It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama cautious on Iran protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Obama cautious on Iran protests

www.washingtonpost.com

President Obama addressed the Iranian demonstrations Tuesday with a large measure of caution, calling on Iran's leaders to allow protesters to express their grievances but stopping short of calling for a change in government.

Obama's careful formulation, outlined during a morning news conference, highlighted the sharp differences between the political dynamic that his administration faces in Iran and the one that shaped the recent revolt in Egypt. Obama faced a secular, allied government in Egypt that had lost broad popular support. But in Iran he confronts an Islamist regime hostile to American interests and eager to turn any opposition movement into a proxy for the United States and Israel.

edit on 15-2-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
IMO I think we all need to watch this very carefully. We are looking at what could become a much larger situation than ME uprisings.. More so than that.... We might be looking into a window to our own future.

But in Iran he confronts an Islamist regime hostile to American interests and eager to turn any opposition movement into a proxy for the United States and Israel.

This may also be a chance to do something about the above although it is again anti-Iran propaganda.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Here is a vid of protestors in Tehran that I just posted in my thread regarding Bahrain's new uprising in addition to the others that have been protesting:

Iranian police have confirmed that one person was killed during clashes between security forces and protesters. Police Commander General Ahmad Reza Radan says dozens of people, including nine members of the security forces, also were wounded in Monday's protests. Radan said one of the injured is in critical condition. He also said several people were arrested, but did not say how many. Clashes between Iranian police and tens of thousands of protesters broke out in central Tehran on Monday as opposition supporters tried to evoke the spirit of Egypt's recent popular uprising.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Anybody out there got any info on the current firepower of the American 5th fleet, sitting waiting in Bahrain, a very short distance from Iran ? Remember how the Iraq war kicked off .....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
he government of iran won't allow for any revolution..unlike egypt, iran has little issue in simply shooting into crowds

new topics

top topics

join