It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of "God" lives in a box???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
reply to post by Akragon

i read the bible and this is what it taught me... i was once a very nasty person a very hateful person. the bible taught me the peace and tranquility that comes from being a good person. so God taught me.

Edit to add:
like i've said before you be the judge. put the morals and standards the world clings to and put them side by side with the morals that God teaches and tell me which one is better.

in the larger scheme of things is it better to serve or be served?
is it better for you to succeed in life or for the world to succeed as a whole?
edit on 15-2-2011 by stuncrazy because: (no reason given)

Again, the bible was written by man not God....

Im not the judge you believe what you want... God isn't in a book.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

never claimed he was. i'm not really here to convert you or make you believe what i believe. maybe with the fear thing i was, but that's just cause i was watching a science documentary on the way fear affects your brain, and for you to say what you said i was like oh snap i know the answer to this one.

your absolutely right though God is in your heart. it is that little voice that tells you to do good even when you don't want to and you choose to ignore it. it is that yearning in your heart that tells you there is something better than this.

God is in everything and when you see that.. you'll realize how beautiful nature is compared to man made society

this is so muuch better

than this

Nothing man can ever create can compete with the awesomeness of God

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
www.armageddonconspiracy.co.uk

Does not work, anyone have a working link ??

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Try this link. I hope people use it.www.armageddonconspiracy.co.uk...

"The madman sprang into their midst and pierced them with his glances. 'Where has God gone?' he cried. 'I shall tell you. We have killed him – you and I. We are all his murderers.'"

Nietzsche

"Do we not hear anything yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying God? Do we not smell anything yet of God's decomposition? - gods too decompose. God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him."

Nietzsche

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
hmm not sure where I stand on this

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick

The reason Abels sacrifice was acceptable and Cains was not was that man was permitted the fruits of the earth but the flesh of animals belongs to god alone. Ipso Facto what is acceptable for man to consume is not acceptable as a sacrifice to God. Cain should have known and slain a piggy or something. Before you ask, killing his brother, although spilling blood for God, was not an acceptable sacrifice because other 'gods' required this and God is special

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SunTzu22

There is a theory that goes like this .... In order to know himself God created man. God grows as a deity alongside mankinds relationship to him. Now eventually God stops talking to man, I wonder why?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dalamax

The reason Abels sacrifice was acceptable and Cains was not was that man was permitted the fruits of the earth but the flesh of animals belongs to god alone.

I see so we are not supposed to eat flesh of animals because it is only for god?

Ipso Facto what is acceptable for man to consume is not acceptable as a sacrifice to God.

What fact are we talking about here? That God prefer blood over crops that are grown in a world he himself allegedly created?

Cain should have known and slain a piggy or something.

Now you are saying that Cain should have known better, that it is better to kill an innocent animal to offer to this god than crops that he had worked hard for?

Before you ask, killing his brother, although spilling blood for God, was not an acceptable sacrifice because other 'gods' required this and God is special

Now spilling his brother's blood was now not acceptable? Why is that? What makes this god special?

He is the same as other gods we know of today no more, no less.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Well let me see here .... quite correct there laddie, permitted to eat the goodness of the earth but life is to precious for man to end for food or sport, that is why killing has always been associated with worthwhile sacrifice, expressly reserved for the deity. The Deity gave the fruits of the earth for mans nourishment and so it became unsuitable for sacrifice. Render unto God what is Gods, life is Gods, so life to God. The fruit of mans' labour is for his enjoyment and wellbeing, the stuff of life is for the honouring of deity. His own words make him special. I.E. I am a jealous God worship none but me, or words to that effect. Other gods had human sacrifices, Deity distinguished himself from them by refusing human sacrifice ( Although he may have indulged in a goodly amount of retribution/massacre/destruction :cool
Hope I haven't missed anything in the clearing up of that for you Lats.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

really man? still on this one?

alright, call it proving a point. there is only one way to go for the betterment of man and that is God's way. now that may sound bad, but when you are a child the only smart way to go is how your parents tell you too.

it was simply a matter of faith and nothing more. one proved he wanted to obey and listen which is acceptable and the other was like, eh nah man you know what these crops are hella good i think he'll like em. when he specifically said bring the first fruit of your herds. he didn't listen. last time i checked kids get smacked around all the time for not listening.

i know if my child doesn't listen to me when i know better hell even if i don't they better listen i'm their daddy dagnabit

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

Really? Seriously?

Here we go again?

No, I'm too tired to argue with a religious man right now and the point your making is nonsense to me.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

never claimed he was. i'm not really here to convert you or make you believe what i believe. maybe with the fear thing i was, but that's just cause i was watching a science documentary on the way fear affects your brain, and for you to say what you said i was like oh snap i know the answer to this one.

On the topic of fearing god... Why? You have two choices here; either god is an omniscient all-powerful being whom you have no control over, or God does not exist. There's no reason to fear either; the first because no matter what, you can't do anything about it, the second because there's nothing to fear. Now if you thought your God was more like the Greek model, walking around with us and occasionally hitting people who smarted off with lightning bolts, I guess that could be a rational fear, if such a being could be shown to exist - unfounded paranoia if not, though.

I'm not christian myself - my parents tried, but the whole theology always seemed terribly alien and bizarre to me - but my understanding of it is that if anything, your god would rather have love than fear. Fearing him would be rather like fearing ones' mother or father, wouldn't it? Surely a sign of a damaged, unhealthy relationship.

your absolutely right though God is in your heart. it is that little voice that tells you to do good even when you don't want to and you choose to ignore it. it is that yearning in your heart that tells you there is something better than this.

Then obviously, almost no one who worships your god pays any attention to the critter.

God is in everything and when you see that.. you'll realize how beautiful nature is compared to man made society

this is so muuch better

than this

Nothing man can ever create can compete with the awesomeness of God

Man, and all man's creations, are part of nature. The illusion of separation - one advocated by your own faith, among others - is a major cause of harm to our world and, ultimately ourselves. You have absolutely no place to post pretty nature pictures and claim "this is god's work" while advocating a belief system where your god basically tells mankind "that stuff? Just wipe your asses with it, I don't care."

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The OP is overgeneralizing - This is taking in the assumption that all Jews/Christians interpret their scripture in the exact same way, and that all of them have more fundamentalist leaning beliefs.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Did not mean to double post mod - If ya see this you may delete...

My bad.

edit on 16-2-2011 by BadMagician because: double post, plz delete ^_^

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunTzu22

Who the hell would ask their "favorite" to butcher his son on some random rock?

he was never going to make him butcher his son it was a test to show his allegiance.

I don't get it. If god is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient, then he should have already known where his allegiance lied... No?

IRM

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

on the topic of fearing God. please realize that fear and having high regard and respect can be used as synonyms.
and please i already had this discussion with the azg... guy don't feel like repeating myself. check my other posts. to simplify, fear is a very important "chemical reaction" that our brain uses in the decision making department. this is science there is plenty of proof of this claim.
a person with no fear is a person with very poor decision making skills and very little self will.

the second statement you quoted was a very specified statement, or even a general one however you choose to take it. i'm just saying the world doesn't listen to God in today's day and age the world has turned it's back on God.

no my friend a skyscraper does not = a mountain.

nature in it's essence is BEAUTIFUL i'm sorry but even beautiful architecture isn't as serene and peaceful as a sunset.

edit to add:
what God are you talking about because i'm pretty sure even as a generalized statement was not ever close to anything that God has ever been recorded as "saying" if you will.

edit on 16-2-2011 by stuncrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

yes, that statement would be completely true... if we were robots.

free will means we can choose to be faithful or not. he is the knower of all things just as a great chess player is a knower of any possible moves you can make before you make em and plans accordingly

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

I don't accept that ad-hock excuse... sorry!

IRM

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
That's funny,he just told me to hop on the patriot missile launching system and target a house.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Don't any of you religious types feel any sort of shame for the attrocities commited by ALL of your various faiths? I know that every single one of you feel deep down, sometimes very deep down, that all of what you were taught about 'god' was bullsh**t.

I KNOW that every single one of you questions whether or not there is a man in the sky, a man that will smite you one minute and give you eternal life the next.

Don't stray from subject matter, what kind of deity would be REQUIRED ( as the Judeo-Christian God is) to live in a BOX??

What kind of god would direct a people to slaughter half of their own population, and then kill ALL of another population ( the Philistines)? They even killed the cats. WTF

Thats your god. YHWH

edit on 18-2-2011 by SunTzu22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join