It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton: Iran needs to follow Egypt's lead and 'open up'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Hillary Clinton: Iran needs to follow Egypt's lead and 'open up'

www.rawstory.com

WASHINGTON – Amidst a new wave of protests in Iran, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Monday accused the Iranian government of "hypocrisy," saying it must listen to the wishes of its demonstrators.

"What we see happening in Iran today is a testament to the courage of the Iranian people, and an indictment of the hypocrisy of the Iranian regime -- a regime which over the last three weeks has constantly hailed what went on in Egypt," Clinton told reporters.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
While I certainly can't contest **Hillary's** statements of Iran's oppression of dissent, I find it quite amusing that she is so "concerned" for foreign nations "freedom to revolt", while she continues serving the Bankster and M.I.C. interests, and makes no acknowledgement to OUR OWN oppressional rule, such as the "free speech zones" and cages that protestors were coralled into in recent primaries, or G20 summits where protestors were roughed up and arrested.

More "do as we say, not as we do" from our OWN hypocrits in the 2 party crime family.

Again, not disagreeing with her necessarily, but just pointing out the painfully obvious HYPOCRACY, and throwing stones in a glass house here. Our bureaucrats seem to be much more concerned about FOREIGN "democracy", then they do about it here on their own soil. lmao

Real simple question to all our politicians who are so concerned about OTHER nations "democracy":

Is OUR gov "listening to the voices" of its people?

That is a RHETORICAL question by the way.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Feb 16 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Indeed, great find there buddy.

Why

is the question I ask. Why, could one possibly imagine, would the wife of a skull and bones member and a MIC advocate, promote this like it was a new facial cream commercial that accidentally filmed a purple bunny in a cage?

S+F

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm inclined to agree with the sentiments of OP and thinking cap.
But also you have to wonder what the hell she is thinking of coming out like this. The Iranian protestors need her support like a hole in the head.

By doing this she gives the 'leaders' of Iran credence when they claim that protestors are in some way connected with 'outside forces' (ie the US or UK etc).

My advice for her would be to button it and follow a similar softly, softly approach previously adopted with Egypt.

top topics

join