It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Dakota bill would legalize killing abortion doctors

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

South Dakota bill would legalize killing abortion doctors

www.salon.com

South Dakota Legislature is considering a bill to let relatives of a woman seeking an abortion legally kill the provider performing the procedure.

According to Mother Jones:

The bill, sponsored by state Rep. Phil Jensen, a committed foe of abortion rights, alters the state's legal definition of justifiable homicide by adding language stating that a homicide is permissible if committed by a person "while resisting an attempt to harm" that person's unborn child or the unborn child of that person's spouse, partner, parent, or child.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Oh boy, here we go again.

So, it's okay to murder those whom we feel are murderers of fertilized ovum and fetuses? Got it.

Whatever side one happens to take on the ever-controversial abortion issue, I do not think that vigilante-approved, judge, jury and executioner escapades are the most logical approach to take.

Because even IF one happens to fall on the side of an abortion doc being a murderer, these types of chaotic vigilantisms often end with others being caught in the crossfire and being maimed or murdered.

This one is sure to create yet more heated debate from both sides I'm betting...

Discuss please...

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm anti-abortion, but the people who wish to harm or kill abortion doctors are hypocritical scumbags.

Thankfully, this bill won't see the light of day.

edit on 15-2-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Good grief, has this country gone completely out of it's collective mind, these wacko politicians are totally out of control, we need to get rid of most if not all of them, time to take back our country.

How in the world can any politician have the nerve to bring up a bill like this, justifiable homicide has risen to a sick ultimate level.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I could see if this was saying something to the effect:
If a man/woman for jealousy, animosity, insanity or financial reasons lay hands on a pregnant woman and take the baby by force, then ok.
But the last time I checked, a woman has to sign papers of consent for any medical procedure which makes her ultimately responsible, not the doctor. It is his job to do procedures. Abortion is a medical procedure.
I'm going to go start another America, this one went to the wackjobs.
cheers!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
A committed foe of abortion, eh?

Inspired, no doubt, by his deep religious convictions that all life is sacred. Except, I guess, the lives of people he disagrees with. What a wanker.

Where am I? And what am I doing in this hand-basket?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Anti-abortion as well. But this, this is just stupid.

But it WILL get any abortion docs moving pretty darned quick out of the state.

But is still a sick, wrong, way of doing it.

Can't we just educate? Put abortion clinics out of business by not providing them any business. Start by parenting again, teaching again. Instead of letting the government do it?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Because even IF one happens to fall on the side of an abortion doc being a murderer, these types of chaotic vigilantisms often end with others being caught in the crossfire and being maimed or murdered.

I would also add that I normally stay away from abortion debates because I'm sick and tired of how the subject is twisted, by both sides, into some political and/or religious issue, whereas it is actually more of a philosophical and logical issue.

I'm anti-abortion because I believe that human life starts at conception. I have no ulterior motives on this issue, nor were there any political, religious, or social biases that led to me forming my belief on this matter.

However, I accept that not everybody agrees with me, and I have to grudgingly acquiesce to the prevalent social norms of the time.

That's not to say that I won't fight ( ''fight'' being used metaphorically
) to change what I believe to be wrong in society, just that I realise there are correct channels and avenues to go about this, without attempting to force my personal beliefs on others in an unwarranted manner.

I'd say that any kind of vigilantism is wrong on an issue such as this ( besides the fact that innocent people may be injured or killed ) because people ''taking the law in to their own hands'' should only occur in extreme and desperate circumstances.

edit on 15-2-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
While I am anti abortion, I am pro choice. Before you ask how that can be, I'll explain. I personally do not believe in abortion. I think it is wrong. That being said I do believe that a woman has the right to make her own decision without my preaching my personal beliefs to her. I will not support her in any way, but I won't denigrate her either.
Now to the thread. Allowing anyone even propose a bill like this? To allow the killing of a doctor performing an abortion? An abortion that he/she is being asked to perform by a patient. Are you kidding?
This country truly has it's priorities as scattered and unfocused as a shotgun blast at 50 yards, In other words all over the place and in no specific pattern.
You can kill a doctor, but Tiger woods gets penalized for spitting on a golf course? In what bizarro world does this make sense?
edit on 15/2/2011 by withopeneyes because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/2/2011 by withopeneyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hmmm, why shouldn't a pregnant woman (for example) be allowed to use deadly force to deter someone who is trying to harm her unborn child?
edit on 15-2-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
...oh, what a shock...

...a white xtian republican pro-life hypocrit is against abortion but pro-murder of abortion providers... dont kill your brats before we get a chance to in one of our holy wars! - thats their REAL motto...

...it always the sos with them...

...via the link below you can read about this anti-female-rights / pro-murder jensen jerk...
legis.state.sd.us...

...heres the actual re-worded proposed bill... note the words "master, mistress, servant"...
legis.state.sd.us...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just a Republican being a Republican!

2nd
edit on 2/15/2011 by muse7 because:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...a white xtian republican pro-life hypocrit is against abortion but pro-murder of abortion providers... dont kill your brats before we get a chance to in one of our holy wars! - thats their REAL motto...

Lets actually think for a moment... I know emotional hysterics are much more fun, but...

Lets say you walk into your pregnant daughters house and an ex-boyfriend is punching her in the stomach and refuses to stop... I don't think your daughter or you should be considered a murderer for shooting him in the head.

Do you?

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...via the link below you can read about this anti-female-rights / pro-murder jensen jerk...

And... it is "pro-female-rights" to throw them in jail for protecting their unborn from harm?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
A piece of legislation which might be a good one, but it is far too broad in scope. So your interpretation is correct, it could be seen to encompass killing doctors. Not just abortion doctors, but doctors and nurses whom one believes are causing harm during the birthing process, or at check ups.

Like most pieces of bad legislation, somoene let their agenda rule instead of sense.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Wait a minute... so if it's ok to assault an abortion doctor and self defense is already legal I have the greatest idea ever. Give them both a weapon of their choice and lock them in an arena. Add some tv-cameras and you have the best reality tv-show ever. We've all seen in scifi movies that this would be a sure hit.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I support Abortion

I don't think a woman should be forced to have a baby that was the result of a rape or incest-rape, or if having the child puts the woman's life at risk.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I see nothing in that bill that even remotely suggests making it legal to kill "abortion doctors". Good spin, though. Really stimulates the partisans.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I see nothing in that bill that even remotely suggests making it legal to kill "abortion doctors". Good spin, though. Really stimulates the partisans.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I'm usually hesitant when it comes from a Mother Jones source, but I imagined being in a court room and having lawyers argue the point.
It disturbed me.

But then again, my imagination usually does.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This bill allows women to use deadly force to protect their unborn from harm.

I guess some people think that a woman who kills a "real person" to protect a "lump of tissue" should rot in prison like any other murderer... this is what "protecting women's rights" has come to I guess.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
motherjones.com...

Oh look at this . . . the civilized west are advocating something that will advance organized terrorism. Likely Christian fanatics . . . . And I thought such antics were done by only Muslim fanatics, Oh My . . . what a shock and surprise! It passed 9 to 3 in the republican committee

I guess we can call this American Sharia Law! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I told you so!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join