It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"More suicides under Conservative rule"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It seems conservative philoophy is killing people. This is a scienticic study.
I don't call Republican conservatives anti-human for nothing.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The suicide rate increases under Conservative governments, research suggests. Australian scientists found the suicide rate in the country increased significantly when a Conservative government was in power.
And an analysis of figures in the UK seems to suggest a similar trend.

The Australian team analysed suicide statistics for New South Wales between 1901, when the federal government was established, and 1998.They then looked at the political regimes dominating both state and federal governments in New South Wales, which have consistently been under either Labour or Conservative control.

Suicide rates were higher during periods of drought and lower during WWII.

But after adjusting for these factors, the figures clearly showed the highest rates of suicide occurred when both Conservative state and federal governments were in power.xt

Conversely, the lowest rates occurred when state and federal governments were both Labour.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
here's another fact, everyday 5 u.s. soldiers try to kill themselves, before the iraq war (george bush's term), there was less than 1 attempt per day. - cnn.com (feb.8, 2008)

edit on 15-2-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Soooooo....

Canada Bucks Suicide Rates

Does this mean that my conservatives are liberal and my liberals are something else?

Or does it mean that correlation does not equal causation....I wonder what this study vs local economics would reveal?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
It seems conservative philoophy is killing people. This is a scienticic study.
I don't call Republican conservatives anti-human for nothing.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The suicide rate increases under Conservative governments, research suggests. Australian scientists found the suicide rate in the country increased significantly when a Conservative government was in power.
And an analysis of figures in the UK seems to suggest a similar trend.

The Australian team analysed suicide statistics for New South Wales between 1901, when the federal government was established, and 1998.They then looked at the political regimes dominating both state and federal governments in New South Wales, which have consistently been under either Labour or Conservative control.

Suicide rates were higher during periods of drought and lower during WWII.

But after adjusting for these factors, the figures clearly showed the highest rates of suicide occurred when both Conservative state and federal governments were in power.xt

Conversely, the lowest rates occurred when state and federal governments were both Labour.

You are an extremely intolerant and hateful person, completely detached from reality, prejudiced against a philosophy that you don't agree with. You resort to ridiculous studies funded by politically driven groups in order to offend the dominant philosophy in a country you despise.

You ignore facts, such as conservatives are the most generous private donors to charitable organizations by an enormous margin, and yet, you call them anti-human. You stand with groups that want to forcibly a sterilize women, throwing women's reproductive rights out the door, so you can "save the planet".

You believe that using treasury bonds to "create jobs" will "help" the poor and the middle class. But you say nothing about the excessive debt that creates, nor do you mention the inflationary environment it fosters. And because of your ideology, in your quest to "help people", you will create an economic environment that will starve us all to death. The worst part about that is, you don't understand enough about economics to comprehend why that outcome is a mathematical certainty.

You say conservatives are anti-human, tell me, when your ideology has bankrupted the nation, and brought the dollar to it's knees, how exactly will your bleeding heart and good intentions feed the poor people in this country?

It won't, and neither will the intolerant B.S. lies you have been spewing on this forum.

You call me anti-human because I personally give to charity and volunteer my family time at a shelter?

What is it you do? Besides create economic conditions that make personal charity impossible that is..

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

IT MEANS THAT CONSERVATIVES ARE ANTIHUMAN!

The selfish philosophy led by the Republican conservatives in America are the new Berlin Wall.

It is they who are preventing a world of true freedom, democracy and plenty for all.
They defend the Wall Street swindlers who ruined the economy in 2008. They cut taxes for the rich and super-rich and then complain about budget deficits and then cut needed aid to poor and middle class people.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

You obviously did not read the link.

In my country, Canada, suicide rates drop when Conservatives are in power. Rates go up when Liberals are in power.

However, having lived through a good portion of the time frame studied, I can assure you that the suicide rates will break down with far more correlation if you compare them to the econocmics rather than the political party.

Funny how political parties tend to get elected to certain economic times as well...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

You are an extremely intolerant and hateful person, completely detached from reality, prejudiced against a philosophy that you don't agree with. You resort to ridiculous studies funded by politically driven groups in order to offend the dominant philosophy in a country you despise.

Direct personal attack.

You ignore facts, such as conservatives are the most generous private donors to charitable organizations by an enormous margin, and yet, you call them anti-human. You stand with groups that want to forcibly a sterilize women, throwing women's reproductive rights out the door, so you can "save the planet".
Deflection.

You believe that using treasury bonds to "create jobs" will "help" the poor and the middle class. But you say nothing about the excessive debt that creates, nor do you mention the inflationary environment it fosters. And because of your ideology, in your quest to "help people", you will create an economic environment that will starve us all to death. The worst part about that is, you don't understand enough about economics to comprehend why that outcome is a mathematical certainty.

Derailing the thread.

You say conservatives are anti-human, tell me, when your ideology has bankrupted the nation, and brought the dollar to it's knees, how exactly will your bleeding heart and good intentions feed the poor people in this country?
Deflection+personal attack+derailing the thread.

You call me anti-human because I personally give to charity and volunteer my family time at a shelter?
Putting words in the OP's mouth.

-------------------------------------now for something completely different-----------
I hypothesize that this is because people who tend to oppose 'conservatism' are people who look to the future, not the past for guidance. They are by nature dreamy and imaginative sorts, idealists who thrive on hope and are poisoned by despair. When conservatives are elected, the progress of history is temporarily slowed or halted, and the longer a conservative government stays in power, the worse the delay becomes. Liberals are more likely to commit suicide, in my hypothesis, because the liberal movements in society tend to be the most romantic and imaginative.

Conservatives, tend to comprise those persons who lack the romantic character that makes self-sacrifice in the name of an ideal (suicide) possible and appealing.

Canada is a disgusting third rate country full of bigots and hillbillies, but they get away with it on the world stage because nobody knows anything about Canada except Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver.
edit on 15-2-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join