It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of "God" lives in a box???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

that is not an excuse. you have free will. you can choose to support something and down the road you can choose to change your allegiance. he was seeing if Abrahm was willing to go as far as He himself was willing to go. He at this point already knew he would have to send his son to come and die on the cross. he was testing Abrahm's love for him.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SunTzu22

how does the God of the bible live in a box? where are these horrible atrocities at? i've done plenty of reading and i've studied the crap out of this book that you throw claims at. i've never not once seen God as the bad guy in this book. people failed time and time again. PEOPLE FAILED TO LOVE GOD AND ALL HIS CREATION.

we are doing it today. all over the place. people live in unbelievable abundance while others die for lack of food. we could fix that problem but we don't. people suck, because people are selfish, proud, and arrogant. rid yourself of these distasteful qualities.

be the change you want in the world.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

The Biblical account of the conquest of Canaan includes God-sanctioned genocide and mass rape. Or do I need to actually cite chapter and verse?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SunTzu22

What kind of God would let us be us, would let us learn for ourselves, screw up, harm each other and continue to learn, the kind of God I want and that we have. I would not like a God that kept us stupid and limited. Learning is a painful experience; but, I love the results. With it comes wisdom rather than just knowledge. What did he promise, he promised that if we believed in him life would only get harder, that we would be tested to our limits and this life does that and because of that we have built amazing things. If it didn't get cold we might not have invented fire.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

In my opinion, your pretty close in your interpretation of "god".

But the question remains.... Would your kind of "god" live in a golden BOX, even if some murderous tribal people ( to remain un-named), called it an Ark? ( possibly for some type of Covenant )

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunTzu22
reply to post by AQuestion

In my opinion, your pretty close in your interpretation of "god".

But the question remains.... Would your kind of "god" live in a golden BOX, even if some murderous tribal people ( to remain un-named), called it an Ark? ( possibly for some type of Covenant )

I am not sure I understand your question. I don't think God would live in a golden box, I believe he would always be pushing our limits and then find a way to create the ultimate variety so that we were never bored. Eternity is a long time. I don't think you understand the options. We live forever or for a moment that we never remember, which is the same as never being us.

If we live forever then how do we avoid boredom. Can you comprehend the vain attempts at pleasure lasting for eternity. Sex is nice, what if that were the only pleasure you could have and it lasted forever, wouldn't it get boring? LMAO. If you wish, address the question of the best way to survive eternity if eternity is unavoidable, then tell me what you believe God should be. Right, we avoid boredom by only having pleasure, if that were possible then there was never the threat of boredom in the first place; but, with eternity it is always a threat.

Now to your question, would God live in a box, yes, within and without, he is everywhere, not much of a question. I read the book and understand sentience. Sentience is not site specific, it just is. If you don't know that you are self aware then the problem is yours, I know I exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join