It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA comes under fire again as employees admit to repeatedly stealing money from passengers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

TSA comes under fire again as employees admit to repeatedly stealing money from passengers

www.dailymail.co.uk

Michael Arato, a supervisor at Newark Liberty Airport, admitted on Monday that he regularly took money from passengers during security screenings and deliberately targeted foreigners who could not speak much English.

The 41-year-old, from Ewing, admitted in federal court that he permitted a worker he supervised to steal $10,000 to $30,000 in cash from traveller's bags over a 13-month period.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Our favorite alphabet agency is at it yet again. Only this time their stealing more than gropes and an eyefull. They want your money too. But at least it's under the authority of a supervisor, right?

The DHS has been "trying" to crack down on theft by workers at Newark Liberty International Airport. Trying? What does that mean exactly?

If it has been happening at one airport, it's been happening all over the country. And this is just a token case to make us think they're trying to do something about crimes that never should have happened to start with.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-2-2011 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
UNBELEIVABLE.... I know I know...We'll get the old "hey ,ONE bad, groping, stealing, intimidating TSA worker does'nt make them all bad." "Just feels like it." Yeah....To US.

Flagged.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This does NOT surprise me.

I flew in December to Europe and the British Airways agent told me NOT to put any valuables in my checked luggage because the TSA would steal it. She said they would steal it and I wouldn't be allowed to sue. I was completely shocked she told me this. I am glad she did because I was going to put my laptop in my bag and check it so I didn't have to carry it all over two airports. She told me if I checked it it would more than likely be stolen..

edit on 2/15/2011 by mblahnikluver because: spellllling

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Your story is way over the top. The fact that a BA agent knows that, and still nothing is being done. I am feeling the need for a sting operation
anyone got a sacrificial laptop?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
these guys are Public Creeps #1. TSA, more like T&A. Abolish the TSA. Abolish Janet Napolitano. More paranoia over al-CIA-da. If the public knew the terrorists were state provided no one would support such immoral activity.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Your story is way over the top. The fact that a BA agent knows that, and still nothing is being done. I am feeling the need for a sting operation
anyone got a sacrificial laptop?

Oh when she told me I as totally shocked. It's not something I would ever expect to hear from an airline agent at all. BA is a really nice airline to fly with imo. They were very helpful my entire trip to and from Italy.

It is pretty bad when they have to warn their passengers of the theivery that goes on via the TSA.

Edit to add...I have my laptop that is dead...hehe. I am flying again in a couple weeks, the same route. I shall check it this time and see. Wouldnt that be interesting.
edit on 2/15/2011 by mblahnikluver because: add the sacrificing of my laptop

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
these guys are Public Creeps #1. TSA, more like T&A. Abolish the TSA. Abolish Janet Napolitano. More paranoia over al-CIA-da. If the public knew the terrorists were state provided no one would support such immoral activity.

The fact is many do know this and just don't give a crap which is sad and disturbing at the same time. The only time people seem to really care is when it affects them directly.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What I would love to see is the Public infiltration of Agencys like this.
The CIA infiltrates every aspect of our lives.
Every movement the public tries to initiate you can bet it has been infiltrated.
Why can't the people organize a movement to get citizens into positions of power within agencies like the TSA
in order to expose the corruption?

Is that illegal?
edit on 15-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The extension of the patriot act was passed .So get ready for more invasion of your privacy and negation of your rights.
Nice find OP thanks.I read something back around the time the TSA was created about the majority of the people hired wouldn't be hired for any other job.The article also said something about them not doing thorough background checks.Wonder how many are just out and out criminals.
edit on 2/15/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)
S&F for you
edit on 2/15/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
TSA is nothing more than freaking mall cops control security run amok with power trips at the airports. The only thing that prevents you from self-defense is they can call the real cops with tasers and guns if you faintly twitch at them ordering your family to move, pose and strip. I'm sure these looser bozos go home boasting of how they they humiliated or subdued some big shot executive or family Dad objecting to some butch TSA agent groping his teen daughter. Every TSA agent I've seen looks like they couldn't finish school and they don't care for their own personal fitness or health. If they don't give a crap about themselves, why would they care about you?

Big overreach of government authority, taking over private security at public airports. Just goes to show you, the government employs criminals and the criminals carry a big stick of the 'government'. Maybe the government should change their motto from '...of the people' to '...of the criminals'.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dbriefed

I'm afraid it's only going to get worse from here folks. They're pushing the boundaries a little at a time to see how far we'll let them go. And so far, from their perspective, we've given them carte blanche.

edit on 15-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

It is pretty bad when they have to warn their passengers of the theivery that goes on via the TSA.

Edit to add...I have my laptop that is dead...hehe. I am flying again in a couple weeks, the same route. I shall check it this time and see. Wouldnt that be interesting.
edit on 2/15/2011 by mblahnikluver because: add the sacrificing of my laptop

Excellent! I wonder if it would be possible to put some sort of cheap tracking device inside the laptop.

Over 2 decades ago my ex girlfriend went to New York to be an illegal immigrant nanny, every single piece of correspondence between us was opened and all parcels were stolen from I don't know if it was airport workers, postal workers or customs who were the nosey thieves but this new TSA stuff doesn't surprise me at all.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Thepreye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Who's stupid enough to leave cash in a checked bag in the first place, or valuables in general? Of course I hate the fact TSA agents do this, but this type of thing happens all over. I know many people, as well as my self, who has had valuables stolen from checked bags when travelling abroad. It's happened for years.

The lesson? Don't check valuable items, or cash, which is not a very bright idea in the first place. I don't feel bad for people who have their purse stolen from their car when they leave it in plain view either, or get pickpocketed because they aren't aware of their surroundings.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ya know ..I don't care what country you come from, race you are, religion..humans are humans and we as creatures of this planet suck.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
Who's stupid enough to leave cash in a checked bag in the first place, or valuables in general? Of course I hate the fact TSA agents do this, but this type of thing happens all over. I know many people, as well as my self, who has had valuables stolen from checked bags when travelling abroad. It's happened for years.

The lesson? Don't check valuable items, or cash, which is not a very bright idea in the first place. I don't feel bad for people who have their purse stolen from their car when they leave it in plain view either, or get pickpocketed because they aren't aware of their surroundings.

You do realize that sometimes you can't bring a carry on on a plane due to space and size right?

Also the point is dont take what isnt YOURS.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
its a war on tourism and not terrorism

had my bag not been checked in France i would have been without everything for a week like my friend was while we visited NY . after a week of paper work and calling back and forth to see if the bags where really missing or if they where misplaced his bags showed up on the same day of our departure , go figure ,
no compensation, no nothing , not even an apology,

just a dumb way to get tourist to spend cash ,

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I look at it this way....Just like Hitler raked the dregs of gernany to dig up the lowest bullies for his brownshirts, the TSA and other goverment agemcies have to hire whoever is willing to do the job.
Its a job no relf respecting person would take. ergo they end up with low class emplyees garnered from the ranks of the high school dregs.And many immigrants too.
The snall minded people get a bit of authority and then lookout......if they can group yer daughter on the goverment dime, why not tip themselves with whatever comes their way too?
Looks just like Germany Circa 1936 folks ......all we need is the new Fuerer

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Tell me how this can continue, I know Americans that now refuse to fly and this must be having an effect on the airlines. As for the TSA morons I really hope they all get what is coming to them, I agree with the previous posters you are putting power into the hands of the powerless. They are brain dead fools that cannot hold down real jobs that contribute to society so they do this. I am visiting Vegas for a stag do in May, I think this will be my last visit to the states until the government realises that its citizens are not they enemy

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
So some TSA agents are stealing money from the passsengers now then. That means those passengers will have less money to spend at the doctor when they get their tumors from the radiation. Bon voyage.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join