It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: It has begun...

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
LASER WEAPONS IN SPACE!!!! Haven't you guys seen the episode of Justice League Unlimited where Lex Luther hacked the beam cannon on the Justice Leagues orbital space station and destroyed a military black ops facility and the city around it? We don't have meta-humans to back us up (NO GREEN LANTERN OR SUPERMAN) in the event such technology is hacked by a rouge nation. I would be scared to live on a planet where at any moment a satellite can rain down a death ray... and I am living by the worlds largest acknowledged naval base in Norfolk, VA.

edit on 19-2-2011 by michaelknives52 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Space Based Laser

Look again at Page 15 of that Vision 2020... Notice were the target is? Yup that is IRAN

Looks like Grazer One from "Under Seige 2: Dark Territory"...have you seen that 1995 flick yet where the death ray from hell shoots airplanes from the sky, a chemical factory in china and almost the pentagon in the usa?

I always thought of laser weapons as plasma weapons....are they the same thing?
edit on 19-2-2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
When stationary these craft are invisible yet they become visible when they move. .

Well here is the problem... while you can hide the space plane with a special stealth nano 'coating', you cannot hide the heat signature... so you will see a weird fuzzy glowing effect instead of a solid craft. I have a video of one such 'heat signature' taken over Palmdale

As to Moon bases... let's leave that for other threads

I guess cloaking means to be invisible, but dissapearing from existance isn't the same as hidding your existance.

For example you can teleport from point a to point b, such as with the philadelphia experiment, by molecular decompisition, transmission stage and then recomposition. Beam me up scotty!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I thought this was old news. I wrote on face book long ago about the star wars evident and cover up. As so much activity has been going on over the globe from outer space , The building of conflict on earth and threat from incoming space matter and perhaps other known visitors. the star wars project was never dropped but turned to outer space and secretly up graded all the time.

For what we are looking at here is nothing compared to what they truly have. Once some thing has been released its yesterdays write-offs. Scary as it is . There is technology hidden out of reach far beyond our use at this time. We are just not ready for such Technology, Not yet. But soon will all be reviled.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by zorgon

Exaggerate THIS

Your pics are probably accurate in numbers but not in scale..
Those dots are much bigger than the actual debris so do exaggerate the space taken up..
It also doesn't depict differing altitudes..

edit on 18-2-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

Exactly my point. If I had to take each and every single spot on the pic as a debris and its actual size, then that would be a pretty huge debris stretching a hundred or less miles each (much much bigger than the space launch vehicle itself). The number of pieces might be counted and might be huge such as a million pieces (including nuts and bolts). That does not mean each and every single debris is enough to cover the earth with it. The amount of junk on earth is barely visible from space including cars and humans, how do you expect to see all of that on a pic? It is there for illustration purposes and possibly use that as usual for some propoganda or agenda to be passed through congress or international space community.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Space Based Laser

Look again at Page 15 of that Vision 2020... Notice were the target is? Yup that is IRAN

Looks like Grazer One from "Under Seige 2: Dark Territory"...have you seen that 1995 flick yet where the death ray from hell shoots airplanes from the sky, a chemical factory in china and almost the pentagon in the usa?

I always thought of laser weapons as plasma weapons....are they the same thing?
edit on 19-2-2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

Yeah...'Assumption Is the Mother of all FUPS
". That was 1995. Think how far things are now

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Interesting video, the sound is a bit off in places.

Here you go Zorgon

edit on 19-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

----Thread update----

Large Optics Lathe

March 05, 1985

Leo Holland works on the Large Optics Lathe at the Lawrence Livermore Labs. The lathe is used in constructing experimental equipment for the Strategic Defense Initiative.

Laser warfare takes to the waves

THE US navy approved designs last week for a shipboard laser that it hopes will focus a 100-kilowatt beam through the ocean mist.

The system will be based on the free-electron laser, invented in the 1970s by John Madey, which generates light from a powerful beam of electrons.

A big attraction of the free-electron laser is the ability to adjust its output wavelength to improve transmission through the thick, moist air at sea, says Mike Rinn of Boeing, which produced the initial designs. Other laser weapons emit at fixed wavelengths. Also, the laser is electrically powered, so it can recharge quickly, potentially allowing for repeat bursts of fire.

The next step is deciding who will do the detailed design and build the system, which is expected to cost around $160 million.

Rods of God

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9254891767c3.jpg[/atsimg]
Here is a better image of Rods of God and it's control satellite I left out in the OP. Weapon consists of a control satellite and a (disposable) magazine satellite which drops Hypervelocity Rods that can hit targets on the Earth.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well if you are not aware of this right now, there is the tau9 treaty that governs a special exchange between our country and other "foreign" country if you get what I mean.

There has been other "foreign" nations here for a while. Just not common knowledge

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUnderCoverEd

There is "That Possibility" of course.
What I'm attempting to post are some of the fruits of such exchanges...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7744d1a1ec1.jpg[/atsimg]
Mini Satellites Inside the Space Station

Flight test of a prototype droid by MIT undergrads. Image credit: MIT. Click to enlarge
MIT engineers recently delivered a tiny satellite to the International Space Station. About the size of a soccer ball, this tiny robot is designed to demonstrate how future satellites could be built much much smaller. It’s equipped with a set of carbon dioxide thrusters which allow it to maneuver inside the station. Two additional SPHERES (Synchronized Position Hold Engage Re-orient Experimental Satellites) will be delivered to the station over the next few years to test how they can fly in formation.

Six years ago, MIT engineering Professor David Miller showed the movie Star Wars to his students on their first day of class. There’s a scene Miller is particularly fond of, the one where Luke Skywalker spars with a floating battle droid. Miller stood up and pointed: “I want you to build me some of those.”

So they did. With support from the Department of Defense and NASA, Miller’s undergraduates built five working droids. And now, one of them is onboard the International Space Station (ISS).

edit on 19-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d791a5f54ad.jpg[/atsimg]
Steering Mini Satellites

Satellites and the International Space Station use devices called control-moment gyroscopes (CMGs) to adjust the crafts' attitude, which is to turn and steer them. But those CMGs are too big for nano and other miniature satellites, so Honeybee has made them tiny. The company's small CMGs, still in development, could someday fit into hypothetical miniature defense satellites. They make for more nimble satellites that can quickly reposition as they track fast-moving objects.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Other related "Projects"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fa44d031206.jpg[/atsimg]Navy UFO

ANDE-2 consists of two spherical micro satellites. These satellites are launched from the Space Shuttle cargo bay into a circular orbit just below the International Space Station altitude.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Update on that SBL I showed earlier with the 4 meter mirror

Team SBL-IFX, a joint-venture comprising TRW, Lockheed Martin and Boeing, is using integrated ground tests of the Alpha high-energy laser, its beam projection telescope and associated beam alignment and correction system to test design concepts for the Space-Based Laser Integrated Flight Experiment (SBL-IFX), an experimental space-based missile defense system proposed by the Air Force and the Ballistic Missile Defense Organization. In the photo, technicians from TRW and Lockheed Martin check the alignment of the primary (gold) and secondary (black "can on quadropod) optics of the beam projection telescope used in recent tests to gather data on how best to measure and maintain the pointing of the SBL-IFX beam director during high-energy lasing events. The telescope is located at TRW's Capistrano Test Site in Southern California in a special vacuum chamber that simulates the space environment. During on-orbit operations, the SBL-IFX beam director will be used to expand, project and focus a high-energy laser beam on a boosting missile target.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

This thing is HUGE
Need better pictures though

It is funny though that I always get news of this stuff from RUSSIA first

poligonbtvt.narod.ru...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
TRW Capistrano Test Site

Description:

The Capistrano Test Site is a remote, 2,700 acre R&D complex in the hills at the edge of Camp Pendleton, operated by TRW's Defense Space Systems Group. It was built up dramatically to support space-based "Star Wars" weapons systems in the 1980's, and is still at work on advanced and powerful chemical laser systems, as well as, radar, and propulsion systems.

San Clemente
(POINT(-81.497681 41.507657))
(show on map)
Address: Richmond Road
Cleveland CA, 44124
Visitor Info: At the end of Avenida Pico.
Links: www.trw.com...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

ludb.clui.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c06c088b8fbb.jpg[/atsimg]
Nanosatellites

June 6th, 2007
It’s like something out of Star Wars – a tiny satellite that keeps a close-up eye on orbiting spacecraft. We’ll take a look, too – today on Engineering Works!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I believe a major milestone has been achieved in order to make lasers even more powerful. It seems that Jefferson Labs has juiced up the Free Electron Laser for the Navy. And of course we all know about the Naval Space Fleet. According to the article on Wired Magazine, this achievement has accelerated its implementation. Although it mentions terrestial combat, it is only natural and predictable that they will adapt this to space.

Saulter, the program manager for the free-electron laser, was momentarily stunned. Then he realized what just happened. “This is very significant,” he says, still a bit shocked. Now, the Navy “can speed up the transition of FEL-weapons-system technology” from a Virginia lab to the high seas.

Furthermore, I had no idea this type of laser existed. I have only heard of the Chemical Oxygen Iodine Laser being pursued by the Air Force. Even the current version of the FEL is surprising:

Currently, the free-electron laser project produces the most-powerful beam in the world, able to cut through 20 feet of steel per second. If it gets up to its ultimate goal, of generating a megawatt’s worth of laser power, it’ll be able to burn through 2,000 feet of steel per second. Just add electrons.

Unexpectdedly, Navy's Superlaser Blasts Away a Record

Another thing I learned is of the existence of "Jefferson Labs". I guess formally known as The Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility. Here is the Wiki of it:

Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility

edit on 19-2-2011 by Kratos40 because: a glitch in the matrix

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
NASA Announces Candidates for CubeSat Space Missions

WASHINGTON, Feb. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA has selected 20 small
satellites to fly as auxiliary cargo aboard rockets planned to launch in 2011 and 2012. The proposed CubeSats come from a high school in Virginia, universities across the country, NASA field centers and Department of Defense organizations.

The satellites come from the following organizations, which include the first high school proposal selected for a CubeSat flight:

-- Air Force Research Lab, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio

-- Drexel University, Philadelphia

-- NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md. (two CubeSats)

-- NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif. (two CubeSats)

-- Naval Research Lab, Washington (two CubeSats)

-- Massachusetts Institute of Technology

-- Morehead State University, Morehead, Ky.

-- The Planetary Society, Pasadena, in partnership with NASA's Ames Research
Center, Moffett Field, Calif.

-- Space and Missile Defense Command, Huntsville, Ala.

-- St. Louis University, St. Louis, Miss.

-- Thomas Jefferson High School, Alexandria, Va.

-- University of Colorado

-- University of Hawaii

-- University of Louisiana, Lafayette

-- University of New Mexico

-- U.S. Military Academy

-- U.S. Naval Academy

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

TRW Capistrano Test Site

Description:

The Capistrano Test Site is a remote, 2,700 acre R&D complex in the hills at the edge of Camp Pendleton, operated by TRW's Defense Space Systems Group. It was built up dramatically to support space-based "Star Wars" weapons systems in the 1980's, and is still at work on advanced and powerful chemical laser systems, as well as, radar, and propulsion systems.

San Clemente
(POINT(-81.497681 41.507657))
(show on map)
Address: Richmond Road
Cleveland CA, 44124
Visitor Info: At the end of Avenida Pico.
Links: www.trw.com...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

ludb.clui.org...

Fascinating. This kind of reminds me of the Pine Gap.

When I went to Alice Springs a few years ago, I asked the locals about this. They were "Oh yeah, they do interesting stuff there". One aboriginal lady from a local hangout told me to not bother with it.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Kratos40 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join