It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think this Gold Rush has been about?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
reply to post by badgerprints

I posted this on another thread and will say the same thing here ...Babylon has fallen Babylon has fallen ...and the merchants mourned because nobody bought and sold no more ....peace

The actual quote is:

9“When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her. 10Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry:
“‘Woe! Woe, O great city,
O Babylon, city of power!
In one hour your doom has come!’
11“The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes any more— 12cargoes of gold, silver, precious stones and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet cloth; every sort of citron wood, and articles of every kind made of ivory, costly wood, bronze, iron and marble; 13cargoes of cinnamon and spice, of incense, myrrh and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, of fine flour and wheat; cattle and sheep; horses and carriages; and bodies and souls of men.

If that is true then it does not imply the United States because the United States doesn't manufacture anything anymore. This would more accurately describe China at this point.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

So did ya sell out? Follow the info at bestmetalresearch
I think you will see $60 Silver by July this year

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by redgreen
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

So did ya sell out? Follow the info at bestmetalresearch
I think you will see $60 Silver by July this year

First, let me admit that I am very much a silverbug. That said, $60/oz silver spells very, very bad things for the US and the rest of the world. I'd rather forgo the "I told you so's" and my own "self-congratulatory pats on the back" that I could definitely trumpet for being a fan of silver, for some stability and hope for the future.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What do you think this Gold Rush has been about?

Some of us have families to protect from the inevitable rise in consumer costs...and not just in the US. I have always maintained that the parabolic phase in this market, when it finally arrives, will be driven by Asian investment interest, including by 1.3 billion Chinese.

ChinaDaily
Malls witnessing gold rush as shoppers fear inflation

Jewelers at shopping malls across the capital are witnessing a gold rush as residents spooked by inflation fears look to protect their money.

Statistics from Beijing Caibai, the city's largest jewelry store, show sales of gold and other jewelry have totaled about 4 billion yuan so far this year, a 70-percent increase year-on-year.

Wang Chunli, general manager, told METRO that hundreds of customers are lining up outside every day to buy gold accessories, such as necklaces and rings. To cope with demand, the store has even introduced a string-weave service, she said, adding: "We've also arranged experienced staff to be on duty and increased the number of security guards."

After seeing the enthusiasm for gold investment, insiders predict prices will continue to rise this year.

Zhou Xiangrui, deputy general manager of Guo Hua, an established gold and jewelry store, even suggested that the surging demand could set a new record, saying: "The price is estimated to increase by 10 percent this year."

Link

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join