It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: It has begun...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Another first-class thread Slayer! I was a kid during the Regan years but I remember the talk on the Star Wars program. It has always been one of those things that got me thinking. I will agree that most of the tech is designed to thwart earth launched missiles and rockets, it does make you wonder how much has been developed as a protective measure vs objects from space. Lets face it even without considering E.T. life there are many potential threats from space. Having weapon platforms in space may be helpful in removing some threats before the public even knows they are there.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
Excellent Thread Slayer - S&F my friend!

I wonder if these - (SPHERES) Synchronized Position Hold Engage Re-Orient Experimental Satellites - could account for the little white "orbs" that have been seen around the world by people. They have been seen in swarm like quantities - Mexico comes to mind.

So, why do you guys think? Or would they be too high up too see - even with a strong reflection of sunlight?

I really doubt it. I observed satellites with an uninstrumented eye in conditions of low light pollution, and these were likely large satellites. When it's not completely dark, and the object is small, forget about it.

I like the idea but it's not plausible.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That is just amazing. The technology of today at the cost of billions of dollars make you wonder just what the new space age tech we will get in the next decade or so. $&F!

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
All I can think about when I see things like this is the utter waste, the sheer volume of resources used up in pursuit of building more efficient ways of killing one another.
Every man, woman and child on the planet could be fed 3 meals a day, be living in houses with running water and all their basic needs being met if we spent the money we spent on weapons on ways to care for people, instead of ways to kill them.
Shameful...really breaks my heart.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

In all my online research I've never put those two together.
Great idea.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well Slayer, all I can say is....

Welcome to MY way of thinking

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Wow ! Awesome thread !

I wonder how much of this space age technology actually is an US military hands...
It seems to me that private businesses take much of that. Lets hope the secret societies don't get bored of us very soon.. We could end up vaporized. :O

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I don't know Buddha, I am leaning towards YES. At the very least, I think we have the ability to control space and foreign launches. We may not have the ability to entirely wipe out a missile attack, but I think we have the ability to control what gets into orbit and what does not get into orbit.

We probably have limited kinetic weapon capability, and that is scary to me, because it could so easily be masked as a natural disaster or meteor. Imagine a Tunguska event in a more popularized area, with no radioactive markers, and no physical evidence that it was actually an enemy attack.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Definitely a lot of work went into researching and putting together this thread.. But it is all about strictly conventional technology in one advanced form or another. Stuff we are told about! Isn't ATS supposed to be a bit beyond the PR put out by the aerospace industry? Aren't we?

Not one word about black triangles being part of the plans and systems. Why do you suppose that is? These craft are seen almost constantly, noted for UFO-type capabilities which means space capabilities, and not a hint is given that they are a primary part of what we are doing in space according to this information and pretty PR videoes from the same people that probably are building the triangles. Oberg will be proud.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Aliensun because: word correction

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Bravo excellent thread! Brought to light many technologies i had no idea even existed, thanks for the invite!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

That's a fair statement.
Black triangles and such.

As I stated in the op I'm more pragmatic. The cheapest bang for the buck. I'm sorry if you felt this as a commercial for aerospace. that was not my intention but rather getting out the lesser known projects and advancements for the general public's intellectual consumption...

Thanks for your reply.
I hope you found something in it of value?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hi Slayer what a fantastic thread

I believe Zorgon will have a few good inputs on this when he finds it.

Well done
edit on 15/2/11 by Bob Down Under because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Great thread and thank you for your work putting this together.

My first thought about this went to the missing trillions from the Pentagon budgets.

January 2002 CBS Story.

Just last week President Bush announced, "my 2003 budget calls for more than $48 billion in new defense spending."

More money for the Pentagon, CBS News Correspondent Vince Gonzales reports, while its own auditors admit the military cannot account for 25 percent of what it spends.

"According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions," Rumsfeld admitted.

CBS News video from Sept. 10, 2001

I don't know if this article from 2003 is about part of the 2.3 trillion missing or another 1 trillion missing.

WHAT HAPPENED TO $1 TRILLION?

Though Defense has long been notorious for waste, recent government reports suggest the Pentagon's money management woes have reached astronomical proportions. A study by the Defense Department's inspector general found that the Pentagon couldn't properly account for more than a trillion dollars in monies spent. A GAO report found Defense inventory systems so lax that the U.S.

Army lost track of 56 airplanes, 32 tanks, and 36 Javelin missile command launch-units.

An article on Rense raised the number to 3.3 trillion so I guess it's combining the two missing amounts.
Link to article on Rense by By Buddy Grizzard, -authenticpress_net-

While Americans worry about the disastrous effects on our economy of the accounting scandals at Enron, WorldCom and elsewhere, an even larger accounting scandal has somehow escaped the public consciousness. According to estimates, the Department of Defense and the Department of Housing and Urban Development cannot account for over $3 trillion allotted to them by Congress, amounting to thousands of dollars of missing money for every man, woman and child in the country.

The article on Rense appears to be taken from the CBS story.

This article from Prison Planet talks about another 8.7 Billion missing from the DoD Budget.

The Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction (SIGIR) issued a report today that claims a “weakness” in the DoD’s “financial and management controls left it unable to properly account for $8.7 billion of the $9.1 billion in DFI funds.” The money vanished “because most DoD organizations receiving DFI funds did not establish the required Department of the Treasury accounts

Pentagons Black Budget Grows to more than $50 Billion. (from Wired)

The Pentagon wants to spend just over $50 billion on classified programs next year, newly-released Defense Department budget documents reveal. “That’s the largest-ever sum,” according to Aviation Week’s Bill Sweetman, a longtime black-budget seer — a three percent increase over last year’s total.

I think it's obvious there are massive amounts of funds available for off the record projects and funding most any space weapons program would not be that difficult. We hear about these huge missing amounts often, but then we never hear about them again it seems.

The trend does seem to me to be towards unmanned, inexpensive (relatively) devices for anything with future military applications and what you suggest makes sense.

That Robonaught I found interesting as well. The fact they humanized it to make it pallatable to the public and friendly to the eye. I imagine that was more for marketing it to the public than functionality. The thing even has a head.
edit on 2/15/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

This article is from September 8, 2009.

The rocket's cargo is in fact so secret that that no federal agency will admit that the craft is theirs. The mission craft is simply called PAN. The launch guide from United Launch Alliance, which manufactures and operates the Atlas V, simply says that the PAN satellite mission is on behalf of Lockheed Martin's "U.S. Government Customer." The 45th Space Wing of the U.S. Air Force described the craft as a U.S. government communications satellite.

Link

I actually started a thread on this because I thought it was out of control that no one would claim the craft as their own. Not one agency would say that it is theirs. They just launched some secret cargo and we are supposed to swallow that and shut up.

Anyway, this member joins the very same time I started the darn thread and makes one post. If you go back to this character's profile you'll see that the reply that he posted is the only activity he has ever engaged in here. One post to say that the vehicle was really moving and that we have a nice forum here. His avatar states: You are a funny guy, I kill you last. Crazy stuff.

Edit to add that the member's name in question is Syndicate.

edit on 15-2-2011 by jackflap because: Info.

edit on 15-2-2011 by jackflap because: placement

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by buddhasystem

I don't know Buddha, I am leaning towards YES. At the very least, I think we have the ability to control space and foreign launches. We may not have the ability to entirely wipe out a missile attack, but I think we have the ability to control what gets into orbit and what does not get into orbit.

That's impossible. Let's say I declare a launch has failed. What in fact happened the launch vehicle "tossed" a stealth satellite up into the orbit (and the satellite didn't fire its motors yet), like bombers do in a toss maneuver, then that launch vehicle deorbits or get stuck in a bad orbit. You declare a failure, while in fact there is an undetected, and un-tracked, military object in space. I'm always willing to bet my house that's entirely possible.

We probably have limited kinetic weapon capability, and that is scary to me, because it could so easily be masked as a natural disaster or meteor. Imagine a Tunguska event in a more popularized area, with no radioactive markers, and no physical evidence that it was actually an enemy attack.

First you would have to launch an asteroid into space (!!!!!) and THAT would hardly go undetected.

edit on 15-2-2011 by buddhasystem because: typo

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

as always Blaine great links and info.

checking it out now.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I have not been following the X37-B. Doing the math the longest it could have stayed up if the 270 days is true would have ended in January. It must have landed by now or it failed? Anyone know or is it assumed to have landed?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Thanks Jack that is very interesting.
Good find. There have been a rash of recent "Secret Launches" too many just for a few sats IMO.
Whats your take on it?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

It landed autonomously.

It's back home all safe and sound. There are a couple of threads on it around here someplace. Too lazy to search for them at the moment.

edit on 15-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ok so thats what they have allowed us to see makes you wonder whats under wraps at the moment, with all that kind of fire power you could hold any country to ransom.

It would also be quite easy to make one of those babys look like an innocent telecommunictions or weather satellite but no doubt they would be anchored a bit futher out in orbit with some good stealth capabilitys.

Now there was a video of a witness commenting on how some are pointed towards earth and some into deep space?
I will try and dig that up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join