It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shell report predicts peak oil now or soon, ponders ‘Depression 2.0′

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

MSM OD : www.rawstory.com...

www.rawstory.com

The industrial doomsday scenario put forward by peak oil theorists isn't just for far flung voices on the Internet anymore.

Peak oil is not a problem of Earth's supplies: there's plenty of oil in a variety of forms. The difficulty is in how much energy it takes to recover and process it. And if it hasn't happened already, soon the demand for energy commodities will soar past existing production capacity and crash headlong into the brick wall of declining discoveries.

The economic effects of th
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
pesn.com...
edit on 15-2-2011 by R_Clark because: Header was fixed

edit on Tue Feb 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: BAN titles must be copied directly from source

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well those have been following this for a while.. T Boone (Slim) Pickens has called this a couple of years ago.. You then saw the high end consultants flogging this story off to Governments.. The implications are immense..

I have attached a basic visual guide for those not aware.. Anyway... If they stop killing all of the Advanced Energy engineers and allow the new Lenr & Cold Fusion systems in.. we may be all right... but then Rockefeller and his cronies would have to allow it... Lets wait and see..

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
bump

edit on 15-2-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

From what I understand, there is more "shale oil" than oil in wells. But environmentalists hae stopped any attempt to extract it because of what it might do to the environment. It was big news in my home state of Utah for a while.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This "peak oil", as it were, is driven more by bad policy than resource constraints.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I am giving this a bump too.

I must admit that I am a little leery of 'the sky is falling' peak oil chicken littles. I remember being told that we would not have any oil in the 1980's, that didn't happen.

I am not saying that we are not going to run out, just that we might not run out as soon as some think.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Peak oil is a myth. It just gives them an excuse to charge MORE for it. Don't believe everything you hear. There is enough oil to make the world go round for another 1000 years.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Peak oil is a myth. It just gives them an excuse to charge MORE for it. Don't believe everything you hear. There is
enough oil to make the world go round for another 1000 years.

Agreed. Plus, didn't some British agency unveil a top secret 4 year project with making a synthetic gasoline that uses hydrogen at a molecular level and will burn in a conventional engine?

Not getting too worried about running out, we seem to be finding more oil in areas previously overlooked. I do remember the oil shale deal here in Utah as well, but like everything else, the Sierra Club and tree huggers had it burnt to the ground.

IF there was a peak oil in the near future, I think a depression would be the LEAST of my worries. I'd worry about the increase in conflicts and war it'd bring with and the likelihood of the return of the draft.

new topics

top topics

join