It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why i enjoy working and why you dont

page: 2
12
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

but, instead, the opposite is true: my birthright is stripped and i am forced into submission of rules that i never agreed to and, in the process, am disconnected completely from any value i might create in this world. in this way, the act of working, although a fact of life, becomes an unnatural bastardization of its ideal (abstract) state.




now who do I dislike more
rich people or poor people,
Poor People, and I'll tell you why.

Cause we hate rich people too. double you tee eff,
why do we hate rich people?

No, I mean really!
Why do we hate rich people?

Look, there is a really nice car
rolling down the street, down our poor street,
in our poor neigborhood, and somebody down there,
somebody down there, throws a rock at it.

I mean why did you smile.
Admit it, someone cracked a smiled.

Think about that poor rich person in the car.
Their terrified.
I mean, sombody threw a rock at them.

And when they look out the window,
all the guys standing on the corner their pointing and laughing.
I mean what the hell!

Rich people, make all the stuff we have!
Why do we hate rich people, don't we wana be rich some day?
We hate the very thing we want to become, what the hell is going on.

Wana know why poor people respect antique cars.
Why some old classic car can roll down our street, everyone will drool, stare in awe.
No one throws a rock, everyone wants that car.
Wana know why?
Cause the rich person who used to own that car is dead.
That's why.

We don't hate nice things, we love nice things.
We just hate rich people.



Quit a hatin on tha rich




David Grouchy




posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DSSONE
reply to post by nightbringr
 


Fair play to you. I hope you didn't think I was being nasty or rude to you. Most people I know are like you, in that they work, and, for want of a better expression, "put up and shut up" - they certainly have little sympathy for the views I hold. You are taking responsibility for yourself and your family, and all credit to you.


And star to you. Even though you disagree you see my point and i have nothing but respect for that, i often with i was as flexible.



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
reply to post by Mizzijr
 


I dont see the problem, Mizzjir. Go out and live that life. You are again doing what im talking about, and complaining about it rather than doing somthing about it to live life as you would.

If i truely wanted to live off the land as you obviously do, i would work 2 jobs as long as i had to, save and save and save, then move somewhere that would allow me to live the life i wanted. Its in your reach.

And so what if people want to live the life of 50 cars and 10 homes? Does that mean they should be angry they dont have it? I want those things too, but ill be damned if im going to be miserable the rest of my life because i dont have them.

edit on 15-2-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)


The only reason why I don't is because there are people that I love and feel that I have to protect. I have no children, but family I do. Some are just not capable of living a stable life without me. Yet, if they were all to die tomorrow I'd be gone.

I am not bashing the life that I live right now, it's the same life that you are living. There is nothing really wrong with modern life, except for all the undeniable corruption we have. It's just all about choice, my friend that's all I was saying.

It's like asking which do you like better? Apples or Oranges? Some would never eat an Apple while some would never eat an Orange, then there are some who would eat both, but like one slightly better than the other.



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr
 


Fair enough, but i see money as a means of making those people i care about lives better.

I dont need money to buy the best car i can, i buy something cheap and reliable that gets me around. Somthing i CAN do however is save up for my daughters education. If she decided one day she would like to become a doctor, i will have the money in the bank to make a large contribution to her education. I want to provide that opportunity.

I dont need to make hundreds of thousands a year to do that. I make what i do, invest what i can into stocks and bonds, and little by little, the account grows.
edit on 15-2-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
reply to post by nightbringr
 


There is a peace in hard work if you are working for the right reasons.


Honestly, i cant say i really work that hard! My job can be stressful, but there are things i enjoy about it, my co-workers being one of them. They are a jovial bunch who make the worst days a little better.

I screw the pooch as much as the next guy! I work to live, not live to work. I can assure you if i was unhappy with my job or my lot in life, i would work to change it. I can be very driven when i put my mind to it.



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr
 


I guess it comes down to this, some people like to be a slave to the system and some dont! You are happy because you feed your family and all seems right with the world. A lot of people have this attitude untill they wake up and realise that you are entitled to so much more. The world is ruled by the rich, they love people like you. Someone who know's their place, keeps their mouth shut and gets on with it. Well my friend this has happened for decades and look where we are, # Street! The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. Pretty soon your salary may not buy much food, pay your rent, keep your heating on. What will you think then? I dont earn enough? I need more? Because when we are all starving they will be eating healthily and heartily.

Check this poverty statistic........

www.globalissues.org...




The richest 20 percent accounts for three-quarters of world income


Where is this fair?
Why should this be?
Can a poor man work his way out?
Should anyone be happy with his $37,000 dollar a year income?

Bill Gates earns 1080000 dollar per hour!
BP make 33 million dollars per hour!


Open your eyes mate, it's all gonna come crumbling down!!!



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Gravity
reply to post by nightbringr
 


I guess it comes down to this, some people like to be a slave to the system and some dont! You are happy because you feed your family and all seems right with the world. A lot of people have this attitude untill they wake up and realise that you are entitled to so much more. The world is ruled by the rich, they love people like you. Someone who know's their place, keeps their mouth shut and gets on with it. Well my friend this has happened for decades and look where we are, # Street! The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. Pretty soon your salary may not buy much food, pay your rent, keep your heating on. What will you think then? I dont earn enough? I need more? Because when we are all starving they will be eating healthily and heartily.

Check this poverty statistic........

www.globalissues.org...




The richest 20 percent accounts for three-quarters of world income


Where is this fair?
Why should this be?
Can a poor man work his way out?
Should anyone be happy with his $37,000 dollar a year income?

Bill Gates earns 1080000 dollar per hour!
BP make 33 million dollars per hour!


Open your eyes mate, it's all gonna come crumbling down!!!


I think the line where you write about how we are "entitled" to so much more is the most telling of this post.

We are not entitled to anything. If you think you should be born with a silver spoon in your hand, you will walk through life angry that its not there. People like you will never be happy, no matter how much money you make.

I could care less about who you think TPTB are, i care about myself and my family, so i do my best to look after them. If it means working a 9 to 5 job, ill do it and gladly.

What exactly is it you think you are entitled to? Do you want a cheque in the mail for doing nothing but sitting around? Well newflash, thats called welfare. Your probably entitled to it, so go get your cheque. Ill work for my earnings, thank you very much. I could care less if there are people out there who make more than i do, and i feel bad that you do. It must be hard going through life more concerned about others than yourself.

Make things better for yourself, no one else is going to, nor should they.



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr
 


You hit reply to my post, but your response to it doesn't make sense? Just wanted to make sure you understood me, since I pretty much fully agree with what you are saying!



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudgedCover
reply to post by nightbringr
 


You hit reply to my post, but your response to it doesn't make sense? Just wanted to make sure you understood me, since I pretty much fully agree with what you are saying!



My appologies. The reply was to UncleGravity. I clicked the wrong button! Edited.



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You know, I notice one common link between all the people that are "pro" working in the system and those who aren't.

Money, money, money, money, money.

That is all I see. Money. That is all I hear about. Money. That is all that anyone cares about. Money.

I worked in the system for 8 years and when the crash came in 2008, I was forced out of a job and had very little luck in finding one. I tried for what I was "entitled" to as some call it through unemployment, and was denied. So over that year of unemployment, doing side jobs with my college degree, I realized something.

I realized that the money... it doesn't matter. You don't need MONEY to provide you family with protection and comfort, you only need the things that you would choose to spend money on, the same things that are readily available to your life should you choose to work on THAT instead of feeding the corporate hog.

The sad fact is - all the people on this planet ARE entitled to so much more. The resources and supplies that this Earth is capable of supplying is intended to be split among ALL the living species, not just those with more greenbacks. Those people who work less to stand above those who work to survive, they are the reason I don't take part in the system.

The simple fact is, the system is wrong. It is so wrong and it is so corrupt... but it is so blinding as well. They feed you with the allure of high tech gizmos and jealousy towards fellow man, and most people buy it hook, line, and sinker. I opened my own business two years ago, and even today I make just enough money to survive. I do it because society will not let me live without it.

But I realized something so amazing. Here I am, no money, no ease to life, yet right now I feel happier than I ever have with money in my hands. I feel more accomplished than I ever did make 30 grand a year. And I definitely feel a hell of a lot more accomplished than any fat cat CEO sitting in his penthouse, unaware that his lifestyle that he has come to know and love is nothing more than a phase. A phase that soon, sooner than many think, will fade to nothingness.



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr
 


If, as i think, we are all born equal (if you dont your already brainwashed) then i am entitled to as much of a chance to life and wealth as anyone! No? If i am born into a system where i need to slave all of my days to have any semblence of a decent life then i say that system is wrong or at the very least corrupt. You seem to think you are not affcted by anything but your own little surroundings.......



I could care less about who you think TPTB are, i care about myself and my family, so i do my best to look after them. If it means working a 9 to 5 job, ill do it and gladly.


You dont seem to understand or care that what these people do affects you directly, im sure you will change your mind when the next rescession comes and you loose your job.

I never used to care about these arseholes, i was like you, very happily going through life untill i understood the game. Once you fully appreciate how you and your family are being F****ED over then you wont want to slave away......good luck.

Some videos for you to watch...............

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
You know, I notice one common link between all the people that are "pro" working in the system and those who aren't.

Money, money, money, money, money.

That is all I see. Money. That is all I hear about. Money. That is all that anyone cares about. Money.

I worked in the system for 8 years and when the crash came in 2008, I was forced out of a job and had very little luck in finding one. I tried for what I was "entitled" to as some call it through unemployment, and was denied. So over that year of unemployment, doing side jobs with my college degree, I realized something.

I realized that the money... it doesn't matter. You don't need MONEY to provide you family with protection and comfort, you only need the things that you would choose to spend money on, the same things that are readily available to your life should you choose to work on THAT instead of feeding the corporate hog.

The sad fact is - all the people on this planet ARE entitled to so much more. The resources and supplies that this Earth is capable of supplying is intended to be split among ALL the living species, not just those with more greenbacks. Those people who work less to stand above those who work to survive, they are the reason I don't take part in the system.

The simple fact is, the system is wrong. It is so wrong and it is so corrupt... but it is so blinding as well. They feed you with the allure of high tech gizmos and jealousy towards fellow man, and most people buy it hook, line, and sinker. I opened my own business two years ago, and even today I make just enough money to survive. I do it because society will not let me live without it.

But I realized something so amazing. Here I am, no money, no ease to life, yet right now I feel happier than I ever have with money in my hands. I feel more accomplished than I ever did make 30 grand a year. And I definitely feel a hell of a lot more accomplished than any fat cat CEO sitting in his penthouse, unaware that his lifestyle that he has come to know and love is nothing more than a phase. A phase that soon, sooner than many think, will fade to nothingness.



Exactly. Its not the money that makes us happy. Ive never been a material person like Uncle Gravity for example whos justification for why working is wrong is simply because Bill Gates makes more than him.

I make barely $37,000 a year and im happy. I dont need more money, i find happiness through friends and family and my hobbies.



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Gravity
reply to post by nightbringr
 


If, as i think, we are all born equal (if you dont your already brainwashed) then i am entitled to as much of a chance to life and wealth as anyone! No? If i am born into a system where i need to slave all of my days to have any semblence of a decent life then i say that system is wrong or at the very least corrupt. You seem to think you are not affcted by anything but your own little surroundings.......



I could care less about who you think TPTB are, i care about myself and my family, so i do my best to look after them. If it means working a 9 to 5 job, ill do it and gladly.


You dont seem to understand or care that what these people do affects you directly, im sure you will change your mind when the next rescession comes and you loose your job.

I never used to care about these arseholes, i was like you, very happily going through life untill i understood the game. Once you fully appreciate how you and your family are being F****ED over then you wont want to slave away......good luck.

Some videos for you to watch...............

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...



I see a coming economic collapse of the USAs financial system caused by what you are on about and yes, it angers me that even I here in Canada will suffer because of it

Still doesnt mean i should not be happy and live my life as i see fit until it happens. IF it happens.

Bill Gates makes more than you, and this is why you are mad. Sorry, doesnt matter to me, I see him as an inspiration for the same reasons you hate him and his ilk.

He came from a poor backround and is now one of the richest men in the world. Kind of shoots down your theory that we all dont have equal opportunities or can make anything we want of ourselves, doesnt it?



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr
 


You got it mate!

You are not a slave to rich people. You are only a slave to your own needs.

Anyone here making the excuse that they don't work because it only feeds the rich is a liar, you are a lazy sod, that's it.

And I just want to mention I live of the land, it's bloody hard work. But if that's what you love, you just gotta do it, no excuses. Make the money and fulfill your dream whatever it is. In my profession you only get respect from how much and how hard you work.
How did I get there? Hard work for corporations. Now, who used who for what?



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr
 



Bill Gates makes more than you, and this is why you are mad. Sorry, doesnt matter to me, I see him as an inspiration for the same reasons you hate him and his ilk.


If you are happy with your income why is a billionaire an inspiration, what do you want a billion for?

I dont hate him, i dont hate anybody! Do you think he works harder than you for his money?

His ilk? You look up up to these people who like to keep you in your place........You could'nt make it up!!!




He came from a poor backround and is now one of the richest men in the world. Kind of shoots down your theory that we all dont have equal opportunities or can make anything we want of ourselves, doesnt it?


Not really! what percent of the world population that start of poor end up like Bill Gates?
Get real mate, your living in a bubble!

Have you watched at any of the videos yet?



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr
 


To the OP, there were many slaves who could have written your exact story. Not all slaves of ancient civilizations lived in poverty and destitution. In fact, many were happy and at peace with their lives.



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen
reply to post by nightbringr
 


You got it mate!

You are not a slave to rich people. You are only a slave to your own needs.

Anyone here making the excuse that they don't work because it only feeds the rich is a liar, you are a lazy sod, that's it.

And I just want to mention I live of the land, it's bloody hard work. But if that's what you love, you just gotta do it, no excuses. Make the money and fulfill your dream whatever it is. In my profession you only get respect from how much and how hard you work.
How did I get there? Hard work for corporations. Now, who used who for what?


Bravo! I couldnt have said it better myself!

You used the big, bad corporations to get exactly where you wanted to be in life, and i have nothing but respect for you. Others here would do well to follow your example.

Ive seen thread after thread about how we need to get back to basics and live off the land, but no one is willing to put one ounce of effort into actually making it happen.

Hats of to you my friend for making the corporations work for YOU!



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Gravity
reply to post by nightbringr
 



Bill Gates makes more than you, and this is why you are mad. Sorry, doesnt matter to me, I see him as an inspiration for the same reasons you hate him and his ilk.


If you are happy with your income why is a billionaire an inspiration, what do you want a billion for?

I dont hate him, i dont hate anybody! Do you think he works harder than you for his money?

His ilk? You look up up to these people who like to keep you in your place........You could'nt make it up!!!




He came from a poor backround and is now one of the richest men in the world. Kind of shoots down your theory that we all dont have equal opportunities or can make anything we want of ourselves, doesnt it?


Not really! what percent of the world population that start of poor end up like Bill Gates?
Get real mate, your living in a bubble!

Have you watched at any of the videos yet?


No, i havent. Ive seen the anti-corporation propaganda so many times i dont need any more. Read the thread directly following yours by SkurkNilsen to see how a man made the corporations work for him, and follow his example. He is someone who actually did what so many on here are advocating and living off the land. How did he get there? Worked for the big, bad corporations what you so despise, and save up enough to do what he wanted.

Why is Bill Gates an inspiration? Because as i said, he came from a poor backround and is now rich beyond anyones wildest dreams. I dont need to be rich, but he is a modern day example of how badly mistaken you are. Please explain to me how he was "kept down" by the big, bad powers that be?

You ask me how many times that happens? Well, once. After all, he is one of the richest alive, so obviously most dont make it to that level of success, but it does happen, time and time again. Barack Obama mean anything to you? Maybe not the richest, but certainly the most powerful. Your argument does not wash.

My friend came from poverty, worked 2 jobs, went through university and is now a psychiatrist and drives a Porsche.

So instead of complaining that your so hard done by, get off your ass and do somthing with your life.

Blaming everyone but yourself is the escapists way out.
edit on 15-2-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr
 


hold on now. i said basically the same thing (as gwydon) on the other page and i got chastized by you for it.

did you see this part of gwidon's post:


...The sad fact is - all the people on this planet ARE entitled to so much more. The resources and supplies that this Earth is capable of supplying is intended to be split among ALL the living species, not just those with more greenbacks....



why does he receive praise and i get labeled as a "government blamer"?! double standard, OP. i think you dont even understand your own argument. you simply think that those who have given up are lazy government blamers.

there is a REASON i have given up....as have so many. because the foundation of the system is failure. it has nothing to do with having a go-get-em' attitude.



posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp
 


I was applauding essentially his last paragraph where he stated that he has now realized that money does not equal happiness. I respect anyone who can honestly come to that conclusion, and then look for the real, important things in this life.

I didnt not agree with other of his points, especially what you copied and pasted. I just thought that was a commendable statement and replied to it.

If you perhaps explained better your assertation that our system is built in failure, perhaps i can respond to that too, as i disagree and believe anyone from any backround can succeed in our society.
edit on 15-2-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
12
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join