It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Stomach Ailment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I was just wondering if anyone else has ever felt really hungry, but when they try to eat it makes them almost nauseous to eat? I was hungry and just walked down to McDonald's for something to eat and walked back home. I have been feeling all that well and pretty sure I have a sinus infection. Anyway after getting home I sat down to eat and suddenly I just felt sick to my stomach and hungry at the same time.

The only things I can think of that might contribute to this are that I already had a bit of indigestion or heartburn from earlier. I was really winded on my walk because of the congestion I have been having. Finally it was really really warm in my apt because it got to like 60 today and I had the heat on all day, so I got home and walked into what was really warm to the point I turned the heaters off.

So I am wondering is this something that could have been caused by the above or should I be concerned about something like a heart attack?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

People have no concept of the fact that what they are putting in their mouth is poison.

We have become sess pools in dire need of cleansing practices.

Drink water, eat salads for a few days, flush your sinus's with a netti pot.

Do NOT eat McDonalds.

For the love of God, take care of yourself. City living is hard on the body, we need to help it out.

If you feel pain in your chest, do not go to sleep, get checked out.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Yea I was in a hurry and dont' have any food at home right now because I haven't been out much and I was starving and sadly still feel hungry now lol. I just lost the interest in eating. I dont know what it was my friend was saying it was probably the heat. I tend to not eat fast food all that much maybe it was just the fast food that did it?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

dude,, you described all MY symptoms..

thought i had sinus problems,, acid reflux want to eat -- but dont want to, at the same time..

feel bloated.. wheezy strange goo coming out of my eyes,, body aches
strange twitches..

what IS going on??

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
You should get checked out for a peptic ulcer..As a ulcer makes your stomach growl, You feel hungry, but after you eat..or even while you eat, You get sick to your stomach..

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

I could see that, because I have had heartburn/indigestion problems for awhile, but I also will get a stomach ache when taking some medications which I have heard is another sign of ulcers.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Phantom, I used to have similar feelings of hunger which turned to nausea when I tried to eat. This continued off-and-on for little more than two years. I had been to the hospital numerous times, mainly because of sharp pains that I was also experiencing in my abdomen from time to time. Eventually, I saw the right doctor who detected a blockage in the lower portion of my large intestine. That blockage turned out to be a cancerous tumor.

You mentioned indigestion. That was one of the symptoms that I was dealing with, as was exhaustion.

After my surgery (I am cancer free now), a friend came to me describing the same symptoms that he was now dealing with. I urged him to go to the hospital for a checkup. Two days later, he contacted me and said that he had esophageal (probably spelled wrong) cancer. Fortunately, his cancer was caught in time and his life spared - though after two years he still cannot eat.

I'm not trying to scare you, but if you continue to experience these symptoms then you should probably go see a gastroenterologist and find out what is wrong. Remember, feelings of nausea, weakness, etc. are ways of your body telling you that something is not right.

Good luck to you.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
reply to post by TechVampyre

I could see that, because I have had heartburn/indigestion problems for awhile, but I also will get a stomach ache when taking some medications which I have heard is another sign of ulcers.

Yes indigestion/heartburn medication's can make the symptoms worse..you should check out www.webmd.com... If you have any of these symptoms you should get checked out, As peptic ulcers could lead to stomach cancer.. if they go untreated..

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I concur with Gradius Maximus. Stop eating Mc D's! Simply put, it is poison. If you have a habit of eating fast/low quality food, health issues could easily develop.

I believe I have felt something similar to what you are feeling. If its any solace, it came and went a few times before and it hasn't bothered me in a very long time. Hard to say exactly what it could be, many things display similar symptoms. As a general rule, treat your body and mind right and things tend to get better. If it persists, talk to a doctor. Their diagnosis is not infallible and I would suggest looking for info on the net as well as monitoring A. What you eat. B. How you've been sleeping. and C. Any drugs you may be taking.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Underworlds

Well this isn't really a regular occurrence in fact this is the first time this has happened. That is why I posted my mom actually just told me last night that she was sure I would have a heart attack someday cause of the way I eat. Lack of vegetables etc... Anyway, more then anything I was worried this was maybe a heart attack or prelude to one.

I will check out the ulcer thing though because that I could see. I don't know I am paranoid by nature when it comes to my health. Anyway it seems to have gotten better now and now I am just starving lol. So I am going to find something to eat now that I have thrown the McDonalds stuff away lol.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
reply to post by Underworlds

Well this isn't really a regular occurrence in fact this is the first time this has happened. That is why I posted my mom actually just told me last night that she was sure I would have a heart attack someday cause of the way I eat. Lack of vegetables etc... Anyway, more then anything I was worried this was maybe a heart attack or prelude to one.

I will check out the ulcer thing though because that I could see. I don't know I am paranoid by nature when it comes to my health. Anyway it seems to have gotten better now and now I am just starving lol. So I am going to find something to eat now that I have thrown the McDonalds stuff away lol.

Good call on throwing out the mcDonalds..Now it's were it belongs..In the trash!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You are what you eat - This isnt just a cute saying.

Wash your food, love your food, buy stuff with meaning.

Be creative, dont just brown a pound of grown beef and pour in white noodles with a soup mix.

Eat food that is alive - and you will stay alive, much much longer and in a healthier way.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Congratulations on making that important move of chunking the junk from McD's. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better, but still do yourself a favor and follow through with a check-up. It is always better to be safe than sorry, and in the end the only person that can really take care of your body and your health is you.

top topics

join