It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman with learning difficulties could be forcibly sterilised

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Woman with learning difficulties could be forcibly sterilised

www.telegraph.co .uk

Critics argue that forcible sterilisation is too radical a procedure to be conducted without consent while other options such as a long-term contraceptive solution should be considered.

David Congdon, head of policy at the disability charity Mencap, said sterilisation without consent was “awful and unacceptable” but rare in modern times.

“It is a pretty drastic step to sterilise someone against their will simply because they lack the mental capacity themselves,” he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Another highly controversial case coming out of the UK, which I'm sure will spur on some debate. I recently posted the following thread, where UK courts determined a man with a low IQ was not permitted to have intercourse, and is virtually under surveillance 24/ 7, even in his own home:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And now we have THIS case, in which a woman with a "learning difficulty" (which is not specified as to WHAT that 'difficulty' is), who is scheduled to be delivering a baby soon, may be forcibly STERILIZED by order of the court at the same time.

Let's hear it folks!

Weigh in: Justified? Violation of human rights? Or more information needed to draw a definitive conclusion here?

www.telegraph.co .uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Absolute idiots Trying to Purify their "perfect" world, I think we should sterilise anyone who even suggests such an In-humane thing

link   
Ach ja... das ist old news...

Just shows the 4th Reich is well under way
Sigh....
Well if ya can't beat them, where do ya sign up?

All I can say is I am glad Nevada is a Maverick state

link   

The bloody article is not loading - a problem I've been experiencing with great frequency of late. Looks like a kind of censorship to me.

So I'm calling Eugenics Policy - Nazi-style - and giving you an S&F&

Thanks for keeping your eyes open DD.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

It looks like Hitler made it across the Channel after all. Eugenics was the center piece of his grand plan. Destroy the mentally and racially "impure." Make sure they can not reproduce and march off in to the bright future.

I can not really tie together a real post about this. My mind is running in too many directions. If they can monitor you in your house to ensure you don't have sex, why not to ensure you don't have terrorist ties? Just a couple of years ago they took a woman's child because she didn't pass an IQ test. Now they are sterilizing a mother because of a learning difficulty. How long before they start with forced abortion?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Eventually they can declare we all have a disability of some kind (adhd for example) and do this to us all, or even worse, infect us with something and exterminate us for having a pandemic. But to stay on subject, I can totally see a "retarded" person having decisions made for them, because of a low IQ and making the in-proper decisions.

Anyone ever see "Idiocracy"? The people with higher IQs wait till they are ready financially and maturely to reproduce, in which case they both end up passing away before that happens due to 2 incidents. The lower IQ people have many children at young ages. Notice similarities to the real world we live in? The friends I have who have parents as doctors, and a few that are engineers in the nuclear power plant near-by, have only one child. However I know of at least 20 people who had children while in high school, and haven't stopped since. They feed off of government aid programs, and most of them are alcoholics or addicted to drugs, dropped out of school, and work in minimum wage jobs if they even hold a job.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What the #? When is it anyone's say what they can do to another human being, irregardless, age, 'disabilities' (which are just blockages to improve upon self) or skin color? *grabs a 2x4 and knocks the imbecile out that figured it'd be a decent idea* It's just sick beyond belief. Yes, this enrages me. The true 'disabled person' is the # that did such a thing to another being.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
As a women myself i find this shocking and disgraceful.
To be forced into sterilisation is a breach of human rights. Not only that, to take away the most precious and special thing that a women has. To give life/birth to a child.

As you have pointed out there is no clue as to what the "learning difficulties" is. I myself have a learning difficulty and i also have two very healthy and smart children.

It makes me angry to here this, I am off to find some more info and see what this learning difficulty is.

s&f

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So this woman who cannot possibly comprehend the motives and concept behind this form of procedure, has her right to have a child removed.

Meanwhile the mere suggestion of chemically castrating paedophiles is dismissed as a violation of human rights. More than that they are often freed after serving shorter sentences for good behaviour. I hate to sound like a Daily Mail fanatic or something but it just makes me think what a weird twisted reality we live in.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
The bloody article is not loading - a problem I've been experiencing with great frequency of late. Looks like a kind of censorship to me.

ATS has millions of viewers. While we have mega servers here not all websites can handle it when hundreds of viewers hit a site. Just because only a few post, many more are checking out links

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81

It looks like Hitler made it across the Channel after all. Eugenics was the center piece of his grand plan. Destroy the mentally and racially "impure." Make sure they can not reproduce and march off in to the bright future.

Right on, I was just thinking the same. Looks like they could take some hints on how to go about doing this from the notes of Dr. Mengele - he would be proud. All of the Third Reich would be proud, all they had to do was wait, looks like they were just ahead of their time.

Khar

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SixX1874

Eventually they can declare we all have a disability of some kind (adhd for example) and do this to us all, or even worse, infect us with something and exterminate us for having a pandemic. But to stay on subject, I can totally see a "retarded" person having decisions made for them, because of a low IQ and making the in-proper decisions.

I may sound harsh, I went to edit but time period elapsed. I'm not agreeing with this what so ever, but I can see that some major human rights violations are being made, and does anyone else feel like they are trying to introduce these into acceptance and dignify their actions?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Cool. When the retarded gal has a child and can not care for it, how about you step up to the plate and adopt it, giving her full access to the child of course. I suppose that the "proper" solution would be to allow her to have children and then have state workers come in and live with her to take care of the child.

Claim 4th Reich and eugenics all you want. How about thinking about a child who is going to grow up with a retarded mother, or is that just life?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by soficrow

ATS has millions of viewers. While we have mega servers here not all websites can handle it when hundreds of viewers hit a site. Just because only a few post, many more are checking out links

NOT an issue with ATS. ...Am finding quite frequently that sites and articles I want to access through Google or other search engines are either VERY slow loading or don't load at all. ...Not my system, so it's "preferential treatment" by my provider I think, aka censorship.

Sorry - should have clarified.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

They already can, or at least have the so called powers to do so. From the OP's link.

The court can also order “terminations of pregnancy” for women who lack capacity to consent, as well as “experimental or innovative treatment” and medical procedures that require the use of force to restrain the patient.

I don't think anyone should be allowed to make such decisions for anyone. If the woman is able to have children then she probably can make her own decisions as well. The only place where another person should be allowed to make the decisions for other people is where the person is in a vegetative state.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
What Doctor would perform this surgery? I would think most would rather not do that...

I sorta ask the same thing for "healthcare professionals" that do lethal injections...
edit on 15-2-2011 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

she does not need surgery. They can accomplish this by giving her Norplant and putting the tablet under the skin in her arm. There is no need to put her under the knife

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It's kind of like this case, which has been going on for years. The mother of this girl was on a show called Daybreak yesterday, cant find anything on that yet, but here's some articles from a few years back.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Now, this girl has Cerebral Palsy, and cant reproduce apparantley. Basically, her mother yesterday was saying, it's to keep her from pain. I know they're some what different cases, due to their illnesses, but this could set a new precedent.

P.S. the Daybreak website, which took over from GMTV, only has videos of celebrities and what not, bloody MSM

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
If you cannot care for children, you should not have them. In nature, this woman would have babies in all likelihood, and they would die. I am all for that too. Let people who cannot care for their babies have them, and let nature take its course.

But most people do not want little babies dying of neglect. So, its more humane overall to just not let the adult humans who cannot care for children have any.

We are not running short of people. Those who argue "who are you to decide who gets to pass on their genes?" I would turn that argument right back on you. If you then advocate that we care for the babies of people who cannot, who are you to decide who gets to pass on their genes? We need a consistent policy, and I think nature is the model we should follow. Nature no where is particularly kind to the low functioning. The fact that the woman lived to reproductive age is a sign of our compassion. What good is served by letting her have babies she cannot keep?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join