It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA comes under fire again as employees admit to repeatedly stealing money from passengers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Standard tsa requirements : thugs , perverts , thieves, psychotics.. The typical government goon. They have to supplement their pay somehow its hard work molesting all those people everyday.. Probably get their employees from the justice system..
Judge : you have a choice 5 years jail or work for tsa..
criminal : gimme da tsa job..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Are there no TSA employees on this site and if so, please come forward and let us hear your side of the story.

I travelled through Manchester Airport the other weekend and watched in amazement as the big burly security agent ripped a poor man's luggage apart, looking for something he did not like the look of during the scan. Not a word of explanation, nothing. The agent lloked like a nightclub bouncer reject. I tried looking for the tell tale bolts in his neck, but found nothing.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I doubt any TSA agents are going to come forward on this site. They would be fed to the sharks in short order. And I'm not so sure I'd believe anything they had to say in their defense anyway. There is no defense for what they are doing.

The agent lloked like a nightclub bouncer reject. I tried looking for the tell tale bolts in his neck, but found nothing.

Now that's funny.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I want that job. Think about it. You're making $30,000 per year and you steal another $30,000. That's sweet money!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimBrandSurveillanceMan

I want that job. Think about it. You're making $30,000 per year and you steal another $30,000. That's sweet money!

I hope you're joking. I couldn't live with myself after doing that to the average joe, let alone feeling them up and humiliating them.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Surely ppl need to talk with their money but when it comes to airlines do ppl have no choice?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Honestly I believe this especially since they will sometime take things from packages that are being checked onto the flight. My cousin has his Xbox 360 stolen when he checked it in. Foolish on his part for not simply having it on his carry on luggage anyway. This is why I have my laptop, game system and whatever money all within' my book bag when I fly. I thank my dad for teaching me that

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

A very good point. The article reports on the incredible amount of money being stolen, but they say nothing about all the folks who have had their belongings stolen. Either by confiscation, or by stealth.

I hope more and more of those who can, will stop flying and hit these people in their pocketbooks where it hurts the most.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Late reply [I wish ATS had some kind of notification system where someone either A. Replies to your post or B. Quotes it. Maybe a little hint hint to the mods
]

Yeah I remember a segment on the news a while back I think it was 5 or 6 years ago? Where "all" the confiscated items would appear on an auction. Still fuzzy on the details since it was a while back but I do distinctly remember hearing one of the flight agents talking about how they had to take it out of a person's bag and that they were basically selling it. Actually while typing the last sentence I went and did a quick search.

But not everything is given away or destroyed. Many states save the confiscated items and actually sell them online.

www.gadling.com...

I wish I could have found the video but this was the best I could do for now. On the second note, I do believe if the Airlines ever began to fall they would just get a bailout anyway and then make their usual cut backs. In the eyes of the government it would be a loss in their eyes to lose such an industry. I think this just needs to be brought into the limelight again, especially since a lot of people seem to be getting edgy now. (No facts on the last statement just my own personal observances from work. Retail work to be specific)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Someone stole my camera while my bag was being pawed through by TSA. They say nope, we're not responsible for "lost" items even though I knew it was in the bag before handing it to the TSA people and it was not there when I sat down to put back on my shoes. So yeah, this does not surprise me at all.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
In a brief moment of madness, I've often wondered if part of the overrall scheme was not only to further fleece and condition the public, but also to actually slow down the amount of air travel in the USA. If so, it has been at least somewhat effective, if only marginally.

You're right of course Mystique, they would just bail them out again. But how many times.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

That so infuriates me. They did it knowing you would miss it immediately. But they also knew there was nothing you could do about it. These people are not human. They have sold there souls, if they ever had one.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
16 stars are you kidding

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimBrandSurveillanceMan

Seriously? Sweet until your cell mate starts telling you how sweet you are.

I don't know why people think they're crooks..............check post #5
www.flyertalk.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Not surprised at all!

I saw a little online video the other day that showed how incredibly easy it was to get into many sorts of baggage that has zips locked together without leaving any evidence of a break in - quite often anything from laptop cases to suitcases and other types of baggage. I think it was done by a baggage handler who got caught and was demonstrated the method, it's so easy... One ball point pen is all you needed... I'll just leave the details at that I think, but it was so quick and easy, and literally no trace unless you wanted to really really scrutinize the bag with a magnifying glass I suppose.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Hmm why slow down air travel? It would seem to me that slowing down air travel would increase various other ways of communication. If one is not able to be physically next to another they may just use other means to see them such as webcams through skype and what have you.

I think they are prepared to do it for as long as possible. So much so that they could be down to just one or two and make it either a Monopoly or Oligopoly. I think I used the right term for the latter

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
What I would love to see is the Public infiltration of Agencys like this.
The CIA infiltrates every aspect of our lives.
Every movement the public tries to initiate you can bet it has been infiltrated.
Why can't the people organize a movement to get citizens into positions of power within agencies like the TSA
in order to expose the corruption?

Is that illegal?
edit on 15-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

The turnover rate at my local airport is very low it would seem. I wanted to look into a bag handler type job, but they haven't had an opening in at least 6 months for any position. Must need to know the right people, I guess.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Embed a camera/recording device in the luggage.

Some good documentary opportunities you think?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by smthngmssnghr

Only problem is getting it thru the scanners. Now if you had a police type scanner device and you could stand outside of the screening area and intercept the conversations between the baggage dept and the dbag marking luggage so items can be stolen after screening, that could make for some interesting listening. With all the problems they're having you would think someone would be monitoring all communications and inspecting for marked luggage. Oh yeah forgot these are the people keeping us safe, why would we need that.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

Hmm why slow down air travel?

It's easier to control and track fewer people. It also conditions the ones no longer flying to less freedoms, and keeps them away from the people they love. And of course, it forces them to use other means, such as the ones you mentioned.

I think they are prepared to do it for as long as possible. So much so that they could be down to just one or two and make it either a Monopoly or Oligopoly. I think I used the right term for the latter.

Agreed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join