It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awoke from a dream laughing and continued laughing uncontrollably for 30 minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Ok, I've always had wierd, colorful, vivid, sometimes animated dreams, but two days ago I had the most singularly unique and funny dream I've ever had. In the dream, a series of events transpired that got me to laughing so hard that it woke me up, at which time I instantly realized that I was laughing uncontrollably and had full recall of the dream, the subject matter of which kept me laughing for about 30 minutes.

So on to the dream: In the dream, my entire neighborhood was participating in what seemed to be a combination of a neighborhood block party and theater in the park as part of some homeschooling theatrical program. I was standing on the sidelines making snarky comments to my wife about how lame it was, but the story line of the play (which I do not recall) began to suck me in, and before I knew it, I was in costume and character participating in the play.

As the play proceeded, a procession consisting of a younger boy followed by several adult women dressed in black flowing silk robes approached up the street. As they drew nearer, the boy came into clear view and I could see his costume clearly. He was bald and his head was spray painted gold as was his poorly constructed cardboard suit of armor, which was covered in glued on dry macaroni, which was also spray painted gold. This is where I started to lose it in the dream.

I felt the laughter welling up in me, and was struggling to hide my absolute amusement of this boy's appearance. The boy could tell that I was about to start laughing at him, and the look on his face was that of being absolutely crestfallen. I could not longer hold it in; I blurted out, "what the hell are you supposed be, the macaroni knight?" I then started laughing so hard that my vision began to narrow and I was feeling light headed so I went and laid down on my side on the driveway next to my garage door and continued my uproarious laughter. At one point, the laughter started so subside, but just as I thought I might be free of it, I rolled over to see one of the costumed mothers glare at me and whisper to another, "THAT's the guy I was telling you about." This immediately sent me reeling in laughter again, and at this point, I woke up laughing, and was so amused by the whole experience that i continued laughing so hard that I could scarcely explain to my wife, who was very concerned that I was sobbing. I finally got it out and her facial expressions at hearing my account kept me laughing off and on for the next 30 minutes.

Far and away, one of the most memorable dreams I've had in the last several years.

Anyone else ever have dreams with intense emotions that are still present upon waking?
edit on 15-2-2011 by belowcommonknowledge because: grammar

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by belowcommonknowledge

I actually laughed just reading your dream, that was funny.

Yes, I sometimes wake up still feeling some of the emotions and sometimes even physical feelings/pains from some dreams.

Sometimes it only last a few seconds, sometimes minutes, and sometimes hours.

Thank you for sharing that dream.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that at one point some time later in the morning, I was thinking about that costume again, and the name FAIL3P0 popped into my head (think C3P0 from Star Wars), and I got the giggles again for a good five to ten minutes. One of the most positive experiences I've had in a while.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by belowcommonknowledge

Oh man! You did it again, thank you for another laugh.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Have had two dreams where I literally woke up laughing and it is the most wonderful feeling and remained uplifted for the rest of the day.

I also had a really sad one where I woke crying and my heart was so heavy for that day.

Generally I don't carry over strong emotions on waking, but I do have awesome dreams and a fantastic dreamworld which one day would be interesting to map.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

Thank you for sharing that, I think you should start mapping those dreams now, a little bit at a time.

top topics

join