It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Questions Government Case on Anthrax Attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Study Questions Government Case on Anthrax Attacks

news.sciencemag.org

The science behind the U.S. government's investigation into the 2001 anthrax mailings does not rule out the possibility that the spores used in the attacks came from a source other than the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) in Frederick, Maryland.

That's the conclusion of a just-released National Academies' review of the scientific evidence related to the case, which was formally closed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
www.npr.org
anthraxvaccine.blogspot.com
www.nap.edu

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Scientist Kills himself as Feds File Anthrax charges
Anthrax suspect Bruce Ivins (linked to ATS)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This of course is the case that goes back to 9/11, when someone was mailing deadly anthrax to journalists and key legislators who were in a position to block the Patriot Act in the panic-filled aftermath of the attacks.

That the FBI hounded a man they later admitted was innocent (Stephen Hatfill) and then pinned it on this other man (Bruce Ivins) who committed suicide before his arrest has not sat well with a number of researchers. But the FBI said case closed.

This new report from the National Academy says the FBI's science had some problems, and they could not rule out other sources for the Anthrax.

Interesting, to say the least. Unfortunately the actual NA report seems to be behind a $67 paywall.

news.sciencemag.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

That the FBI hounded a man they later admitted was innocent (Stephen Hatfill) and then pinned it on this other man (Bruce Ivins) who committed suicide before his arrest has not sat well with a number of researchers. But the FBI said case closed.

As I recall there were some pointed questions about the supposed suicide too. Dead men don't talk and it seems there are an awful lot of dead men not talking. Lee Harvey Oswald being another.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I found that the medpage today had some of the best reporting ... pointing out the differences

Years ago when being interview by the US Marshals for my X-husband's job in the embassy I told him what I knew about the Anthrax case ... Harold came flying out of his chair "WHY DID YOU PHONE the FBI" well that's another entirely different story but the Austin FBI told me to go home and forget it - that officially none of it happen in 2000.
So needless to say I wasn't about to call em back in 2001 with what I knew about the death of a woman in La Grange Texas from Anthrax laced in an envelope in May of 2001.

What I find extraordinary is how the medpage link points out its the same Anthrax as the AMES sample from 1981 at Texas A & M ... and guess who was working there? Robert Gates.

www.medpagetoday.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It did come from that facility in q as the FBI and The US House of Representatives along with the DOJ and Pentagon confirmed it did and id'd the actor who later offed himself.

Case was declared closed in 2008.

Remember how they first tried to pin it on Ft. Deitrick, Maryland scientists Dr. Ayaad Assaad then Dr. Steven Hatfill both of which were exonerated and had both records wiped clean and after seeing a YouTube video about the events presented by Discovery Channel entitled, "Who was behind the anthrax attacks of 2001" and investigated it to learn that Dr. Bruce E. Ivins became the principle suspect and later offed himself because he could no longer deal with the guilt. As the anthrax strain used was one of 89 known strains and the only strain that is under the complete control of The USA.

Initially they tried to say it was the second wave of attacks courtesy of al-Qaida but in a couple of years later that myth was shot to hell and blown right out of the water.
edit on 15-2-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, all. I am surprised there is not more interest - people have been looking at the twin towers so long, they forget about this aspect of that event. But if this was shown to be more than a rogue scientist, but someone taking orders from above or from within, that would be a great big Achilles heel for the Establishment version of reality.

new topics

top topics

join