It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX NEWS Caught Distorting Reaction to Ron Pauls CPAC Win

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

That was a swell apology from Fox News for deliberately trying to make Ron Paul look unpalatable. NOT!

The only reason they apologized was because they were called out on it. What a load.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I often wonder why we bother pointing out these fabrications in our exuberance to establish that "they" have once again lied to "us". Are we just trying to point out what many have already known, to the unknowing? Forgive my weakness, but I had been trying to lead as many as possible to question MSM, only to be branded a Conspiracy Nut. I feel an uneasiness growing in America and can only hope that the masses have begun to awake. Maybe America is ready to get off the couch and take back their government.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

It is not a conspiracy. It is right before our eyes. The gov't media complex knows the sheeple will see exactly what they want them to see. Nor does FAUX News care if they are "caught". It is not that "Ron Paul can't win" it is that "They" can't afford him to win. The jig is up if he does.

We need to re-exert ourselves and double our efforts in electing Ron Paul. You silly Republicans who keep allowing yourselves to be lied to by RINOs, yet continue to vote for the RINO because they are the "lesser of two evils", remember this... You are still voting for evil!

You silly Democrats who keep allowing yourselves to be lied to by your Democrat God-child Obama, yet will probably vote for him again because he is the "lesser of two evils", know this... You are still voting for evil.

I'm proud to say, after presenting many of my Democrat friends information on Ron Paul, they voted for a Republican for the first time in their life, some even going so far to register Republican to vote in the primary! Once his message is out Democrats love him and neo-con voters do to, once you get past the fraud of "terrorism" and war-mongering. If you can convince neo-con Republicans that murdering women and children thousands of miles away is bad and creates more "terrorists" then they too will love Ron Paul.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Most political events ( >99% ) are covered by cspan. An inconvienient exception were the Republican Presidential Debates in 2008 which were appearntly owned by the MSM.

CSPAN has put their entire body of programming on the web for instant viewing.

www.cspan.org...

click on video library

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I bet that Ron Paul wants to eventually cut pensions as part of government downsizing. He doesn't want to abrogate exsisting deals, but to diminish and ultimately eliminate their use in the future. That is what he says about Social Security. If you paid into it, then you should get it. But it has to stop as soon as possible.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calender
Hello. After seeing the video footage and reading the release Fox made apologizing for the mistake, I think that you can really chalk it up to an honest mistake. I mean the dates are almost identical. They obviously had that footage archived. How hard could it be to accidentally pulled up the footage from Feb. 2010 instead of Feb. 2011. I bet you it isn't that hard to make an honest mistake. The person reading the news wasn't there, he is just reporting what he is being told to say, so he has no idea it was from last year, and he was chuckling because of all of the boos. I say this is no big deal. It was a mistake, which everyone makes. And news is full of holes and mistakes all of the time. Never trust fully what they say. From personal experience every time I know of a story personally that is being reported, they always get almost all of the facts wrong.

maybe

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Is this a first in the broadcast industry?

MSM often ignores news. This is completely different. They have actually manufactured a fact themselves, not had it prefabricated by the establishment. Probably more of a test than an actual mind control event. On the other hand, FOX knows its viewers better than the viewers know themselves, and

"No one ever made a fortune by over estimating the intelligence of the public" P.T. Barnum

BTW Happy Hour on Fox Business Channel had some seconds of dialog almost every show about illuminati and bankers. Nov 09 or so. Cody was seriously anti-illuminati and the other two were less sceptical than I thought they would be.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

During the 2008 election cycle FAUX News also shafted Ron Paul. In NV Ron Paul was 2nd to Mitt Romney (LDS ensured his victory), yet FAUX News reported John McCain was 2nd! They then did not give any mention to Dr. Paul and his finish, but instead jumped to their other preferred candidate, Governor Mike Huckster Huckabee and noted his finish.

FAUX News also did not allow Dr. Paul to participate in the New Hampshire Republican Debate even though Dr. Paul was polling above 10% at the time (ahead of other candidates). FAUX decided Ron Paul was not a viable candidate and thus a waste of time/space on stage for the debate. The Republican Party of NH was so pissed that they dropped co-sponsorship of the debate.

FAUX NEWS! We report (the lies), you decide!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

very good find. and its things like this that makes me absolutly hate the media. because the media is just as corrupt as our horrible excuse of a government. this is what makes me, along with most other countries of the world, hate the USA. we are not the nation that was founded by our forefathers, but a corrupt, greedy, lie that has been generated by the superpowers of our country.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
There's still fools claiming Fox is "fair and balanced"

LINK

It is beyond me why anyone could claim FOX is fair and balanced after they've been caught NUMEROUS TIMES faking news in a way that other networks, no matter how biased they are themselves, wouldn't do. I mean, photoshopping images of people? Showing the wrong footage of political rallies...or now this, mixing up footage and claiming it was an accident. What does it take to make people wake up??

It shouldn't matter if a channel is on the left or right spectrum if they so blatantly mislead their audience. Even if their fake message fits what you like, are you willing to ignore facts and common sense just because it fits the narrative? Have the US came so far that objective evidence and facts don't matter anymore. I mean, comon' people, they're playing their own audience for dumb...and funny enough, their audience seems fine with it because it fits their beliefs.

So so so so so so sad, and dangerous for US politics in general. It means that soon, policies and new laws won't be based on logic anymore, all you need is to doctor some fake facts and sell it to the gullible crowd...and if they find out, they don't even care.
edit on 21-2-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Maybe they want Ron Paul to win? Make it seem like everyone is against him, make it seem like the system is against him so it makes people try all the harder. Remember how right before the Berlin Wall fell everyone thought the cold war would go on for another 30-50 odd years? But everyone thought China's Communist government would eventually fall and it hasn't.
edit on 21-2-2011 by korathin because: fixed massive error, switched out "are" for "all"

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Obviously they just want their own choice for Republican candidate and not Ron Paul.

I disagree completely with Fox News doing this. They should apologize for what they did, and tell the truth about people's reactions to Ron Paul winning CPAC.

Ron Paul should be our next Republican candidate for presidency.
edit on 22-2-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Sorry but you are wrong again. Fox news is not the only one doing this...

We already had this discussion and other members and myself showed you several links to some of the lies perpetrated by other news networks, which are as bad as what Fox News did.

You should be man, or woman enough to admit this, otherwise you are only accepting the lies from one side of the news media...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by MrXYZ

Sorry but you are wrong again. Fox news is not the only one doing this...

We already had this discussion and other members and myself showed you several links to some of the lies perpetrated by other news networks, which are as bad as what Fox News did.

You should be man, or woman enough to admit this, otherwise you are only accepting the lies from one side of the news media...

And you should be man enough to admit you've only posted twice in this thread, with both posts being above this one. In not one of them did you post any links that would show other networks have done something comparable...and neither have others. Some have CLAIMED that other networks are just as bad, but no one has provided concrete proof.

But that's ok, I officially challenge you to present proof of other networks manipulating footage to such an extent, or photoshopping pictures of people they don't like while pretending those pictures are the original.

I'm talking about things like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8aa8a90fae13.png[/atsimg]

Or where they showed picture of rally attendants attending a rally in August...and then just cutting it in with a rally that was a lot less attended in November...pretending that rally was very popular when it really wasn't.

Entertain us

I'm sure the other networks are not 100% honest, but until you show some concrete proof that they manipulate the truth as blatantly as FOX, saying they're "all the same" is incredibly dumb.
edit on 22-2-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
And you should be man enough to admit you've only posted twice in this thread, with both posts being above this one. In not one of them did you post any links that would show other networks have done something comparable...and neither have others. Some have CLAIMED that other networks are just as bad, but no one has provided concrete proof.

I am more than man enough to admit my mistakes...but you?...

www.youtube.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

CNN apologizes to Irish Times over fake nude photos of Tiger Woods' wife

CNN has apologized to The Irish Times for alleging that the newspaper carried fake nude photographs of Elin Nordgren, Tiger Woods' wife. The U.S. news network apologised for printing a story on its website that incorrectly accused The Irish Times of printing faked naked photographs of Tiger Woods’s wife Elin Nordegren.

www.irishcentral.com... 7.html

Media Briefs...

Piers Morgan Defends 2004 Photos that Got him Fired from Daily Mirror
The Media Blog commented on CNN anchor Piers Morgan's tweets Jan . 24 about the fake photos indicating "Abuse of Iraqi prisoners by UK troops."

As the Media Blog detailed, the Mirror published the photos which were later found fake. Then the Mirror published an apology and Morgan was fired from his post as editor.

www.stinkyjournalism.org...

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

www.nowpublic.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Should I post some more?...

Today, CNN ran a story about how people die from not having health insurance. For starters, that’s usually a personal choice. Here in Indiana for example you have Hoosier Healthwise for kids, and the Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP) for adults. Both are very low cost subsidized plans. Participants in HIP pay between 2% and 5% of their gross family income. Most states have similar programs.

Here’s how CNN spins Obama’s lies. Yes, he’s a liar.

For years, Paul Hannum didn’t have health insurance while he worked as a freelance cameraman in southern California.

One Sunday, Hannum complained of a stomachache which alarmed his pregnant fiancée, Sarah Percy. “He wasn’t a complainer,” she said. “He’s the type of guy who, if he got a cold, he’ll power through it. I never had known him to complain about anything.”

Hannum thought he had a stomach flu or food poisoning from bad chicken. On Monday, his brother saw him looking ashen and urged him to go to the hospital. “He had a little girl on the way,” his older brother Curtis Hannum said. “He didn’t want the added burden of an ER visit to hang on their finances. He thought ‘I’ll just wait,’ and he got worse and worse.”

By the time Hannum got to the hospital and was admitted to surgery, it was too late.

Liars!

He had appendicitis and it killed him. My prayers go out to his fiancée and daughter. I did the same thing a few years ago thinking I had food poisoning, and they said had I waited much longer, I would have been dead.

But there’s more. Paul was not in control over the ultimate decision that killed him, and CNN conveniently left that out. Below is from a blog ran by Kristen Marie Hannum, his sister.

Tuesday at dawn, he and Sarah finally went in to the nearby UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center. Classic appendicitis. But when they gave him a CAT-scan the doctor decided that maybe it was diverticulitis. So even though he’d been vomiting for two days, they sent him home with antibiotics he couldn’t keep down and advice to follow up at the county hospital, in a far-away and unfamiliar part of town.

Standard procedure, we’ve been told, would have been to admit Paul, since diverticulitis and appendicitis are so easily misdiagnosed for one another, and because that mistake can be deadly.

Sarah brought Paul back to the Santa Monica medical center Tuesday night. They gave him another CAT-scan and talked some more about transferring him to county. They didn’t, however, compare the two cat scans, which showed a dramatic and frightening disintegration of Paul’s condition.

Paul finally went into surgery Wednesday morning. His ruptured appendix was the worst the surgeon had ever seen.

Paul died at age 45 a little after midnight, August 3, 2006.

www.angrywhiteboy.org...

How CNN Spreads Lies

By Cliff Kincaid | September 6, 2005

On top of CNN’s unjust suspension of conservative commentator Bob Novak, the network became a willing vehicle for the lies of the so-called “pro-choice” movement on abortion. As noted by Andrea Mitchell of NBC News, everybody recognized that the ad from NARAL against Judge John Roberts was misleading and false. So why did CNN run it? That’s the issue that still hasn’t been satisfactorily explained. CNN’s claim-that it was merely running an advocacy ad from a responsible group-doesn’t make any sense at all. This was an irresponsible group and an irresponsible network.

On CNN, on August 12, CNN analyst William Schneider honored Senator Arlen Specter for “The Political Play of the Week” for sending a letter that helped persuade NARAL to pull its false ad accusing Judge Roberts of endorsing anti-abortion terrorism. Schneider said Specter deserved credit for trying to keep the process of selecting judges “under control.” It “isn’t easy,” said Schneider. What Schneider neglected to mention, of course, was that CNN should never have run the ad in the first place. For that, CNN deserves something like “The Political Outrage of the Year” award.

www.aim.org...

They all lie to reflect what they want you to believe...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Oh, and let's not forget...

24Ahead.com: Immigration and Politics Shannon Travis of CNN lies about Obama certificate issue
Shannon Travis of CNN offers "CNN Poll: Quarter doubt Obama was born in U.S." (link) which contains three lies about the Obama citizenship issue. Now, of course, just because Shannon Travis and dozens of other mainstream media sources have lied and misled about the easy-to-understand facts of that issue doesn't mean that Obama was born outside the U.S.: it just means those aren't reliable sources.

(Note: If you aren't familiar with my coverage of this issue, please take a minute first and see my discussion of why this is an important issue and my angle on it at that link. Please don't jump to conclusions as those who use words like "Birther" encourage you to do: they don't want you to think for yourself. instead, please read that last link if you haven't already.)

Here's a list of Shannon Travis' lies:

Lie #1:
Travis says: Hawaii has released a copy of the president's birth certificate - officially called a "certificate of live birth."

Fact
In fact, Hawaii hasn't "released" anything besides a couple of statements (first, second). The only release of a document is what was provided by the Obama campaign: a picture on his website. That picture was not released by the State of Hawaii: it was released by the Obama campaign. Who releases a document makes a very great deal of difference; Shannon Travis is implying that the picture on Obama's site was released by the State of Hawaii itself when that's not true.

Lie #2:
Travis says: And in 1961 the hospital where the president was born placed announcements in two Hawaiian newspapers regarding Obama's birth.

Fact
In fact, there's no proof that those announcements were placed by the birth hospital; see the post about Obama's birth announcements. Those announcements could have been placed by, for instance, Obama's grandparents and for a series of reasons. No one has proved they could have only come from a birth hospital or would indicate a Hawaiian birth. That doesn't mean that they were placed by the grandparents, just that no proof they could have only come from a hospital has been provided. See the link for the details.

24ahead.com...

and
il.youtube.com...

Among others...

So are you going to be a man, and step up to admit they all lie? or are you going to continue with your obviously biased claims?...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

1) When CNN reported that thousands of US citizens die every year they were TELLING THE TRUTH. A study of the Harvard Medical School confirms this. You might not like public healthcare, but fact is, thousands of people die every year because of a lack of healthcare.

2)

As noted by Andrea Mitchell of NBC News, everybody recognized that the ad from NARAL against Judge John Roberts was misleading and false.

I bolded the important part. I hope you see the difference between a misleading ad and blatantly lying during a NEWS segment like FOX did. Of course ads are biased, product ads are biased, and political ads are about as biased as ads can get. Remember the healthcare "death camp" ads?

3) www.youtube.com...

Oh, a clip from 1989, 22 years old!! You know what else we did back then? Test STDs on Honduran citizens...but we moved past that and it's a bit laughable to bring this up as your first proof that CNN is manipulating data today like FOX does

4) www.cbsnews.com...

CNN mistook a TRAINING EXERCISE for a real attack. I hope you see how that can happen if you have live reporters watching a military exercise. And of course, how would that news benefit anyone's political agenda??? Every manipulation by FOX serves their political agenda, I fail to see the agenda behind posting this news...

5)

CNN apologizes to Irish Times over fake nude photos of Tiger Woods' wife

OMG, how could they!!! Again, what's the motive, how would that serve anyone's agenda? FOX manipulated stuff in a way that was VERY targeted against people they don't like. It was also not just a source misreporting something, it took a DELIBERATE effort to photoshop pictures, or use archived footage!

6) www.stinkyjournalism.org...

Yes, Piers Morgan twittering about his previous jobs clearly means CNN lies...makes total sense

7) politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com... 9/chamber-of-commerce-to-seek-investigation-of-hoax/

That was a staged fake press event by an undisclosed group...how does that mean CNN lied???

8) www.nowpublic.com... an-dead-no-cnn-death-hoax-spreads-twitter-2738483.html

Some are stating that CNN tweeted on Freeman's death and then immediately retracted it. There doesn't appear to be any mention of Freeman's death on CNN's official Twitter feed.

Of course, this being the internet the entire thing could be a hoax that CNN had nothing to do with.

According to Live News Wire, a CNN official said that they never tweeted on the death of Morgan Freeman.

There are other indications that CNN did not tweet or retract a statement on the death of Morgan Freeman. For one, the syntax doesn't appear to be right. A quick search of CNN Tweets shows that the news organization does not use the term "Breaking News" in any of its tweets.

Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Is Morgan Freeman Dead? No. CNN Death Hoax Spreads on Twitter | NowPublic News Coverage www.nowpublic.com...

At least finish reading the article before posting complete hogwash, it makes you look silly. You obviously fell for a hoax, one you really want to believe to be true, but still a hoax

So far I'm not impressed, nothing you posted comes even close to the things FOX did recently...apart from the fake news report in 1989, 22 years ago. I really hope you find something more recent, because so far it seems confirmed that FOX "News" is FAR worse than the others...at least if the above represents the worst cases

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Oh god, now you're posting birther crap

Here's all you need to know, and it shows that CNN spoke the truth about the certificate:

FactCheck.org was invited to view the Obama campaign's hard copy of the candidate's Certification of Live Birth and concluded:

FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the U.S.A. just as he has always said.

LINK

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Thousands of people die in countries with "socialized healthcare".... You obviously left out the parts that they gave as an example that the reason for a man dying was a lie done by CNN...

Try adding together how many people die of health related problems in several countries that add up all their citizens together to 300 million plus...

The rest, you just made EXCUSES for CNN...

As for where Obama was born, his grandmother, AND EVEN HIS WIFE mentioned he wasn't born in the U.S...

www.youtube.com...=86
If there was any REAL proof then why does this happen?...

Retired JAG Officer Says Judge’s Ruling Against Discovery for Lakin Could Derail Case Based on Legal Precedent
Posted by Jack Minor • September 10, 2010 •

By Jack Minor

A retired JAG officer with over 23 years of experience, says the military judge who ruled against discovery for a Greeley Army officer may have derailed the government’s case based on precedent from another high profile case involving a military officer.
Lt. Col John Eidsmoe, a retired Air Force officer who works for former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore at the Foundation for Moral Law, said Lakin is “raising legitimate constitutional questions” regarding President Obama’s eligibility to be commander-in-chief.
Eidsmoe said the issue has been around for several years and was first raised by Phillip Berg, a liberal Democrat who was a Hillary Clinton supporter.
“If he is a legitimate citizen of the United States, he could easily clear that up just by releasing the information to prove it,” Eidsmoe said “When the national interest is at stake, he has a duty to put personal feelings aside and show us he’s legitimate, if he is.”

www.greeleygazette.com...

Sorry, but it doesn't add up.

edit on 22-2-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join