It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding the Corporate Shadow Government Made Easy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baguette
I have heard about the economic hitmen before. Infact I think I first heard about it in the...second? Zeitgeist.

Anyway, if he is saying we went into Iraq because the "Jackals" failed to kill him. Then what about the claims that we went into Iraq because Saddam was going to start trading in Euros?
edit on 15-2-2011 by Baguette because: (no reason given)

One doesn't contradict the other, they could have very well sent the Jackals because he was planning or attempting to trade in Euros and then sent the military in when they were unable to depose him.

Personally I think it was just the west taking over the Iraqi oil fields the third known largest reserves in the world under any pretext that they could invent.

It was obviously planned out years before the Weapons of Mass Destruction lie and 9-11 because Haliburton had all the equipment ready to roll on their 1 million dollar a day no bid contract to replace and then run the infrastructure destoryed in the invasion.

Thanks for posting and sharing your thoughts on it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I am glad to see that Smedley Butler was referenced in relation to the OP. The OP describes, in detail, the racket that Butler referred to. Great examples of this are the Phillipines and Haiti.

Great OP. And it is good to see JPZ in here participating.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I am glad to see that Smedley Butler was referenced in relation to the OP. The OP describes, in detail, the racket that Butler referred to. Great examples of this are the Phillipines and Haiti.

Great OP. And it is good to see JPZ in here participating.

Poor Smedley a lot of his critics claimed he was making up stories about the White House Coup and War as a Racket because he was passed up for Marine Core Commadant a job he was actually entitled to. At the time he was the most decorate Marine that ever lived and second in rank only to the Commadant of the Marine Core.

The campaign in the Phillipines was a very brutal one. CNN did a piece on it not too long ago, where they suggested that similiar tactics of killing and burning everything in sight would ultimately be needed to quell the resistance in Afghanistan.

He led a fascinating life, and despite the controversy surrounding his claims Roosevelt telephoned the family to personally extend his condolences when he died, so I think that says a lot about his claims, both as far as the White House Coup attempt and the War as a Racket speech he delivered to Congress.

You can thank Aquarius1 for both the video and bringing up Major General Butler, and inviting Jean Paul to the thread, who is always a stellar addition to any deep conversation.

The video is pretty simple, which is it's beauty.

Because I work at home and my clients sometimes pop in to drop off orders or to pick them up, I often kidnap them for short presentations to open up their eyes to things, and this is a great short little presentation to show to people just to get them started down the path.

Thanks for posting my friend.

I appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
For those interested this will give somewhat of an idea of what Butler was talking about in part in War as a Racket

The Banana WarsButler participated in a series of occupations, police actions, and interventions by the United States in Central America and the Caribbean, commonly called the Banana Wars because their goal was to protect American commercial interests in the region, particularly those of the United Fruit Company. This company had significant financial stakes in the production of bananas, tobacco, sugar cane, and other products throughout the Caribbean, Central America and the northern portions of South America. The U.S. was also trying to advance its own political interests by maintaining its influence in the region and especially its control of the Panama Canal. These interventions started with the Spanish–American War in 1898 and ended with the withdrawal of troops from Haiti and President Franklin D. Roosevelt's Good Neighbor Policy in 1934.[11] After his retirement, Butler became an outspoken critic of the business interests in the Caribbean, criticizing the ways in which U.S. businesses and Wall Street bankers imposed their agenda on United States foreign policy during this period.[12]

en.wikipedia.org...

As far as the Powers that Be...

Claims of the Business PlotIn November 1934, Butler alleged the existence of a political conspiracy of Wall Street interests to overthrow President Roosevelt, a series of allegations that came to be known in the media as the Business Plot.[53][54] A special committee of the House of Representatives headed by Representatives John W. McCormack of Massachusetts and Samuel Dickstein of New York, who was later revealed to have been a paid agent of the NKVD,[55] heard his testimony in secret.[56] The McCormack-Dickstein committee was a precursor to the House Committee on Un-American Activities.

In November 1934, Butler told the committee that a group of businessmen, claiming to be backed by a private army of 500,000 ex-soldiers and others, intended to establish a fascist dictatorship. Butler had been asked to lead it, he said, by Gerald P. MacGuire, a bond salesman with Grayson M–P Murphy & Co. The New York Times reported that Butler had told friends that General Hugh S. Johnson, a former official with the National Recovery Administration, was to be installed as dictator. Butler said MacGuire had told him the attempted coup was backed by three million dollars, and that the 500,000 men were probably to be assembled in Washington, D.C. the following year. All the parties alleged to be involved, including Johnson, said there was no truth in the story, calling it a joke and a fantasy.[56]

One heck of a joke to play on a guy who had been awarded not one but two Congressional Medals of Honor and fought in six wars and 10 battles.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks for clearing that up for me before Proto. The difference between the administrative shadow and the corporate shadow I mean. I was still checking this topic out and found a couple of videos that are pretty interesting to say the least. The guy mentions Bush's continuance of government plan.

I found much longer videos about confessions of an economic hit man, but they are too long. Short and sweet here.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Wow this has really opened my eyes!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by uncuuncu

I see you are a very new member. Welcome to ATS. You definately want to have your eyes open around here.

Well unless listening to ATS Radio.

Then you will want to open your ears.

But it pays always to have an open mind.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I found much longer videos about confessions of an economic hit man, but they are too long. Short and sweet here.

Perkins the creator of the video in the opening piece has a number of other Economic Hitmen videos and presentations that are much longer and go into great detail.

I felt good about this one because it is short and doesn't take a whole lot of time to watch or ask the person to wrap their mind around a lot of difficult scenarios that often happens when people base an opening piece and thread off a video.

If you click on the link that allows you to watch this on YouTube instead of ATS I believe the page has a number of other Perkins videos on it too.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Excellent video, short, simple and to the point. There is a lot more to it but it covers one of the main problems going on. As for some good news, the G20 has recently taken over policy control of the IMF from the CFR and work is starting towards a more stable economy. It does make you sad and angry when seeing how much needless looting and destruction is going on due to the wants of a few. The issues of corporate responsibility are gaining strength and with videos like this it does show just how vital that more integrity is put into the system.

The introduction of free energy is going to be a real game changer, it does look like the oil industry is losing its grip on the market and quite a few different devices are starting to emerge.
edit on 16-2-2011 by kwakakev because: added bit about free energy

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Maybe i have been conditioned too well by the powers running my country, but i honestly cannot see any future where sheople will actually stand up and say "you know what i'm sick of this crap we need new leadership" Our puppeteers have the population so perfectly supplicated that there is no ongoing underlying major anger issue (aka Egypt) that would make the people suddenly snap for change. Aside from like others have said pole shift, loss of electricity etc, there will be no changes. I feel sad because of this, i love my country and the people but i hate the people running the show, they spend money like it's monopoly money and are not accountable for anything that happens, thus mediocrity rules

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

That's very optimistic, we sure do have a lot of broken and badly damaged systems that need repaired/replaced with something more honest.

It's a cause for concern though to some when the people attempting to do the repairs and replacements are the same people who broke, damaged or otherwise corrupted the existing systems.

Hopefully energy stops being used as an other form of tax, sucking up huge portions of the household budget and wage.

History shows they tend to hold hope in regard to some of these things like a carrot on a stick dangling ever so slightly out of reach.

Hopefully this will not be the case here.

Thanks my friend, for posting and sharing.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scaledown
Maybe i have been conditioned too well by the powers running my country, but i honestly cannot see any future where sheople will actually stand up and say "you know what i'm sick of this crap we need new leadership" Our puppeteers have the population so perfectly supplicated that there is no ongoing underlying major anger issue (aka Egypt) that would make the people suddenly snap for change. Aside from like others have said pole shift, loss of electricity etc, there will be no changes. I feel sad because of this, i love my country and the people but i hate the people running the show, they spend money like it's monopoly money and are not accountable for anything that happens, thus mediocrity rules

Media, Politicians and Schools tend to teach people how to ascribe to or gravitate towards the lowest possible common denominator.

Once there peer pressure through design or accident keeps most people continuing to subscribe to the lowest possible common denominator.

The Internet and Social Networking is having an impact on that though, as people take the time to educate themselves by rejecting traditional news sources, and start to form new peer groups when they don't feel so isolated and under so much pressure when peer pressure is brought to bear.

It's not an overnight process, The Powers that Be relentlessly operate their media 24/7, the schools 365, and the politicians slanting and distorting the events as they happen.

So it takes a lot of effort on the part of people who want to promote change to keep chipping away at that stone.

A lot of people are more open minded and aware than you would imagine, but getting them out of their normal social groupings to where they feel comfortable talking about it and learning more is a big first step, so they can arm themselves with enough information to go back into those same social groupings, defy the peer pressures of the war mongering know it all, the pessimist, the blind optimist etc, and start educating others.

Eventually it takes reaching a critical mass, so it's a numbers game, and while we measure things far to often in total and overall victory, and various forms of instant gratification, one of the easiest ways to gratify yourself along that slow but worthwhile path is to concentrate on one individual at a time, in helping them learn.

One of the things I have found out through trying to help people learn is if they are curious they are going to want some information on how to find out more for themselves after you get done talking about it.

So have some links, some videos, some names of some books, and organizations that you can steer people too.

Ultimately they are going to go into their own social groups and try to convince people and they need support and quality information to do that.

Try to approach the whole process like Johnny Appleseed, spreading seeds when and where you can and trying to do it in a way that they might later grow.

It can happen if people try.

Heck if aspiring to the highest possible common denominator was easy, the world would be a much different place.

Luck is when determination meets opportunity with a critical eye towards timing.

Timing is the same thing that the Powers that Be do, if you know they are purposefully falsifying the meaning of a world event that's currently playing all over the news and people are paying attention to that event, be there too with your critical take on it and what you feel is the truth, so you can inform people when their interest and emotions are running high.

Fight smart, fight good and it can all turn around, it just takes time, and dedication.

Thanks my friend.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this! It helped me realized a few things!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

whether you agree or don't your government has the plan to invade war and poverty to other countries.

i don't blame you but you should know that a elite group (call themselves) of people are trying to take the most

power and sources out of this planet.

a new kind of war is being formed.they think that they are a big trucks going down a road and if some other species cross the road and hit the car doesn't matter.

America should stop invading and pressing middle east countries.

and people in USA should learn that they should try hard to get to some thing instead of burning oil of other countries.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

I ride a bicycle and the only thing I burn is calories. It was seeing what Shell was doing in Nigeria as far as having political leaders assassinated who wanted to clean up the toxic dumping it was doing that made me finally decide I didn't want the oil companies making any more money off of me.

Sadly the wars don't stop with oil, as opium and copper fuel the occupation of Afghanistan, bananas and rubber caused dozens of conflicts to be fought by the U.S. Marines 90-100 years ago, pinapples in Hawaii, tin in Vietnam, sugar in Cuba and the list goes on and on.

Oil is the most vital thing for the Shadow government to control because it's needed to run industrialized and mechanized infrastructures the world over.

Control the oil, and you control every nation that needs it to fuel it's industry.

Getting people to look past religious differences, prejudices, and distortions in the media that are designed to silently play on them to support these wars is the hard task, and a lot of people are trying, so there is hope.

Thanks for posting my friend.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spydaman13
Thanks for posting this! It helped me realized a few things!

Your welcome and I am glad to hear that.

Show it to some friends if you can and spread it around.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Good find. This short video pretty much says it all in a nutshell and everyone needs to view it so I'll add my S&F if for no other reason than to bump this thread along. Thanks!

edit on 16-2-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Good find. This short video pretty much says it all in a nutshell and everyone needs to view it so I'll add my S&F if for no other reason than to bump this thread along. Thanks!

edit on 16-2-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

Thanks my friend, I and I think a whole lot of other people would appreciate that.

Short and effective presentations like this video go along way in helping people begin to piece two and two together.

Great of you to join in and give it a boost.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I sincerely hope that everyone understood the quasi-irony in my last statement, because unfortunately...

the statement is true.
The pyramid structure that is manipulated social engineering is a corporate structure. It is pure fascism.
Or corporatism. The US Constitution mandates that a corporation make the most money for share holders, in spite of any ethical concerns.

That is the entire point behind a Limited Liability Corporation.
And we my friends live in one big gigantic corporation that employs us all, whether we like it or not.
If we try to live outside the system, then we can technically be prosecuted by the trading with the enemy act.

(Granted, it's a long shot, but modern jurisprudence is a web of deceit, and attorneys are nothing but glorified court clerks that follow the protocol of the judge's courtroom in question)

This system, or matrix if you want to be all pop culture, was here before me. I was born into this and for me to effect change, singly, is an impossibility, The best that I, or anyone can do is organize.

Unless and until we can organize and colonize to form progressive ideas, ephemeralization if you will, then very unfortunately the wasteful corporate structure will be the driving force behind social evolution.

We need to organize and employ the rarely used critical thinking aspect of our frontal lobes and come up with some good freaking ideas.

Because the monetary conquest is near complete.
Start change on a local level.

Understand the banking system and do not get involved in credit unless necessary.

Learn to live with less, but always be thinking of ways to create more.

Spaceship Earth will sustain us, and we can still learn to be as self-sufficient and as independent of the grid as possible.
But we are in desperate need of good ideas.

edit on 2/16/2011 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

I agree most of us are part of the United States Corp, and considered an employee of it.

More and more people are trying to undo that though, through having their Birth Certificates reissued in all small letters, returning their social security cards and driver's license, writing letters to their Secretary of State for the State they live in asking to be taken off the corporate rolls and not participating in the census or registering to vote.

All these things are various social contracts that grant the government broad sweeping and juristiction that supercedes the constitutional mandate that they have through contract.

Havng said that I applaud people who do that, but the truth is if you are a law abiding citizen who never runs afoul of the law, then you aren't going to have much cause to use your extra freedom and status against the state.

So I think it's a trade off that people have to consider on a case by case basis.

I am also not enitrely sure if you can completely opt out in this fashion. Most Secretaries of State won't respond to the requests, and when they do, they usually state that they have no mechanism within the law to act on the request but have recieved the letter without prejudice. Basically meaning no they aren't going to come knock down your door and try to take you away.

Chances are even if you return your Social Security Card which in many ways is a personal escrow account you have paid into, the State doesn't touch the Escrow until a death certificate by the State closes the account, as once again there seems to be no mechanism within the law to opt out.

So there is a chance people pursuing the Free Man on the Land strategy to maximize their standing as a sovereign citizen in courts of law instead of corporation property can still at a later date go back and claim certain things like Social Security.

Ultimately the system needs change, the Constitution revised, a whole lot of laws stricken down, or a new system started from scratch that is more honest and transparent and fair to the people.

I think the best thing we might hope for in Free Man on the Land strategies because so many of the people who do it aren't running afoul of the law anyway, is that it increasingly puts the State on notice that people are waking up, and as the occassional freeman on the land does encounter trouble with the law, and they attempt to employ those strategies in court, it does on occassion make alternative or mainstream media and wake more people up to common law options and core constitutional principles and mechanisms. That's a potentially good thing when it comes to getting more and more people to do the same.

Ultimately we will need a very vocal and active 10% of society to start creating a critical mass that turns heads, gains attention, opens eyes and ears and minds, and can have a real chance to effect the status quo.

Anything that works towards attaining that critical mass is a good thing and should be discussed and promoted in my humble opinion.

Thanks my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join