It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Please delete once answered

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I am sorry to do this, but it won't let me create a thread anywhere else because I have under 20 all together-- and I couldn't find a related topic after searching.

Anyway, since last night no avatars or signatures are showing up on anyone. That and the site shows nothing but ads between posts and I don't remember there being so many ads. Is there a problem with my browser or is the site experiencing issues?... ARGH. Sorry again




posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
hmm. maybe a browser issue. ?



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator
 



Huh. I think someone else posted a thread on this yesterday regarding the same thing.

At first I thought they werent logged in but then they wouldnt be able to post



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator
 


your pc , operating system and web browser HAVE BIG PROBLEMS!
run a speedtest.net too !
edit on 15-2-2011 by leaualorin because: .net ...

edit on 15-2-2011 by leaualorin because: i got to sleep sorry ... :-)))



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator
 


Go to your profile settings.

There is a button that says Hide Member Avatars and Backgrounds. Simply click on that it should solve the problem


Here is where you can find the button.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

~Keeper
edit on 2/15/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
?! they are showing up now. this is flipping weird. Please delete. Sorry again.



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by donatellanator
 


Go to your profile settings.

There is a button that says Hide Member Avatars and Backgrounds. Simply click on that it should solve the problem


~Keeper


I swear I am not computer illiterate (work with them actually) and did nothing to change it back and forth, but now I see them and I did not check anything. o_O I will blame Vista. Somehow. Thanks.



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator
 


try a puppy linux operating system ran on RAM only , and see if it still shows!



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


LOL you beat me to it!


I blame the slowness of my computer.



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by donatellanator
 


Go to your profile settings.

There is a button that says Hide Member Avatars and Backgrounds. Simply click on that it should solve the problem


~Keeper


I swear I am not computer illiterate (work with them actually) and did nothing to change it back and forth, but now I see them and I did not check anything. o_O I will blame Vista. Somehow. Thanks.


oh sure.. take it out on microsoft.. pffft.
I joke of course.



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
reply to post by donatellanator
 


try a puppy linux operating system ran on RAM only , and see if it still shows!


Uhm? The problem is solved. I think it was a browser memory error.
) Thanks



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

Originally posted by donatellanator

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by donatellanator
 


Go to your profile settings.

There is a button that says Hide Member Avatars and Backgrounds. Simply click on that it should solve the problem


~Keeper



I swear I am not computer illiterate (work with them actually) and did nothing to change it back and forth, but now I see them and I did not check anything. o_O I will blame Vista. Somehow. Thanks.


oh sure.. take it out on microsoft.. pffft.
I joke of course.


LOL! Microsoft and Adobe both irk me in ways I can't even begn to describe. Everytime they update a product it is shiza until they send an update/patch to fix it. ay yi yi!



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator
 


Fact: Its ALLWAYS either Microsoft or Adobe's fault



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator
 


Why not switch to a mac? I swore off of windows!!



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by donatellanator
 


Why not switch to a mac? I swore off of windows!!


I work with them at my job and they are nice but very pricey. And if something breaks you almost have to send it to a tech to get it fixed..... I like my Toshiba, but Vista really is the worst OS I have ever encountered. W7 is a lot better. Oh, how I want to go back to the days of W98 or XP--best versions since 3.1.
I should just give in and use another free OS like Ubuntu, but I am scared :x



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator
 


Windows 7 is a decent os..not the best..But hey it's not vista!
I have a sony vaio running windows 7, I switched from a mac book pro..I never had a problem with apple..but the vaio is terrible.. I think I am switching back..



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre
 


Sony Vaios are overpriced and overhyped. I know, I've used and had one broken.


I've had my Toshiba over 2 years now and have no issues besides the hard drive failing (which wasn't a big deal and I got a bigger one for cheap). It's fast, loads videos and graphics with relative ease, and was like $400 new. I take off most of the startup programs (block them from startup) and only install things I trust which has kept this thing running smooth. The only bad thing is mine has no HDMI outputs, so I can't watch through the TV in true 1080 HD-- the VGA works just perfectly fine for me though!


In the lab I work in we have exclusively Dell laptops and CPUs. I like their laptops but the cords overheat and some buzz?!... Not worth the money. I'd avoid Acer's too, had one of those die on me in a very annoying way. OK done ranting and raving.



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator
reply to post by TechVampyre
 


Sony Vaios are overpriced and overhyped. I know, I've used and had one broken.


I've had my Toshiba over 2 years now and have no issues besides the hard drive failing (which wasn't a big deal and I got a bigger one for cheap). It's fast, loads videos and graphics with relative ease, and was like $400 new. I take off most of the startup programs (block them from startup) and only install things I trust which has kept this thing running smooth. The only bad thing is mine has no HDMI outputs, so I can't watch through the TV in true 1080 HD-- the VGA works just perfectly fine for me though!


In the lab I work in we have exclusively Dell laptops and CPUs. I like their laptops but the cords overheat and some buzz?!... Not worth the money. I'd avoid Acer's too, had one of those die on me in a very annoying way. OK done ranting and raving.


Id have to disagree about the dells and acers. there are good and bad with any manufacturer. Ive personally got win7 running on an my 11 yr old Acer laptop and ive seen 2 month old (fill in the manufacturer PC here) die. Its all in the hardware. There is nothing in a Dell or HP that says Dell or HP on it. 25 yrs of IT here helps to see the good and bad across the board. Like the samsung capacitor fiasco of the early 2000's ;-)

Silver



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Your problem happens to me whenever I log off of ats.....it wont show avatars, and shows the extra ads if you aren't logged in...



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator
 


Don't be afraid to try linux especially ubuntu. The days when linux was for geeks only is over. If you can install and use windows, you can install and use ubuntu. Or a good number of other linux os. For normal use usually no tweaking is needed. and if something is needed there is always the helpful ubuntu forums. Try dual boot first.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join