It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of Our Existence and Universe Unraveled

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Not so sure where the thread matters is of much importance.

Such experiences are personal, after all.
Why not invite those people to read it anyway?

these experiences are available to all those who "seek" it. Nothing is hidden, "it" is what is happening, with us as a part, continuously.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Yeah I know it just kind of hit a nerve with me since this one of the better discussions I have read here on this topic.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Well,.... the Gray area is a step up. It was first moved to cryptozoology.
I'm happy to read you enjoyed the thread.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azp420
reply to post by nightbringr

'___' has never been scientifically proven to be released from the brain at the time of death. It is only suspected.

I never said it was, I highly suspect it is though.

I believe our personal beliefs influence what we experience.

For sure, I agree with the jist of your post. The same is also true for everyday "reality" however. It is a hallucination created by the mind based on its beliefs and current chemical composition. But it feels so "real" and everybody says it is real so it must be real right?

IMO this type of deep meditation and psychedelic use is merely (probably not the right word) a tool to experience ourselves and experience our consciousness from a different perspective. There is nothing being taught to us from a "higher up" because there is no higher up than ourselves! We are teaching ourselves (much like in the film Waking Life if you have seen it) in ways the normal state of consciousness can't. There is no doubt what we experience is influenced by our beliefs and human inability to perceive what really IS, but this is no different to the everyday experiences we believe to be so real. The great thing about the brain being under psychedelics is that beliefs, preconceptions and paradigms are stripped down far more and much more easily than under normal consciousness. IMO this gets us closer to "god" and allows our thoughts to be much more honest, reasonable and true.

Also, who's to say what particular chemical composition of the brain is the "correct" one for experiencing true reality? IMO perceiving consciousness and the universe through a broad spectrum of perceptions, paradigms and states of consciousness etc will allow you to experience reality or learn what really is to a far greater truth than the narrow spectrum that everyday consciousness allows.

I agree with this completely. After my own "experimentations", ive come to the conclusion they are simply tools to open your mind, but only inward towards itself. Perhaps this is wrong and we are really receiving insight to the true working of our universe, but if that is true, while we may observe these revelations, we can never interact in any meaningful way with them.

Who knows what "true" reality is? I believe if the universe is much different than what we perceive, especially if we exist in more than three spacial dimensions but for whatever reason can only see the three we are accustomed too, perhaps our brains HAVE to function the way they do. What is the purpose of being able to percieve something we cannot ever interact with? It would be confusing and clutter our thoughts. I think our brain blocks out stimuli that is not needed for day to day life on this physical plane.

In the throes of these substances, we might better perceive what we believe to be extra-dimentional space, but we cannot interact with it in any real, meaningful way. We may THINK we are stepping out of time and space, but to an observer or sitter, we are simply drooling over ourseves on the couch.

What does this all mean? I think these can be very powerful tools to introspectively explore our minds, but as my experimentation continued i began to believe that it in fact all it is, our minds reeling out of control making up things as it goes. Who knows at the end of the day what we really are.

I suspect we never truely know until our time is up on the physical plane of existence.

edit on 18-2-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Interesting that I find this parallel here.
And I thought my thinking of it was a little goofy. All the stuff and scope of the universe, and the infinitesimal amount that we get to influence or experience... Seems like a waste. What's the point? The only thing reasonable is that it's a game. Games don't really have much reason other than to entertain... And if the universe has all the time in the universe...

"The dream" sounds familiar too...
Out of blackness came this blob. Red and flowing. Sort of like ink dropped into water, something like a 1970's concert backdrop visual but much more vast and perhaps intense since I was in it and it was 3D. It again contrasted or inverted on its background momentarily. Now a more sinuous smoky blackness on a more faint and darker red. The blackness then thinned out, and that which remained turned into points of light while the background again went to black. Near the end, the time or speed of it sped up and there's this white noise that gets intense and abruptly stops. That's the "weirdass" thing I saw/experienced in the dream.

Some people say if you know of the game, you've already lost. Time from this experiential standpoint is finite after all. So that view seems understandable.

Some seem to go for a high score. The thing is, which way do you keep score? Or should you bother? Is there some achievements to unlock each time around? Some of us play cooperatively, some of us play for fun, and some of us even have fun in causing trouble. We all take turns at each at some point. Nothing nor anyone is perfect, and expecting such is foolish. Likewise nothing is completely flawed, there's always something redeeming. The overall mechanic was designed with some balance in mind. Experiencing certain games within the game probably has brought more recognition, the methods of manipulation have many parallels. It's also like how fractals work. So now the way of dealing with those who game the game becomes a bit more obvious. The thing is, if we're all part of one - we're collectively playing with our self. Thus the griefing, pranks, and maliciousness are equally of our own experiential boredom as is our helpfulness, charity, and kindness. Are we in the mood for an relaxing easy game, or a difficult and challenging one?

Maybe it's just another way to look at things after getting heaps of info on the internet, kind of like unlocking the matrix. But not quite completely. Still limited by the bounds and scopes of the avatars when the initial random stats were generated. You normally just can't hack those things from within the game without access to tools and such that come from outside.

Maybe a few rare times some get ops or admin, but I've yet to see it. Maybe there are hacks and exploits we should be more aware of. Some exploits seem to be occurring and obvious, even if I don't exactly know the mechanic in being able to use them. I don't worry about it too much, those that use those tricks to grief will get theirs soon enough. When everyone gets up to speed and understands what's going on, the playing field usually gets leveled despite its quirks. Better to play most of the game by its actual rules (that I'm aware of) than arbitrary ones that have little real impact.

Religion? Not really. Nor should ideas like this be imposed on anyone else. Freedom is figuring it out on your own. Philosophy? Perhaps. The way I see it, the universe is a funny place.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
All of life is one. God is in all life. Not just above you more powerful than you. The Bhagavad Gita As It Is is a good version of the Bhagavad Gita to read. Srimad Bhagavatam explains further more. It is thousands of pages like 8,000+. The Tao Te Ching is a good read as well. acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu... here is the free audio version online player of the Gita bhagavad-gita.ws...

It is funny because it even teaches that all of life and you are god in the christian bible. Jesus teaches this specifically. In Corinthians it states: Some of us are Jews, some are Gentiles, some are slaves, and some are free. But we have all been baptized into one body by one Spirit, and we all share the same Spirit. - 1 Corinthians 12:13

That is the oneness of all life. God is the unmanifest we are the manifest. Jesus said many times that the Kingdom Of Heaven is within you. His father is in his heart. The Kingdom of God is in the hearts of men. Surrender into you heart. You meditate upon the heart and feel it's heart beat and surrender into that. That is the key to god realization. Just feel your heart and crown while meditating and third eye if you wish to see visuals. But god does not have an image. God doesn't need it. God is love.

Humans created seperation from their own self when the made up names for their skin color to seperate one another. Humans created seperation when they made up names for pieces of land and called them nations. You do not own mother earth, mother earth owns you. Everything around you is made straight from mother earth. Without your body and it's parts you wouldn't be able to function. Without the air which is the life of god you couldn't breathe. When you breathe air in you breathe in life and god. Without rain there would be no water, without water you couldn't live. Without the space in a house you couldn't live in it. Without the sun everything would freeze over.

There is to much to be thankful for. You should look into sun gazing, stare at it first hour in the morning when it rises and last hour at night when it falls. It is an ancient practice that indians would use to heal and gain knowledge from.

But I see the oneness in life. When I look at a tree, animal, or any other plant life I see it alive and glowing. So vibrant and as if it's in HD. When I look at human beings no matter how big or over weight I see the divine in them, I see there glow and vibrancy. I don't see ugliness. How could I hurt my fellow brothers and sisters? How could I hurt my own self?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I just want to publicly add my voice to the "yea" column.

My own experience showed me the same thing, though the journey in the experience to show me was not the same. The result, the understanding that I was being given was the same. I think the way the message unfolds is just highly individual, and tailored to get you to the bottom line understanding of non-dualism. Of the multiplicity/singularity. That which is many and one, and both and neither, and just utterly non dualistic.

I am just blown away at how many of us are having this experience. I wish I knew if it were unusual for so many "individuals" at once to have this awareness, or if there always are this many, and only since the internet can we find each other so easily. And just for curiosity. I am interested in the history of the experience, and I have read many of the past people who have had this understandings work. But because reading and writing we not common skills thousands of years ago, and time destroyed much that was written, there is no way to gauge what percentage of the population experiences this.

It would be interesting to see the numbers.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
reply to post by hawkiye

Well,.... the Gray area is a step up. It was first moved to cryptozoology.
I'm happy to read you enjoyed the thread.

Cryptozoology??? Wow that just seems to reinforce that some mod messed with the thread for personal reasons. I can't imagine how in the world this could ever be thought to fit into cryptozoology... Amazing

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
"...the pilgrims of time have been experiencing a growing awareness of the reality of an almighty overcontrol of the time-space ..." www.urantia.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Aldous Huxley's "The Perenial Philosophy" is perhaps the greatest anthology ever written on any subject, and fortunately it treats the subject matter of this thread. Of his brilliance I assume the audience is familiar.

Arthur Shopenhauer's "The World as Will and Representation" is also a work of brilliance on the subject, from an altogether different perspective. For those who suffer from depression or melancholia perhaps it should be avoided. Its message is most unpleasant and even the optimist will come away doubting.

Finally (1) There is suffering, (2) There is cause of suffering (3) There is an end to suffering (4) There is a path leading to the end of suffering.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Welcome to the Club.... Now knowing what you have discovered you have to walk the path, never compromise the truth you have learned, live them from the heart every day, never compromise them for the illusion of being comfortable in the matrix, there is no falling back asleep.....

Blessings

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakened1
Welcome to the Club.... Now knowing what you have discovered you have to walk the path, never compromise the truth you have learned, live them from the heart every day, never compromise them for the illusion of being comfortable in the matrix, there is no falling back asleep.....

Blessings

Most likely anyone who has an experience like this has been walking the path for some time whether they know it or not. If they know it then they understand it. If they did not know it they most likely wondered why they have had so many ups and downs and unusual experiences and now understand. Either way they move forward You can only avoid your mission for so long before the soul will bring you back to it one way or another.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have been reading here for years, and I never thought I would actually join, let alone post, but the existence of this thread has forced me to reconsider all of that.

I remember my 'birth'. Or to phrase it more accurately, I have a memory of being amongst a group of other developing beings, watching each before me go sliding down a very long glowing (flesh toned, orangeish, the glow of the womb as seen from within, I believe) tube. I was so excited, and even jealous of each before me. I remember saying goodbye to them, expressing my love, and telling them that we will all be together again, and how I longed to be reunited... before I had even gone.

Birth as a human being is a very precious thing. I couldn't wait to start my new life.

There was a girl beside me for much of the time I spent waiting there. She was my Yeshe, my beloved, whom I was to share this ongoing transformation with. My eyes swell with tears-to-be, and my heart swells with a love that can never end... even now, reliving it as I relate it here. I hope to be with her again soon, with every ounce of hope and love...

My turn came, and the end of this memory is me sitting at the top of this 'slide', turning to look back at her one more time, smiling, beaming with happiness. I was not sad at all to go, to have to be separated from her yet again.

My next memory was not until I was almost 2 years old, but as a young child when upset with my mother I would beg and beg for my 'other mommy' 'my mommy from before'. It hurt and confused her very much I am sure, well, I know, as I can see her face still.

This thread reminded me of that.

I have lived my life knowing that I am experiencing exactly what I agreed to. All the death, the pain I have caused those around me, all the suffering I have seen and endured myself... I have to remind myself of this all the time when something 'unfair' happens. This life IS fair. It is my Agreement, the purpose of which I am still somewhat unsure of... but it is fair and right and true all the same, every bit of it.

Everything must be experienced, it seems... This thing is going to continue generating itself ad infinitum until it has consumed and exhausted all energy and information... and then it will begin again. It is a progression building up to the unity of totality with the Great Creator, the Godhead, IT, and whatever other name we would choose to assign Him.

Entheogens can definitely aid people in this great quest to experience, understand, and love everything. Psilocybin and '___' can be very effective and powerful spiritual tools, which must be respected. However, it is important not to confuse the wood of the ladder with the roof itself. These are sacraments, and must be treated as such.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your experience here, and shame on those that would equate such a thing with satanic deception. I don't see how such an experience could do anything but bring you (and hopefully others touched by this thread) closer to God. I would ask those posters to closely examine their thoughts and spiritual experience when saying such things. Is it Christ in your heart, or is it possible that it may be a more malevolent force manipulating you?

I can't wait to rejoin you all again in the great state of Rigpa, in the blinding brilliance of clarity before our Lord, the source from which we came, we never left.

And to my Yeshe, should this reach you, please know I never left you, and may our reunion be made swift and blessed by all that love and live in light. May my love shield and warm you in these bitterly cold times, may it speed your steps and light the path back home into my heart.

Om Ah Hum Vajra Guru Padma Siddhi Hum!

Om Ah Hum Varja Guru Padma Siddhi Hum!

Om Ah Hum Varja Guru Padma Siddhi Hum!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
If they did not know it they most likely wondered why they have had so many ups and downs and unusual experiences and now understand. Either way they move forward You can only avoid your mission for so long before the soul will bring you back to it one way or another.

Thats how it was for me. I did not actively pursue the spiritual. But I couldnt avoid it. It ran into me like a ton of bricks. I did always have a very "moral" nature, even though I was agnostic. I always cared about "the good" as Plato would say. From the time I was tiny, it was a constant in my life. And even before I had the experience, when taking a job I would ask myself, "am I causing harm? Or making things better?" And I would only take a job if I believed it was doing more good than harm.

I think you are right. We must come prewired, and there is no avoiding it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValValient4
If Heaven was within yourself and you are within the universe and you are GOD, how is it you are unable to get there or find it? Do you really believe this? Also if all this was true we would have to live the life of of all including Jesus... why is it that population lvls are increasing should we not have on earth at all times an equal amount of souls then? Imagine the timeframe required to live as all things... Why did Christ die for our sins if all we have to do is wait our turn to incarnate as him? And say your second in line could 1 billion years be an exceptable timeframe for the long wait in the queue? Id hate to be 3rd in line let alone last...

a clear example of how "a Kingdom divided upon itself cannot stand"...

It is more easy to view God as something outside of you...then you being 'of Thee' and your being 'filled' with Thee. The very force of your 'life' can only 'be' by the Spirit of God 'being'.

I dont see Jesus as any higher then any other being on Earth...but I see that he 'got it' and then shared what he understood...he claimed his spiritual birth right and then we were all taught to not ever do such a thing. We were taught later by man that a spiritual birth right could only be earned through a 'belief' of something we can not prove. But Jesus taught of things that can be proven as to be valuable...like compassion, empathy, forgiveness, love, understanding in those that are still working on many hardships and over coming many things of this world and flesh. So here is where I focus...on the things of value that I can show another person of things that 'hold water' of having worth.

If we didnt have to 'do as he did'...then why did he teach us and encourage us that we could go on to do better things...that we would even...move mountains. He did not teach about self glory...he taught to live for others. In living a life for Spirit....he could not fight for his life of flesh...he understood that this life of flesh, was not the 'true self' or the 'true life'. Its easy to think after reading the Bible and mans thoughts on Jesus....that we have another scapegoat path of passing the hard parts onto another and us getting a easier ride. But he showed us, if you are aware of the Spirit within you...then 'good things' become you. Our souls seek harmony because they are all of the same fabric...of 'god'...but our flesh/egos/individual personalities and intellect, seek things for the self, fear for the self more then fear for the 'all'. This is the battle in heaven (within us)...of spirit and flesh. The idea of a scapegoat path originates from the OT itself...in the idea that a animals death could 'save' you or make you pure again. This idea was common in the middle east...that a life given, is a life saved. There are alot of parts though in the New Testament where it sounds to me like Jesus was not a fan of sacrifice...but was a fan of true offering at ones own will to do so. Not something that is forced on anyone or any animal...but something in the heart and mind, a will to live for things of Spirit. I believe Jesus understood the true meaning of true offering and when he did not fight for his life of flesh it was not because he was dying to save us...but was strong enough to live for what was right, in Spirit. In that..showing us what man is capable of...he in a sense does save some people, giving them the strength and courage to walk the narrow path themselves.

There are infinite souls because God is infinite...life is like a perpetual motion. Souls are a phase of God...and this is something that the common man is not ready for....for its only natural that the ego fights its right to be a individual that is separate from other life...when all life can only come from one place...the Spirit of God. Jesus understood such...hence he understood and excepted, being 'one' with Thee. As he allowed the Spirit to become and work through him...he became the 'light' and was the 'word'.

There is not anyone we are waiting on...but our own selves to 'filter out' so the Spirit can rise and 'filter in'. Its not for our individual selves that 'life' is occurring...but its for the only one that really 'is' which is God and Thee's Holy Spirit. Thee is constantly renewing, because Thee is constantly, being.

When Jesus said to pick up our own crosses...he was not talking about literally but as a 'state of being'. Pick up your earthly attributes and work on them, mend with love and forgiveness things like pride, greed, lust, selfishness. Find and understand the will and way....of why he was willing to not fight and live a life as he did. Pick up your own earthly burdens, and place them on the cross. Choose a life that lives for others and that shines the nature of Spirit through your being.

Im not trying to claim any of such as a fact for another...just this is what I understand after years of study, praying, mediating, asking for guidance, and some experiences that helps mold me and helped me understand this all the way that I do. I can feel the Spirit within me, I can see it within every other being, I can feel it in the life of nature that surrounds me, shelters me, feeds me, and gives me moments of beauty and contemplation.

I walked the path for many years of accepting a blood sacrifice....but I saw later that this was a very earthly practice and there was something more to it all and not prefer the word and work of 'offering' rather then sacrifice.

Think of someone like Martin Luther King...who was also well aware that his own life was in danger...due to standing up for something. For some, Martin Luther King is a savior..for he gave them strength to stand up for what they feel in their hearts and true nature, what is right for the 'whole'.

There are alot of things we can debate on what 'truth' may be..but there are universal truths like love, selflessness, compassion....that can be truths that are common grounds every culture, every belief system, every man, can stand on.

Your very right...a kingdom divided can not stand and is sure to fall. If you look at the world living as a divided planet and a divided species...we only keep falling. The soul seeks harmony with Spirit, with its true nature....then it seeks harmony with all others that are of Spirit...which is all life period. There is a reason that our highest potential, is only going to happen or 'be' if we stand united.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValValient4
I think to give up your life of flesh for a life of spirit is beyond any of us to escape or elude of this I am certain as we will all experience physical death... A dangerous doctrine you are putting your faith into... It can be described best as Blasphemy... j

We surely will experience physical death...but know, this is not the 'real true self' or the 'real life of 'being'.

When I was seeking really deeply and asking Jesus every day to help guide me and help me understand...I kept trying to 'walk in his footsteps' and understand how much strength and will HAD to come from him to stay in the nature of Spirit.

I had alot of powerful dreams during this time that forced me to think about things. 1 was of me walking out of a building and seeing another man with a gun being pointed to his head. Our of fear for my own life of flesh....I ran for the corner of the building to get away so I too would not be in harms way. As I reached the corner, I felt a bullet enter my back. I woke holding my back right where the bullet was in the dream and it seemed so real in that moment. It took alot of spiritual work before I had this dream for me to have the reaction I did when I woke of that I wished to go back into the dream...and not fight for me life of flesh, but 'be' the life of spirit, and try to help another in spirit.

I am and always will be, in awe of what Jesus understood and on the level he understood it. I know it took alot of work and will....to walk the path he did. And such could not of been...without the understanding of things of spirit that he had.

Again, Im only offering a perspective...
LV

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

thank u for sharing ur xperience. We all are connected to each other whether living or non living, Its true..
Its like what we think real is virtual and what we think virtual is real.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Wow! What a great post, and what a great response! I've been down a similar path that included meditation, dreams, introspection and studying the "psycho-nauts" of Buddhism. I feel like I could write a book if I tried on several different aspects of the OP's vision. One thing that sticks out to me at the moment is the fractal aspect. Nature is absolutely filled with fractal-like geometry at all levels, not the simple straight line, triangular, etc., shapes of the geometry we're taught in school. Those things are all man-made hypothetical idealizations that can only model nature in the simplest reductionary forms. Of course any model we come up with reflects more on what our minds are currently capable of than what reality is. So...perhaps reality is co-created by what our minds are capable of at any given time. It may even be that this is what the PTB are trying to cover up, at all costs.

Imagine for a moment that the universe (+) is not made up of particles and energy as we currently think of them, but is actually a "field" of consciousness that has manifested these forms as part of a "thought experiment". Then imagine that the thought experiment actually has no bounds other than the ones we impose because of our current level of understanding, a set of boundary conditions we all unknowingly adhere to. A fractal model implies that each level is but one iteration of an endless process, the same below as it is above, with evolution basically being an iteration counter. I cannot help but feel that the awakening we are currently going through is part of reachng the next iteration, painful and sometimes gloomy as it might seem whan you're stuck in the middle of the process. Reaching the next level will always be a matter of stepping out of, and leaving behind, the current level. And it's about time for the human race to take that next step.

Anyway, that's my current stage of trying to gain a little more insight into what the heck is going on here!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I too have had these experiences more than once and would like to leave these links for those wanting to learn more about the '___' that your body produces as I believe this has a lot to do with the experiences a lot of us have had!
www.youtube.com...

thespiritmolecule.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Thank you.

reply to post by JollyRogers108

Originally posted by JollyRogers108
There was a girl beside me for much of the time I spent waiting there. She was my Yeshe, my beloved, whom I was to share this ongoing transformation with. My eyes swell with tears-to-be, and my heart swells with a love that can never end... even now, reliving it as I relate it here. I hope to be with her again soon, with every ounce of hope and love...
And to my Yeshe, should this reach you, please know I never left you, and may our reunion be made swift and blessed by all that love and live in light. May my love shield and warm you in these bitterly cold times, may it speed your steps and light the path back home into my heart.

When I cried a bucket of tears after reading the OP a couple of days ago I never thought that I would do tenfold within the same thread.
I am a pretty private person, and six months ago I would never have thought that I would be reciprocating to something so personal on a public forum - however I will say this ...

Yes.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join