It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~Obama's 2012 Fiscal Year Federal Budget Proposal~ What is your opinion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Briefly had a discussion earlier that was about the presidential budget which has been proposed, and seems that the agreement was that it is not a good start for the people. It shows who's best interests are considered, and it's not who many may be hoping.

Obama 2012 Fiscal Year Federal Budget Proposal

Figured would keep it short and let those who read it decide.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If you want to see an improvement in the economy your going to have to get the (snip) off your (snip) and do something about it yourself.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors Please Review This Link.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I don't use up 1 second of my time thinking about Barry Sotoro and his criminal enterprise....In fact, I flush some of them down the toilet every morning.....BIG brown logs, stinking and smelling up this world....Just one easy push of the handle, and, their gone......What a relief.....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The budget proposal is a joke as is Barry Sotoro.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
My opinion is it was a waste of tax payers money printing it.

But, just so the paper does not go to waste, congress should use it as a guide to see what areas of the budget the president is willing to cut and push for even more cuts in those areas.

After that I would propose cuts in all the rest of the spending by what ever percentage is required to balance the budget, with at least 1% of all government collections going directly to pay on the national debt.

If that much cutting leaves too little money for a program to operate, that program should be scrapped entirely, and any essential duties performed by those departments would be merged into other departments.

Thanks for the opportunity to give my input.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well we are only about 425 Billion shy of the debt equaling the GDP so if we try hard we can pull it off before April, Who's with me?

Yes we can, yes we can....................Debt Clock

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

The sad truth is our elected officials can't seem to stomach any real solutions so we are doomed to continue to run with a deficit until the economy can recover to a point where some added revenue can be generated.

Since they can't or won't make the cuts, they should at least get out of the way of business by removing all the regulations they possibly can, so free enterprise can get back to generating some growth. (Hey, less regulation works in China - we definitely don't want to go to that extreme, but we should take a lesson from them.)

The problem with that, is the left are not going to let you repeal anything that protects the environment no matter how false their beliefs are (may cut into their climate change money). The right is not going to repeal any regulations that helps the big money corporations (IE S510).

So this means more of the same until either the economy collapses under the weight of debt and printing by the Fed, or by the grace of God some free enterprise find a way to grow in spite of the regulations and we boot strap ourselves out (not likely).

Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
NOTHING that thick could be beneficial to the fiscal health of the nation.

I'm done worrying about what government is going to do. Both dems and reps can kiss my butt at this point.

I'm going to do what the other smart people are doing and wait for the market to force the correction(by correction I mean AUCTION FAILURE) on the bond market in a disorderly fashion.

Mark my words, Obama, the dems, the reps, and all their douchebaggery is going to destroy this country financially.
edit on 15-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
My thought:

1) Our weapons will last 10 years. Move 90% of the defensive budget to education for 10 years.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Somehow I don't think throwing more and more money at education will fix it. Allow a system where teachers get paid based on quality and not on what teacher unions want will be better.

I read somewhere that the US spends more than any country on education as it is.
edit on 15-2-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

OK. Let's keep wasting money on defense then.

Peace

top topics

join