It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX NEWS Caught Distorting Reaction to Ron Pauls CPAC Win

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mrMasterJoe

That's Bill Hemmer, the smug FOX News journalist. Bio here: www.foxnews.com...=h-l

Contact information here (I didn't try it, but my database is mostly reliable): [email protected]

Here's a FOX executive who may answer to why this video was manipulated:
John Moody, Senior Vice President of News: [email protected]
edit on 16-2-2011 by Jason88 because: more content

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Knowing that ALL media outlets twist the the truth to suit their needs, this comes as no surprise? However, I didn't get to view either of the CPACS. So with that, are you the OP suggesting that they filtered out the real response to Ron Pauls candidacy with a negative response from the crowd from another convention? In other words, " tape dubbed " a " booing crowd " to Ron Pauls win?

I'm not questioning your position, and it would come as no surprise if they did " tape dubbed " a response to boost their ratings. I'm just trying to understand or at the very least get on the same page. The video you posted, I guess I don't understand what your claiming.

If anyone can shed some light that would be greatly appreciated.

---------------------
The CPAC announcer is wearing a lanyard (around his neck) in 2010 and IS NOT wearing one in 2011...that is very obvious! Fox used the audience reaction that really occurred in 2010 (lanyard showing) as the same reaction in 2011, where the announcer is NOT wearing the lanyard... I hope I've been clear as to Fox's deception...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
Because Fox News is as much of a state manipulated news agency as CNN or MSNBC, they just lean a different political stroke to comfort peoples world views.

That's what happens when government facilitates and nurtures the growth of corporations; it starts from within, and then overgrows the host.

I didn't know that Rupert Murdoch and News Corps were considered "state" actors. They are cold-blooded corporate powerhouses bent on pushing their own agenda. They get away with manipulating the news because people who watch Fox News don't care.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I've sent this video to a local journalist to see if he'll write about it in the local paper (Austin Statesman). I suggest you all do the same. Just open up the paper, pick a column, and find the email address of the author at the bottom.

This needs media attention...AGAINST FOX!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
double post
edit on 16-2-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
just out of curiosity, is mr. paul still calling for taking away the pensions of retired military? cause, dang, my hubby went thru hell for that and so did the rest of his family (including me).

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
It's abuse of freedom of speech and freedom of press as far as I'm concerned. Isn't the very definition of news that is something factual?

Yes.
But the definition of "Entertainment" doesn't have to be factual.

Now ask yourselves , if you were Fox News legal representation, what would be your legal terminology?

They could be forced to say "this is entertainment" 50 times a day and it wouldn't make a difference. That's like telling a person who reads the tabloids that it might be exaggerated or made up. They don't want to believe that. They choose to believe in what is fun to believe. It's an addiction to specific beneficial chemical reactions in the brain. Endorphines and adrenaline dependencies etc.

Sure we all have mental dependencies on those on-demand chemical reactions in the mind, like that "feeling" when you read a really mind blowing article about some new discovery or a story hidden away in the haystack. It's a really good feeling.

But people take advantage of that. For "entertainment". We need to learn how to temper our mental capacities and become more skeptical in order to find truth and determine lies and throw them in the garbage bin of our neurological structures in our brain. I'm not kidding, the brain is like a computer. Carl Sagan said that putting "false data" into the brain leads it to poor reactions. This is exactly what seems to be happening.

This guy seems pretty adamant we cut the cord on the machine. The people seem to understand the logic here. All around the world too. Look at how well received this man's Message is overseas. If he really pulled the plug, these people would be utterly amazed more than we would. It's their countries the empire is interfering in through subterfuge and bombing outright through war.

Turning off the Federal Govt now would pull the carpet out from under them.
Hilarious.

This is why they infiltrated and took over the tea party movement and turned it into the new "neo-conservative" movement.

The original tea party movement was based on RP's talk, pretty much. Who remembers that?

They spun that one for years. And almost no one thinks of RP when you say the tea party. They think of Sarah Palin, Glen Beck, etc. Totally unreliable sources, to say the least. Quickly flip flopping ethical standards etc, hypocrisy, ignorance, things that many moderates dislike. That tactic easily turned the words "tea party" into a distasteful, hateful idea to most people watching tv.

Over time people started believing.
If you repeat a lie enough, people start to actually believe it.
Generations come and go, but if the lie stays the same, you will win eventually.
Or so the strategy assumes.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

"[email protected]
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly"

go figure, this was the e-mail response

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

Try these addresses:

That's Bill Hemmer, the smug FOX News journalist. Bio here: www.foxnews.com...=h-l

Contact information here (I didn't try it, but my database is mostly reliable): [email protected]

Here's a FOX executive who may answer to why this video was manipulated:
John Moody, Senior Vice President of News: [email protected]

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
anybody know the answer to my question above?
does mr. paul still support taking away the retirement pensions of the military who have already retired?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thanks for those addresses. I emailed a couple of the addresses provided on Fox's site and they came back undeliverable, mailboxes full, and the comments thread on their online story is closed for your inconvenience.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I'm sure you could find that info elsewhere. That's the problem with ATS that question has nothing to do with the thread. This is about Fox not Ron Paul. How would you feel if it was you they did this too?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice that this thread, which was at the top of the New AND Hot columns, suddenly dropped off the boards? Now It's not in Firehouse either.
It is still getting flags and responses. What gives?

spec

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

Sounds like lock-down mode to me. Every high profile personality has numerous e-mail address, some private, some internal only, others only for the public. What you want is the e-mail address that shows up on his Blackberry, it could be some variation of this: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] - and so and so on. Then add in FOX the parent company and you get the e-mail extension ending in: @fox.com

Anyways, if FOX responds, which I doubt they will, it will be something along the lines of: "It is with regret that our technical director of graphics mistakenly used old footage in a recent interview with Ron Paul regarding his victory in the GOP straw poll. News host Bill Hemmer was unaware that 2010 CPAC footage was accidently used in this clip as he does not work directly with digital art department."

Side note: Sweet! With this post my chat option just opened up.

edit on 16-2-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Things can move and shift pretty quick around here.

All I can say that, at the moment, it's at the top of the "Current Member Picks" on the home page. Right there 'front & center'; so it doesn't seem like anyone is actively attempting to bury it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Okay, thanks, but it still seems odd that such an active thread would simultaneously drop from the New and Hot columns. When I go the the Political Madness forum, I notice this thread has a black vertical line to the left of it, do you know what that signifies?
Thanks
spec

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

OH ok, i didnt see that so thanks...and let me re-watch that!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
anybody know the answer to my question above?
does mr. paul still support taking away the retirement pensions of the military who have already retired?

I don't think so.

The Liberty movement has been criticizing the way the government rips off vets for years.
Meanwhile they waste all this money on totally corrupt pork barrels.

Who do you think have been some of the loudest voices backing Ron Paul? Vets.

They went to the wars, and aren't even being compensated for their sacrifice.

Here is an article written BY Ron Paul himself::
More Empty Rhetoric for Veterans by RP

Unfortunately, the trust that members of our armed forces put in their government has been breached time and time again, and the recent budget vote represents another blow to veterans. Even as we send hundreds of thousands of soldiers into Iraq, Congress can't get its priorities straight.

It's easy to talk about honoring veterans and their sacrifices, even while the federal government treats veterans badly. Congress wastes billions of dollars funding countless unconstitutional programs, but fails to provide adequately for the men and women who carry out the most important constitutional function: national defense.

And here is the clincher. This is why the troops LOVE RP's straight talk.

We can best honor both our veterans and our current armed forces by pursuing a coherent foreign policy. No veteran should ever have to look back and ask himself, "Why were we over there in the first place?" Too often history demonstrates that wars are fought for political and economic reasons, rather than legitimate national security reasons. Supporting the troops means never putting them in harm's way unless America is truly threatened.

That's the real America that the government and corporations are trying to hide.
We don't want to kill others over totally fabricated reasons.

Justice > Injustice
Prudence > False Prudence / Cunning
Forgiveness > Vengeance
Humility > Pride
Self-Governing > Governed

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I see in the news countrys like Iran and the like.
They get totaly courupt goverments.
You just dont think that your own goverment is like that!
America is just the same as China.
But China does not hide what they do.
So that would make china better than america.
You know where you stand in China.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

interesting. my hubby claims he heard that mr paul wants to cut military pensions. can you imagine what a mess that would be? 20 years of extremely dangerous slave status for nothing. literally, he had no say over his life. they could force things on him and do things to him that they couldn't do to other citizens because he signed away his rights when he joined, for the promise of a retirement after 20 years of service. and it didn't just effect him, it effected everyone in his family, including me. as a family we went thru every step of that hell, with him. some of us, moreso than others. i had to have breast cancer surgery while he was in a foreign country because they wouldn't let him stay with me. i had to get the red cross to force it and send him home. just for starters.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join