It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filmmaker Discovers Nazi 3-D Movies From the 1930s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Filmmaker Discovers Nazi 3-D Movies From the 1930s

www.wired.com

Decades before Hollywood shlockmeisters rolled out their gimmicky spectacles in the mid-’50s, Nazi filmmakers made 3-D propaganda film...

...Mora told Variety the 3-D Nazi movies..."[were] referred to as raum film — or space film — which may be why no one ever realized since that they were 3-D

"..the quality of the films is fantastic,” Mora said. “The Nazis were obsessed with recording everything and every single image was controlled..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/15/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It would be very interesting to see these.

Although this article has the word "Nazi" in the title, I find it of interest not due to the fact that the technology emerged under that particular regime, but simply because I had no idea the technology to do this existed anywhere in the world in the 1930s. So I don't see much of a "political" angle to this story, although doubtless others will.

Personally, the article makes me wonder why the potentials of this were not explored in greater depth (pardon the pun) until the 1950s. And I wonder what other technologies were discovered and forgotten before being adopted for widespread use years or even decades later...as well as what technology may be known but dormant in our own time.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/15/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I can't believe that ,3D movie in that time? It is really amazing if it is true.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The Nazis really had some amazing technology for their time.

Though I am not surprised considering the amount of corporate funding they had

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I find that hard to believe

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Stereography has been around since the mid 1800's.

That's generally the reason why a lot of people see it as a gimmick. It comes and goes, and it realy isn't new at all.

It doesn't surprise me at all that the Nazis had 3-D film in the 1930s. Any technology that can be applied to photographs can generally be applied to film.

It's interesting, but it sounds a little like someone is trying to hype something overly ... perhaps the film maker wants to make money out of this.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Pinke because: last sentece

top topics

join