It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Minorities get most Govt and State Jobs?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm more upset that your favorite show is family guy.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
gemini I saw what you said right from your first post.You were expressing your opinion about what you had observed with your own eyes.I don't see how people who have posted here can call you out with nationally based statistics, when you said right from the start that you were speaking about a local observation.I can see nothing in any of your postings that would indicate that you are a racist.I am thinking that some of the people responding to you have their own agendas and are trying to call you out to get you to respond in a "not nice way".I think you have handled their ignorant rants well.I see no reason for you to supply statistics when you have stated that what you say is opinion based on personal observation.I have observed much the same thing in my part of New York State.I have no explaination for you as to why this is.It just seems to be.As for the high unemployment for blacks I think that many of them were employed in manufacturing jobs and we all know where those jobs went.Many of my black friends are out of work for that very reason.And how did this become about whites and blacks ? You said minorities .Last I knew there were many different minorities besides blacks.My personal experience has been that the person who is the first to cry racist usually is the racist and does that to cover the fact.
edit on 2/16/2011 by lonegurkha because: Lord please help me to learn to spell

Lonegurkha: Thank you very much for understanding me correctly. I too feel that certain individuals have rushed into this thread in order it encourage an emotional response out of me. It simply wont happen.

Yes you are very correct, the first few lines of my OP state that this thread is based on my direct observations.
As Ive said before, I do not trust any published govt statistics, because this is what they WANT the public to see.

In my opinion, official statistics are coming from the PTB, the same ones who control the MSM, and therefore are inherently deceiving, as history has shown us.

Gee, I wonder what better way to shut people up about speaking on this topic, by publishing doctored statistics that are the OPPOSITE of what one can observe happening all around him.

Just like underground videos of the death toll in Iraq, are NOT SUPPORTED by the official published statistics, It would do us all good to question the status quo.

And let me add 1 more job category where I have seen 8 out of 10 minority's employed, TSA AGENTS!

--GS

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Originally posted by maria_stardust
reply to post by GeminiSky

Overall, the numbers don't match your claim. It's still just your personal opinion, not a fact.

So keep chanting your mantra over and over -- just remember, it won't change the reality.

This?? coming from a Super Moderator?? wow.
apparently, you skimmed right over the second sentence in the OP ... no one claimed his Observations were fact. but again, since empirical evidence is based on observation, where does that leave the OP with regard to fact?

5yr old stats Hardly represent the employment conditions of today.
and, as a southern observer, i can corroborate most of the OPs observations from below the Mason Dixon line. Perhaps there are many cities who do not share the same composition, but that doesn't invalidate the OPs observations.

Shame on you for jumping in with such a vitriolic contribution. And you are correct, it doesn't change the reality one bit.

I too was taken aback by this reply coming from a so called "super mod"

To me such a response can only be expected from a heavily conditioned person, one that will turn a blind eye to the truth in order to be part of the politically correct, herd mentality.

Again, not sure why my thread triggered such an off-putting response.

--GS

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I don't know how it works in the states but here in Canada the government must hire a certain % of visible minorities (can't remember the exact number, sorry). I believe in true equality, no race based privileges for any skin color. People should be hired purely based on merit, not skin color.

S&F

]
edit on 16-2-2011 by Darkmask because: brain fart

edit on 16-2-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
As an American in 2011, I say who the hell cares?

I'm hard pressed to find help that even speaks proper English nowadays! I don't have time to speculate as to why the lady at DMV is black. She speaks perfect English and that's dam well good enough for me.
edit on 16-2-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by delicatessen

Originally posted by GeminiSky
Why do I need luck with this thread? Because Im one of the few who do not care about being "politically correct" and tell it like it is?

I for one am tired of people having to tip-toe around any subject that discusses issues such as this, just because we are so conditioned in regards to so called "racism" that things like this never get discussed because the sheeple are too afraid of being called racist. (Even if there is nothing racist about it)

--GS

so you are saying you are "politically incorrect" aka "brave"? if that was the case you would have titled the thread "Why do AFRICAN AMERICANS get most Govt and State Jobs?". guess saying "Minorities" is much less offensive than saying "African Americans". PC people don't associate blacks with anything slightly negative. if you were even less PC the title would have been "Why do BLACKS get most Govt and State Jobs?". and the N-word is reserved for the plain racist.

Your reply is filled with gross assumptions. Again another person trying to generate some kind of emotional response, so you call all jump on the racist band wagon. If I was referring to blacks only, I would have titled the thread appropriately, therefore no, this is not about blacks in particular but all minority's who are being awarded these state jobs.

I just felt that saying minorities in the title was easier than naming all minority races in the title (would make it rather long don't you think?)

--GS

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
The title of your post has no evidence to back it up.

I personally believe you don't know what your talking about.

I work in a service sector job where I visit hundreds of different buildings every year, and I just don't agree with what you are talking about.

And I simply dont agree with you either. Thank you for your opinion.

--GS

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Seeing that your thread is not fact based, I will add my own opinion to yours.

In the north east when the economy was booming white people didn't want to work for the government. Most white males wanted a shot at job titles like investment banker, lawyer, accountant, and manager (C-suite to mid level) because they all wanted to try to climb the pyramid scheme of capitalism and get rich in their 30s and retire. The government jobs were for suckers who had to put in at least 30 solid years of bureaucracy and monotony.

Most very old white republicans companies in NYC still (2011) do not hire blacks. They only hire one or two minorities at entry-level positions and then will not promote them so they will eventually decide to quit and never become upper management. They recycle minorities at the entry-level positions or keep a largely black clerical or blue collar staff to appear to be diverse. The professional services company that I work for has like 50% black secretarys and 75% blacks working in security and the copier and mail rooms.

I am sure when their clients ask whether or not they are diverse, they show their stats but the clients will never see any minority staff unless they speifically ask for a diverse team. In those rare instances, they send out their token entry-level staff and treat them really nice in front of the clients. LOL so wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask

I don't know how it works in the states but here in Canada the government must hire a certain % of visible minorities (can't remember the exact number, sorry). I believe in true equality, no race based privileges for any skin color. People should be hired purely based on merit, not skin color.

S&F

Things are similar here in the states. Even when not dictated by federal law, a lot of unions demand that a certain number of public contracts must go to minority owned contractors or the union will not support the job. So much for trying to get the best work done at the best price.

In regards to who cares, well I do. I've seen the positive and negative sides of being a minority in my field of work. My interest in the federal government's hiring practices is based on the growing number of public sector workers vs the shrinking number of private sector workers, and what could amount to a new form of serfdom requiring that government workers continue to support legislation that grow the government sector for fear of losing their job.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Anecdotal observational evidence by a biased observer? That's the only evidence I need to reach a conclusion. I think systematic surveys of real-world demographics are overrated and time-consuming. Really, what's the point of collecting statistically significant data from multiple sites when I can just go to the post office every couple months and look around? The OP's clearly disconcerted that his local environment contains more minorities then he'd like but taking issue with someone's mere presence based solely upon their skin color is certainly not racist.

Please explain how am I biased, At this point what you are saying is filled with assumptions. My thread is based on personal observations, and it seems that Im not the only one who has noticed what is happening around him.

Again I could not care less about skin color or race. What I do care about is equality. Not just for the minorities but the majority as well. After all thats what Equality means right? ALL men created equal?

Please explain your assumptions, if you would like your reply to be taken seriously.

---GeminiSky
edit on 16-2-2011 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Bkrmn

Just remember your frustration is not really with the Indians. It is with your leaders.

Racism is encouraged and fostered by the elite. If we are fighting amongst ourselves, we cannot unite against the wealthy and fight for our common interests. ALL poor people have more in common with other poor people, no matter what their skin color, than they do with the wealthy of their own ethnicity.

Yes Yes and Yes, completely agree. Again I would like to restate that my issue is not with minorities themselves, but with the system!

I sometimes wonder if this is all meant to divide and conquer, and turn us all against eachother...

--GS

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

S&F

Sorry this was actually a reply to the original post.

What I dont understand is why there a division forming between people on this forum...ones who wholeheartedly agree with my observations, and others who simply say that what we are seeing DOES NOT EXIST.

I smell dis-info...

--GS

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I think for CERTAIN it is meant to divide and conquer. The elite have been playing this game for thousands of years. It is very easy to get the poor to turn on one another. Lack of resources causes stress levels to rise, and higher stress causes more aggression. Who do you attack? The people close to you, who the media is telling you is responsible for your suffering.

We are totally being manipulated.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I too was taken aback by this reply coming from a so called "super mod"

Why would you be taken aback by a response pointing out the difference between perception and reality.

You have repeatedly stated that you believe your casual observations are proof that ethnic minorities hold most Federal and State jobs. Recent data has shown that your premise is false -- hence, the perception/reality dichotomy.

By the way, my mod status has nothing to do with any stance I choose to take -- nor, does my ethnicity (I still can't believe you attempted to pull that stunt). Nice try at deflection though.

To me such a response can only be expected from a heavily conditioned person, one that will turn a blind eye to the truth in order to be part of the politically correct, herd mentality.

Ah, we're back to the insults again. How quaint.

You make a premise that has been proven false by verifiable data and you accuse others who don't share your views as being "blind" and part of a "herd mentality."

If you want to stick steadfastly to your claim, then by all means back it up with solid data. That's all you really have to do. At the moment though you're clinging to a sinking ship.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz

I'm not sure why this isn't in the rant section but I'll bite.
Have you noticed that every single job you named are the labor jobs?
Now do you know why white people aren't in them?
Tell you 2 little stories. I live in Washington DC and I am black. I don't work for the government city nor federal. Why? Because everyone from MD and VA are in those jobs and there IS supposed to be a quota on how many DC residents work in their own city. Try that one. And-
Been working temp since my accident because of all this mess with hiring in DC and was working for DHS. They told us that they could't hire for my job because it was a "special contract" job - apparently they claimed that they had a small disadvantaged business iniciative so they had to reserve certain jobs so others can work. On the last 5 days of my contract a blonde haired blue eye guy came in for me to train. He was there for 4 hrs when he asked me "why don't they hire for your job again?" I told him what I was told and he huffed and went down the hall. About an hour later as I was coming down the hall from the boss's office, he burst through the double doors saying "bye you can have this *(^%$& " and he stormed out.
He was pissed because they offered him the job w/o so much as seeing if he could do the job
and this was the kicker:
he was a light skinned black.
Any questions?

DaWhiz:

I dont want any proof friend. I believe you. And that should not have happened. This unfair system goes both ways. We are all affected by it, both whites, blacks, and everyone in between.

I just dont understand why you assumed that simply because a job is a labor job, that no white person would want to work it, and all blacks would. Isn't that assumption racial in itself?

We have both blacks and whites working all kinds of blue and white collar jobs today.

--GS

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I think those of minority status just don't want to admit to having the advantage. Some people just need to lighten up and be able to have a civil debate without taking offence to differing opinions.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

I don't have to provide any kind of data. This thread is based on my personal observations. Why is this hard for you to grasp?

I do not acknowledge your data and statistics for the reasons stated earlier which in my view invalidate all publicly available statistics published by our deceiving elite (reasons which you conveniently skipped over and have not acknowledged)

Therefore the dated pie charts, statistics, and all the other PTB created MSM garbage mean NOTHING TO ME.

I will tell you what matters to me, its what I experience as the reality around me. Look around, I am not the only one on this "sinking ship"

---GeminiSky

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I think those of minority status just don't want to admit to having the advantage. Some people just need to lighten up and be able to have a civil debate without taking offence to differing opinions.

I think you may be right on target with this observation. Of course in spirits of giving all people the benefit of a doubt, I truly hope you are wrong.... After all, I am trying my best to remain civil here, why cant others do the same?

----GS

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You're spot on with that one. You can look at all the eo recruitment reports and see that the neat little graphs with the percentage of a demographic in the census, and the percentage of that demographic hired by the federal government. While some people are unable to look at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and guess what's next in the pattern, I think most people can notice a trend.

It's no reason for people to get their panties in a bunch. You can look at statistics for almost anything and see that demographic groups are almost always overrepresented or underrepresented. Take the average of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. It's 4, but only one number in that string is 4, every other number is over or under.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Around 1970s the Post Office used to give a test to determine who they would hire. Vets would get 5 extra points I think. It was
definitely an IQ test. My cousin took it and scored about 99.
I didnt score that high. My cousin ,IQ about 135+ got a degree in Computers,flew a copter for the coast guard and worked for MS,even taught some computer classes. There were mostly white folks working there in the PO back then.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join