It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin D Can Help If You Have Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Getting enough Vitamin D may improve your odds of surviving certain cancers, according to a study out of the Mayo Clinic and the University of Iowa. Researchers measured blood levels of Vitamin D among 374 patients newly diagnosed with a type of cancer called diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.

They found half of those patients were deficient in Vitamin D, and the deficient patients were twice as likely to die from the disease.

"These are some of the strongest findings yet between Vitamin D and cancer outcome," said the study's lead investigator, Mayo endocrinologist Matthew Drake.

If you don’t take Vitamin D pills, just get out in the sun more. Vitamin D can be manufactured in the skin when it's exposed to sunlight.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
They state that vitamin D may increase chances of surviving once already diagnosed with cancer, but I wonder how well vitamin D protects the cells from mutating in the first place? This could be significant for those with a family history of cancer and who are at higher risk. I also would like to find out if the risk of devoloping cancer is more likely in winter months when there is less sunshine than in spring and summer. Need to follow the research on vitamin D as more and more studies seem to be coming out on it .Good information, thanks for posting!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
So what u said is sunshine could cure cancer?

I dont buy this..

join