It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers release decrypted Stuxnet code [...]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by goatfish
This is great news. It is much better for information like this to be out in the public. It's not like the plans for nuclear weapon where it's hard to defend against. It's just a set of instructions for breaking into computers and spreading. with those instructions decompiled and in the public domain other programmers can understand it and change OS and software code to block the propagation methods it uses.

Riiiiiight. Because all hackers have the worlds best interests at heart.

Some little shnook is going to make a virus and attack the USA with it. I can see missle defense or some such thing being targetted. Is this a GOOD thing?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by goatfish

Originally posted by Gab1159
As for the origins of it, aliens helped US/Israel on this. I mean, malevolent ones of course.

Are you seriously suggesting this? If so I'd be interested in seeing any references that support it.
edit on 15-2-2011 by goatfish because: (no reason given)

Aha, not seriously. Sarcasm. I did read somewhere it was designed by aliens not so sure of the validity of this...You know...the "insiders" aren't always reliable...Nah I don't think it's alien, thoughI'm still open to this appealing and Hollywoodian version

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
On a phishing expedition with a special worm on a hook.

Will they take the bait?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

ok. just checking.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
someone above posted that the student was developed just for Iran.
I listened to an NPR interview with a high ranking military official that mentioned most likely we have a stuxnet virus/worm embedded into china's utility infrastructure and they moist likely have one in ours.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join