was presented to me, I KNEW that once I made the decision, NOTHING outside of myself could kill me. NOTHING. Just the fact that I was presented with the choice and that I had made the decision, made it real. And as soon as I made the decision, every single cell in my body responded to that decision, and I healed almost immediately.

There was SO much clarity in that state, but somehow, it did not feel like the clarity came from the mind. It’s as if something else was doing the understanding, and that something else was able to identify the mind as being separate, and the mind as being the cause for disconnection from the all that is. It felt like the ego and the mind were one. So in that state, which is beyond the mind, there was no ego and no attachment. And all was one. The connection was felt with EVERYTHING. There was no discrimination and no judgment against ANYONE or ANYTHING. It felt as if suffering was caused by our own mind turning against itself. It felt as if, whether we are a criminal or a cancer patient, it all stems from the same thing. It all stems from a sickness of, or separation from the mind. Or from how the mind interprets separation. If only we knew how perfect and magnificent we are, there would be no hospitals and no prisons. It feels as if imperfection is the creation of the mind. Judgment too. EVERYTHING. As physical human beings, we need to process information through our minds. And all we perceive is separation, because that is how our minds process information. But beyond the mind, we are one, we are totally interconnected. We are actually not our mind. We are something much, much more. Yet, when in that state, even though I felt one with everything, I still seemed to recognize myself as a separate being from the oneness, as if I had my own evolution. It was like I had this mind, which is not me, but I sort of ... had an obligation to "evolve" it as best as I could, but I was OUTSIDE of my mind looking at it. When we are in the physical, we are INSIDE our mind looking out. And the separation between all becomes more glaring and obvious. It felt like all the problems and the issues of the world stemmed from our own, and the collective mind. It felt like the collective mind is what creates the illusion which we live in, with all its collective thoughts and beliefs.

The entire experience can be read here, and there are many NDEs reaching a similar conclusion..
www.nderf.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join