It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of "God" lives in a box???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
God is 100% holy. Why should He ever be expected to put up with any sin or nonsense whatsoever from His creation? Instead of being amazed that He periodically calls for judgment in the Old Testament, we should be amazed that he ever shows mercy and patience.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
The bible has a lot of great lessons in it man, unfortunatly most of it is based around "fearing God" which is the worst thing you could possiblily do.

The fear of God is a very healthy thing... just like you should fear drinking and driving or a crazy man with a gun. you fear these things, because if you didn't you could get yourself hurt.

now we are not talking about uncontrollable OMG
fear.. we're talking about a very rational fear of the bad things of this world. it helps you be a good person. with a good heart.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
God is 100% holy. Why should He ever be expected to put up with any sin or nonsense whatsoever from His creation? Instead of being amazed that He periodically calls for judgment in the Old Testament, we should be amazed that he ever shows mercy and patience.

That's a beautiful idea, although with absolutely no proof.

Tell me, in 500 years, when the world has evolved out of these dark ages, do you think anyone will look at that ideology as anything different than how we look at Aztecs or Maya and their human sacrifices a few hundred years ago?

Khar

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunTzu22
reply to post by Akragon

No, not commited by man. Who destroyed Soddom and Gohmorah?? Not man my friend.

Who killed thousands of children in Egypt in a single night?? A Jewish clan of ninjas? No. Go read the bible so you to can shudder in disgust.

I don't have any explanations on Soddom and Gohmorah. As far as i can see that is the one time in recorded history that God might have actually stepped in and said "enough is enough" Ron Wyatt did some incredible work on his research. Its pretty hard to fake his results but who knows...

And if you're refering to the scene in "the ten commandments" where Gods fingers come down and take the souls of all the first born in egypt save the homes with the lambs blood painted over the doorways?

Theres no actual proof that ever took place. In my opinion, this is just more garbage written by man to make people fear God.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Ever heard of the council of Nicea? Basically a bunch of bishops sat down and discussed what to include in the bible...

"Well this sounds like bull# no one will believe that, take it out.."

"Keep that in there... that sounds good..."

"Take this out, thats no good."

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

100% holy you say? Then why in the first place did he put the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden of Eden? Isn't he disobeying his own rules? He tempted his creations in the first place, but if we see it in a different angle maybe he is just afraid of us/humans being able to know all his secrets? Maybe he is afraid of us knowing who he really is? Maybe that's why he made all the commandments starting with "thou shall not"?

If you are a true God that is forgiving and merciful, you would allow your creations to do everything they want right? Because you are forgiving and merciful, but the God in all Holy texts doesn't want you to disobey him, now where's the so called forgiving and merciful?

Also if it is true that this God is 100% holy then why would he wish others to worship him? That is a disgrace to him, for example if I am your teacher and I thought you everything that I know would I want you to worship me? Answer is no, what I would want is for you to reflect my teachings through your doings, worshiping me just shows that you have learned nothing from me and that is disrespectful to me. Same thing goes with God.

Isn't it Satan that wants people kneeling, worshiping him?
edit on 15-2-2011 by Lateralussicksicksick because: Saturn comes back around

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy

The bible has a lot of great lessons in it man, unfortunatly most of it is based around "fearing God" which is the worst thing you could possiblily do.

The fear of God is a very healthy thing... just like you should fear drinking and driving or a crazy man with a gun. you fear these things, because if you didn't you could get yourself hurt.

now we are not talking about uncontrollable OMG
fear.. we're talking about a very rational fear of the bad things of this world. it helps you be a good person. with a good heart.

No it doesn't, fear handycaps you...

Why would you fear drinking and driving, if you're stupid enough to do it, you deserve whatever you get...

Why would you fear a man with a Gun? If hes going to shoot you, fearing him isn't going to help your situation is it.

Fear is a primal instinct which technically is there to keep us alive, but in the process it blinds you. Fear of God is nonsence, God is a part of you, so you only fearing yourself.

The world is a Box if you're afraid of it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
OP, that is one of the reasons why I am agnostic. I think the Bible was and many other holy books were re-written. I believe there is a God, but I there is so much contradiction in religion it's very hard to see truth.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick"If you are a true God that is forgiving and merciful, you would allow your creations to do everything they want right? Because you are forgiving and merciful, but the God in all Holy texts doesn't want you to disobey him, now where's the so called forgiving and merciful?"

Do you have a dog? Do you love him or her? Do you allow them to do anything they want even things that would be hurtful to them? Are you forgiving and merciful?
You didn't even create them and you want them to obey you...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilDog0311
reply to post by Akragon

Ever heard of the council of Nicea? Basically a bunch of bishops sat down and discussed what to include in the bible...

"Well this sounds like bull# no one will believe that, take it out.."

"Keep that in there... that sounds good..."

"Take this out, thats no good."

you mean Council of Laodicea....

yes, what about it....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The god of boxes.

I mean, isn't that a very simple answer to a very simple question?

Oh, and it's not just ritual cannibalism, it's also vampirism. They drink his blood too. You also forgot to mention the contradictions, violations of free will, demonization of female reproduction, male genital mutilation, etc....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
That's a beautiful idea, although with absolutely no proof.

Tell me, in 500 years, when the world has evolved out of these dark ages, do you think anyone will look at that ideology as anything different than how we look at Aztecs or Maya and their human sacrifices a few hundred years ago?

Khar

considering we've had these beliefs since oh well idk before the year 1 a.d.. my guess is their still gonna be around in 500 years.

the proof of the bible is in the putting.. meaning that it is still by far the best advice you can get a rule book to life if you will. what the bible states as truth is the truth.. follow it's rules and you will be rewarded, either now or later. it goes against the "worlds" teachings. and hold true to what everyone know's is right and wrong.

don't lie don't cheat don't steal don't murder...

you cannot ever discredit the 10 commandments and the bible is based off of those 10 rules. or even simpler as Jesus said

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e]
30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[f]
31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[g] There is no commandment greater than these.”

can you discredit that? is it not good to love our neighbor's? is it not good to be a helper and considerate, rather than angry and selfish?
which is better? the morality the world teaches "do as thou wilt", "Hey, man do whatever makes you happy, so what if you hurt people along the way at least you'll be happy
or the morality of the Almighty? be a fisher of men. sacrifice for others. be your brother's keeper. make the world a better place just by being you.
what's wrong with that train of thought?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

To obey me where have I stated that? And you choose a dog as an example?

Of course I won't let him because he has no capability of choosing what's wrong or right unlike us Humans we have a brain capable of such things. A dog can't be compared to humans in terms of free will.

I guess you have completely misunderstood what I just have said, and no offense but please stop being so biased. Think outside the box.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

No it doesn't, fear handycaps you...

Why would you fear drinking and driving, if you're stupid enough to do it, you deserve whatever you get...

whether you know this or not the judgment call you make on whether you drink or drive is based on fear or the lack of. if you have no fear for consequences you will do it.. it is how your brain works. FEAR IS A GOOD THING.

Why would you fear a man with a Gun? If hes going to shoot you, fearing him isn't going to help your situation is it.

it is because the fear that you're adrenaline is released. fear is just a chemical reaction in your brain. when the chemical reaction reaches a certain extent adrenaline get's released and time seems to slow down as your brain processes better....
once again FEAR IS A GOOD THING

Fear is a primal instinct which technically is there to keep us alive, but in the process it blinds you. Fear of God is nonsence, God is a part of you, so you only fearing yourself.

The world is a Box if you're afraid of it.

like i said it is not a irrational fear but rather a rational one. just like you don't cheat on your wife cause you fear hurting her. it is not being evil for fear of the consequences of evil actions. once again not a paranoid OMG fear, just the normal kind that helps you make better decisions instead of stupid ones.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SunTzu22

Television, obviously.

Oh wait, this isn't a riddle?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Right on. Fear is probably the most useless and damaging human emotion, followed by hatred (hate, at least, sometimes gets results)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick

Dude...lol I want to send you a cute little puppy because you obviously have never had a pet if you actually believe what you just posted.

Oh and I think it's ironic that in your former post you criticise God for placing the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden then in the latter post you tout the glory of man's free will and yet you fail draw the obvious connection between the two and realize that the Tree had to exist if free will was to exist????

Man, I have no interest in proseletyzing or imposing my will on others but I do feel bad when one allows their core beliefs to be influenced by flagrant misinformation. I fully support the exercise of your free will but sheesh at least do so accurately...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

I think you are blinded by your FEAR here brother, it is never a good thing to be afraid of the unknown. If you FEAR something then you are limiting yourself to what is right and wrong, in short FEAR is a tool for controlling you.

And about the FEAR releasing adrenaline, it is never FEAR it is the fight or flight response of a human, he never FEARED it he just chooses what's better to fight or to run? FEAR is never the answer my friend.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
"The wicked in his proud countenance does not seek God…" (Psalm 10:4). "Pride goes before destruction…" (Proverbs 16:18). "When pride comes, then comes shame; But with the humble is wisdom" (Proverbs 11:2).

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think god is whatever you make it, no one, I mean NO ONE knows what happens when you die, or if there is a god, we just dont know. but to answer your question, what kind of "god" lives in a box?

Thats simple...

A BOX god.

duh

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join