It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why fear God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanUKphd
If the Bible was altered then why is it still mathematicaly in tact? Matthew to Acts for example is impossible to forge or alter without ruining the heptadic 7 fold structure behind the text.

ok you got my curiosity up now... WTH are you talking about... for the sake of not derailing this thread U2U me this information... hehe im excited.

Edit to add:
first in order to answer your question we must define fear. in the terms that you are using to fear means to hold in high reverence.

fear and reverence are synonyms
sourc e

so we are to hold a high opinion of God and to follow his commandments and follow after his likeness.

we've already had the discussion as to how science has proven that fear plays a very important role in your natural decision making skills. if this is the approach you are taking well to fear God is to make the decisions he would.
above top secret

edit on 15-2-2011 by stuncrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Do you see any fear in this....

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. 30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. 37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 38Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

not in the sense of fear that we have discussed, but fear in the sense of respect and admiration i do.
2nd

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

Probably best if you google Heptadic Bible structures.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DanUKphd

dude that is freakin amazing... God is good eh

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I've heard about the bible code but haven't done much research on it. Are you trying to say God wrote it?

Heptadic structures are not the same as the Bible Code. Bible Codes are a waste of time in my opinion, its a bit of a rabbit hole that doesn't lead anywhere. Heptadic structures are 100% provable. I don't know how but I'd say God influenced every single letter in the Bible.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'll have to look that up..
edit on 15-2-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

you see believe it or not it's truth.

my friend, i hope one day you see the true beauty that is God. when you feel him you know. when you see him you know.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
reply to post by Akragon

you see believe it or not it's truth.

my friend, i hope one day you see the true beauty that is God. when you feel him you know. when you see him you know.

this is very interesting, but i don't need to prove the existance of God.

He's easy to find if you know where to look...

thanks for showin the love though

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

my pleasure man. glad we got to have this time to talk some things out.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I've heard about the bible code but haven't done much research on it. Are you trying to say God wrote it?

Heptadic structures are not the same as the Bible Code. Bible Codes are a waste of time in my opinion, its a bit of a rabbit hole that doesn't lead anywhere. Heptadic structures are 100% provable. I don't know how but I'd say God influenced every single letter in the Bible.

Its fantastic that these codes are there for anyone to attempt to prove, im no mathmatician so thats not something i could even think about trying.

Regardless the topic here is "why fear God" ....not lets prove God exists.

Somehow i doubt the translation that we have is the same anyways...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The point that the Bible makes of speaking about fearing God is that you should only fear the one who has control over the second death. The Bible is trying to make a point that you shouldn't fear any man or anything that can damage the flesh, because it's the second death(of the spirit) that you should fear, in which God has the power over.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I should also say fear isn't a bad thing if it keeps you in tune towards the truth. Ignorant fear is fearing the death of your flesh.

You would have to think if we didn't fear anything that we would end up dieing by trying to take on a bear or something...lol

So fear can be beneficial with many things. Fear drives the instincts which helps survival.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I should also say that it's really how you interpret the word "fear". For instance how you would interpret the word "slave". There were slaves in the Bible, but in them times it wasn't looked at as bad, it was how the community progressed.

Now the most known slaves of all time is when african americans were brought over here and treated horribly wrong.

Another way you can look at the word "slave" is that we're slaved to food and water. That's not a bad thing, it's what keeps us alive.

On top of that, fear of starvation or dehydration drives our instincts to find what we need...

So both words can be used together without talking about anything bad, but what is essential to our daily lives.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Right yep lol, The old testament was translated into the greek septuagint version in 280 BC. The New testament was also written in Greek. Ivan Panin - (a Harvard phd in maths) found the code over a hundred years ago. Whoever wrote the bible must have had a helping hand - every single letter must have been somehow given to the writer who penned it word for word because the code is impossible for any human to recreate.

Just for the record: According to some of his biographies, Panin was NOT a doctor in mathematics.

And then there is at least one MORE numerological claim on bible-texts parallel to Panin's system, and if my memory serves me, some computer-based re-structuring bible texts (it was pushed rather hard on ATS last year). It's just to pick and choose.

Personally I would suspect a natural statistical occurence, as some letters are more often used than others.

Then Panin has been accused of fabricating some of his material, so it would fit with the expected 'answer' (some christians like adapting facts to predetermined answers).

I've heard different accounts of how long time it took him to arrive to his conclusions. One source says 50 years. Have you, DanUKphd, repeated Panin's work, so you're sure it's correct?

Has anyone else? An alleged 'objective' claim like Panin's must ofcourse be verified by independent sources, before it can be accepted as valid.

It's been claimed, that Panin 'challenged' disbelievers of his theory to prove him wrong. Under what conditions was this 'challenge' put? Who controlled an honest outcome?

But let's just hypothetically say, that you have the benefit of doubt, and that such a code in some bible-texts really exists.

But what does THAT 'prove'? That someone or an organisation went to some length, to perform this feat.

Maybe a group from an unknown high secret early civilisation. Maybe ETs or hyperdimensional beings or maybe the good old adversary himself (or one of the available candidates).

But whoever this alleged writer, inspirator or instigator was, it's rather remarkable, that he/she/it/them could produce such a postulated result, but NOT know the REAL nature of cosmos (as demonstrated in genesis 1).

Sorry, this is just another desparate christian evangelistic effort, using pathetic pseudo-science. Don't you people ever tire from such non-sense?

Source: www.moresureword.com/panin

edit on 19-2-2011 by bogomil because: spelling and syntax

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Why fear god?

Well thats a good question, as we dont really know what god is capable of, or if what we read or heard is actually what god would feel or even do. I myself have my own spiritual beliefs, and they do not include the words of man to interpret what my creator/creators would actually do and or say.

I trust in myself and how I feel about what surrounds me. We as a species have always feared what we do not know. Though this may be different as some make the claim that they do know, and also speak on the behalf of a being that no one on the planet can stake claim too.

Fear is a very scary thing, and can over whelm a persons life, or even force them to go against themselves. IMHO there is no reason to fear, we have lots to learn, and starting your search for your beliefs and or faith, shouldn't start with fear.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Why fear god? 1. The bible i believe in tells me to fear god. 2. He's capable of anything. 3. you will at a time pay the price your sins cost you.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by miracleretiree
Why fear god? 1. The bible i believe in tells me to fear god. 2. He's capable of anything. 3. you will at a time pay the price your sins cost you.

And then Paulus changed the plot, so it would fit to political needs, and the first centuries CE his followers rewrote the holy manual.

In addition to the genocidal schiziod 'god' from OT, we also have an ever-so-loving facet of this 'god' in NT. Though with the same multible-personality-split syndrome as before. Now he's a three-part entity instead of a two-part entity.

So there's something in the holy manual for very taste. Those who want blood are justified to kill. The existentially uncertain, who want to huddle in the safety of a group, can proselytize; The masochists can grovel, repent and become flagellants. The lazy can pray.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
What trips me out about Yahweh, where will I hide my soul? Their is no where to hide, that is scary to me, no hiding place, Yahweh will find my soul, O no, not the soul? Yahweh can be a scary individual, glad we are not under the curses of that law?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
God is feared because the organized religions are the slave drivers. They own the people and the people have to be controlled and made to work. Fear is a fantastic tool for control.
Why fear the police? could have been the title.
Authority is the key.
The only authority on you is you. Jesus portrayed this. 'I have overcome the world'.

The real God is not bad, scary, punishing or judging.
God is generous and compassionate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join