It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bahrain next? Egypt, Iran, Tunisia...is revolution growing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The following are the tweets from Nick Kristof. I had heard that the spread of revolution had reached the tiny island, but the news has been overwhelmed by Egypt and now seemingly Iran.

I just arrived Bahrain. Big protests, 2 dead, roads closed (had to walk to my hotel), internet turned v slow

#Bahrain police kill a man this morning at a funeral for someone killed yesterday. Looking wobbly?

At least 2 people died in the #Bahrain protests yesterday. Riot police very heavy handed, didn't learn from #Egypt.

evanchill Bahrain teargasses a funeral procession, reportedly passing near a hospital as well. ow.ly...
about 9 hours ago via HootSuite
Retweeted by NickKristof and 66 others

Nick Kristof twitter

some related sources documenting the growing unrest on the island nation:
Bloomsburg
Times of India

edit to add
as noted below, there are videos coming out as well..here is one

edit on 15-2-2011 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Also Yemen and Jordan. They have seen massive reform as well, Could be more too!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I was watching some videos of protests in Bahrain last night. Pretty interesting developments.

The police there were cracking down pretty hard on the protesters.

Just go to youtube and type in something with those keywords in it. There are tons of videos under Bahrain protests, many of them appear to be fairly recent.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

you have been fed with wrong information

no revolution is taking place in iran.

the people of iran had a revolution 30 years ago.

revolution is not like some kind of candy that you go and buy one from the grocery store whenever you want

we (iranian) made a revolution to cut the hands of the people taking out our oil and giving us candy

with respect.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

The question is can we expect to see more revolution in the near future. There is obvously no revolution occuring currently.

Here is one video of the protests in Iran:

youtube desciption:

Iranian police have confirmed that one person was killed during clashes between security forces and protesters. Police Commander General Ahmad Reza Radan says dozens of people, including nine members of the security forces, also were wounded in Monday's protests. Radan said one of the injured is in critical condition. He also said several people were arrested, but did not say how many. Clashes between Iranian police and tens of thousands of protesters broke out in central Tehran on Monday as opposition supporters tried to evoke the spirit of Egypt's recent popular uprising.

edit on 15-2-2011 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
here is a link to photos taken ah Tahir park about 6 hours ago, showing the people are gathering there.

tahir park

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
nice find thats the first ive heard of it its just a matter of time before its the whole world..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alucard666
nice find thats the first ive heard of it its just a matter of time before its the whole world..

There are a number of countries in the middle east following suit right now after Tunisia and Egypt. I dont think that any will have the 'success' that Egypt has seen, because in places like Iran, the government will have no qualms whatsoever about using military force to quash the protesters with a barrage of automatic weapons fire.....

But it is certainly something to keep an eye on...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

i agree that every one has the right to protest and show that in the streets

but the people in iran protesting don't have a clear purpose and they are just some follower

think about this : Iran had revolution about 30 years ago and people where somehow blind but they had a single

purpose.that resulted in a revolution. after that people came to think about what they have down. most of them

understood that they were just prostesters and followers. they knew the probleams but didn't know exactly how

to solve the problems. and as we are next generation we respect the exprience and we think about ' problem

solving methods ' and most of us protest the protestors and some dday you will see the results of our protest.

i think you understand now what i am saying.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Also Libya have had clashes and protests, 20+ people dead

www.channel4.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

..... this thing is spreading through the Arab world.

edit on 18/2/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

top topics

join