It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Utility Terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This thread isn't about saboteurs.

In a large city in my state, the electric utility is pressuring the ptb there, to allow it to resume it's rate hikes.
chicagobreakingbusiness.com...
I went to google and put: -dies after utility turned off couldn't pay- www.google.com...
Many stories here, about people who died when the utility provider couIdn't squeeze profits out of them. I call the utility providers terrorists because of all these deaths they caused. Or, their grids fail, (one reason they "need" to continually rate-hike, to strengthen the grids, [how come they aren't already strengthened/prepared?] ) And the result is a disaster of the-great-Chicago-fire magnitude, even moreso. Per this book called HeatWave (A social autopsy of disaster in Chicago ----- By Eric Klinenberg
www.press.uchicago.edu...
Wherein it says: "On Thursday, July 13, 1995, Chicagoans awoke to a blistering day in which the temperature would reach 106 degrees. The heat index, which measures how the temperature actually feels on the body, would hit 126 degrees by the time the day was over. Meteorologists had been warning residents about a two-day heat wave, but these temperatures did not end that soon. When the heat wave broke a week later, city streets had buckled; the records for electrical use were shattered; and power grids had failed, leaving residents without electricity for up to two days. And by July 20, over seven hundred people had perished-
It continues: Klinenberg uncovers how a number of surprising and unsettling forms of social breakdown—including the literal and social isolation of seniors, the institutional abandonment of poor neighborhoods, and the retrenchment of public assistance programs—
People who can't afford to pay an air conditioner bill.
And then, there was that --Enron-- scandal.
This past summer, my sister and I learned that my mom and brother and 2 dogs & 2 cats were all sizzling in 90+ with humidity, because mom's (outside AC to the house) broke. I ran out and bought them a window unit.
HERE IS MY QUESTION AND WHY I PUT THIS THREAD IN SURVIVAL.
A video someone posted in ATS here in a totaly different thread, was of this guy showing me his deriving electricity from the air. But I clicked on the google link to read the comments. Those can be important. One said it was because the guy's nearness to a radio station. Something like that. I AM NO electronics geek. By annnnyyyy stretch. IS THERE REALLY SUCH THING AS A REAL LEGITIMATE PRACTICAL BUILDABLE PURCHASABLE way that me and you can generate our own electricity to run heaters, window units, TVs, my computer, that really really works???????? I'm not talking about NewAgey free energy woowoo, nor solar panels, as I live in a large multi unit apartment building with strict rules, not a house.
I just paid my $125.00 electric bill for a small one bedroom. God forbid this freezing wind would knock the power out for some time.
Any possibility of a proverbial Egyptian revolution against

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm for magnetic power supplies. Some strong magnets with a large coil with attached magnetized fan blade should spin the coil and produce electricity.
I wish I was an engineer and an electrician... if I was I'd have been taken out by big oil corps. by now.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

did you sees this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It is a very good comparison to equate the energy and other utility companies to terrorist when you see the body count and attitude of profits over people. To much money is getting diverted from critical infrastructure and maintenance for profiteering. Lead water pipes is another big issue and while billions are spent on false or minor threats, the serious and real threats are left undressed. Thankfully things are starting to change and many new alternative energy sources are starting to make their way into the public to help readjust this power imbalance.

pesn.com...
www.project.nsearch.com...

top topics

join